Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

What kinda VAN you guys take your motorcycle to go to track?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 04:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking What kinda VAN you guys take your motorcycle to go to track?

HI

Just in case to share of you guys opinion.

I'm going to buy a VAN to take my motobike togo to track, but don't know which one is

better, I'd not choose pick up truck, because the VAN can cover from rain and sun...

Anyone please give your opinion to me..really appreciate

Old 12-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

New or used?

Full size/utility or family type?

I've seen just about everything used to take bikes to the track...you wouldn't believe. ;-) However, since you're searching for a van, I'll recommend a full size...such as the Ford E250 or Chevy Express...panel-type w/o windows.

After you get it, make sure you have heavy duty shocks. Also, you'll need to get some tracks to safely secure your bike. Trailer supply type stores have about every kind of track/hook/strap you'll need. For a front wheel chock, you could have something specifically dedicated & bolted to your van floor or you could use a Baxley chock/stand...then, remove it & use it in your pit area once at the track.

Happy shopping to ya...

Old 12-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcbr
New or used?

Full size/utility or family type?

I've seen just about everything used to take bikes to the track...you wouldn't believe. ;-) However, since you're searching for a van, I'll recommend a full size...such as the Ford E250 or Chevy Express...panel-type w/o windows.

After you get it, make sure you have heavy duty shocks. Also, you'll need to get some tracks to safely secure your bike. Trailer supply type stores have about every kind of track/hook/strap you'll need. For a front wheel chock, you could have something specifically dedicated & bolted to your van floor or you could use a Baxley chock/stand...then, remove it & use it in your pit area once at the track.

Happy shopping to ya...
Thanks for reply..

I was looking for a used cargo van, but after I come back from motorcycle show, I was told from a professional racer...he told me that buy a passenger van is better, because I can pick up two people in the rear, and take off the back seat instead of putting a motorcycle in the back....

But I don't know if the regular size Chevrolet Express or Ford E-9 passenger van can do that?? I have to go to dealer to see the passenger vans....

Appreciate ...