Aftermarket Discuss aftermarket upgrades to your CBR here.

Help Transforming F4i into Naked Bike

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Transforming F4i into Naked Bike

I recently laid down my F4i and scratched up the right fairing. I had sliders, so it wasn't that bad, but I want to strip off the fairings and convert my F4i into essentially a Naked Bike. I have always liked naked bikes and now I kinda have a reason to convert mine, but I don't want to do any mods that will be permanent. There are a few main things I would like to achieve with this which I am hoping the CBR forum community will help me with.
1. Replace front cowl with just small round dual headlights and maybe a little windscreen, kind of what is on some Monsters (Duc).
2. Clean up the internals and wiring that will be exposed after the fairings are removed
3. Remove/Replace rear seat cowl with a single seat (cut off in back look) or find a reduced cowl like the GP bikes have
-I would probably have to throw a new rear light on the back, but I would like to use my existing OEM part

I am in college and poor, so think of plans on a budget basis.

Cheers!
AJ

PS I am studying to be a Mech Engineer (Senior) and have worked on my bike a fair amount. I can use a mill and lathe, so bring on the technical jargon. I am slow when it comes to electric, hence why I'm not an electrical engineer.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Default RE: Help Transforming F4i into Naked Bike

lol edit..

you cant post web links?

i'll pm it to you..

also i've been thinking of the same thing.. only I'm going to chop my stock fairings into a belly pan.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for your words on my thread, Mate look at any of the streetfighter parts sites to pick up most of the stuff, headlight mounts, headlights etc, the only trouble wit the F4i is the intake ducts, thats the only reason i left the top clip on mine.... i couldn't work out how to route them....

you could block them off of course b/c to be honest they really dont work untill your doin 100mph!!!, though you will probably need to retune at those throttle openings...

then make ome covers to fil the holes on the side of the tank.....

alot of places make top clamps to fit MX bars also, but remeber that you are goin to need longer brake lines etc.

alot of the stunters use F4i's with MX head lights so it can be done.... i was just being lazy...:P

good luck with it and keep us in the loop

peace

Old 06-14-2008, 05:00 AM

http://www.acerbis.com/p107_headlight/3002.html
i had such front stock on my italian supermoto , check it out

Old 06-15-2008, 01:21 PM

I love the street fighter look. especially the cut-off rearend you're thinking of. if you have a nanner seat, you may want to think about the 01-03 split seat subframe, because getting the nanner seat modded to be a bobber is going to be a lot of work