1000 Modifications This section is specifically for questions and advice pertaining to mods of the current 1000 models.

08 cbr1000rr no cut frame sliders

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 01:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imzaanedoo
well i'd agree with you all on that, but i've actually seen a no-cut hold up pretty good on an 08 that crashed, because on the 08 no-cut there is a second mount point to spread any impact load out, and prevent (or at least reduce) any torsion on the frame ...but i mean it's true that cut sliders are more reliable! i do have cut sliders on my Ducati. But to give my no-cuts additonal support i added a pair of sato racing engine sliders on the 08 so its not that bad, i didn't have to do any modifications or trimming on my bike for the no-cuts. I'm not gonna dispute the fact that cut sliders are better than no-cuts because they are, but everyone has their preferences, if God forbids that i do have a major accident i wouldn't be worrying about my bike or whether if the sliders had hold more than myself, i'd just buy a new bike!...that's why i say everyone has their own preferences, while knowing the advantages and disadvantages.
ture that, thats basically what I was doing, just putting the facts out there. Most just want the no-cuts to avoid cutting their fairings lol. I actually like the look of the cuts over the no-cuts, but like you said thats my perference.

Old 05-29-2009, 10:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by imzaanedoo
well i'd agree with you all on that, but i've actually seen a no-cut hold up pretty good on an 08 that crashed, because on the 08 no-cut there is a second mount point to spread any impact load out, and prevent (or at least reduce) any torsion on the frame ...but i mean it's true that cut sliders are more reliable! i do have cut sliders on my Ducati. But to give my no-cuts additonal support i added a pair of sato racing engine sliders on the 08 so its not that bad, i didn't have to do any modifications or trimming on my bike for the no-cuts. I'm not gonna dispute the fact that cut sliders are better than no-cuts because they are, but everyone has their preferences, if God forbids that i do have a major accident i wouldn't be worrying about my bike or whether if the sliders had hold more than myself, i'd just buy a new bike!...that's why i say everyone has their own preferences, while knowing the advantages and disadvantages.
I completely agree with imzaanedoo. If I ever lay the bike down in an accident is bad enough to really harm the bike, the last thing Im worried about is the bike. I just want to be able to walk away from it.

With that said, the T Rex frame sliders look like they are strong enough to handle that kind of accident. They come with a 1/4" steal bracket that follows the frame. (I can post pictures later) There is nothing underneath it that could be punctured or damaged.

I chose the no cuts because if I drop the bike it will probably be because I was stupid and forgot to put my kickstand down or something. Im pretty confident in my riding abilities. I wanted something to be there to protect the fairings. To me, cutting a hole in the fairing to add a frame slider defeats the purpose of protecting the fairings from damage.

To each his own.

Old 05-30-2009, 11:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've never seen any that work. we have some race railz here that are discounted, there's a small scratch on the one side, that fit a 600rr 07/08..