Track Days & Riding Schools This section is for the announcement of open track days and educational riding school events.

California Superbike School at Mid-Ohio in 06

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default California Superbike School at Mid-Ohio in 06

This post is for anyone who might be interested in attending the California Superbike School when it comes to Mid-Ohio. The dates for Mid-Ohio aren't posted yet but it should be at Mid-Ohio in the summer of 06 and I will be going for sure. In 05 they were at Mid-Ohio from July 25th through the 28th so I anticipate the same time of year. I thought it might be cool to maybe do the one class day then get together the next day for a group ride or something. Depending on how 06 goes I might do the 2 day class in 07, big money like $2000. Who knows, it costs a lot more and 07 is far away. By the way the cost for the 05 one day class was $395/$595, your bike/their bike. 06 will probably be a bit more and I plan on using their bike.

Oh this will also give me an excuse/justification to buy some leathers . You can rent safety gear from them if you don't have or want to buy your own.

Post here to show interest!

Old 11-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Retired Administrator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: California Superbike School at Mid-Ohio in 06

I'd like to see if I can make it, but I'll have to see the dates since I'm moving.

Old 11-13-2005, 11:52 PM

As soon as we find out the dates for sure, I am in with ya Adam.... Might be their leathers and their bike for sure, but I am game!
I am sure I will be talking to you between now and then.... I am game!

Old 11-14-2005, 12:01 AM

ORIGINAL: 05Tribal

06 will probably be a bit more and I plan on using their bike.
IMHO, you're much better off using your bike. You already know how your bike accelrates, brakes, and steers. Your mind and focus will already be on learning the track and CSS's flood of info. You don't need the extra distraction of learning a different bike. Plus, part of the whole point of going to the track is to see what you can do on YOUR bike. If you're use their bike, you'll be doing all sorts of stuff and then you'll be wishing you had tried that with your bike on the track. Then when you get back home, you'll be doing that same stuff on the street where it won't be safe to do such.

I suspect that the biggest reason you're thinking of using their bike is that you're worried about crashing yours. I think the extra x-factors of a unfamiliar bike make you more prone to crashing. Also, you'll likely be sharing this bike with other students. So the suspension won't be set up properly for you (or any other student). This will be a HUGE limitation on pushing the limits.

Old 11-19-2005, 01:12 AM
L8X

wow thats a pretty chunk of change, i hope it's worth it. im sure it is though or else it wouldnt still be available

Old 12-16-2005, 05:49 PM

If you could find out the dates that would be helpful. I am down for that. I am looking forward to getting on the track to see what I can do. I tear up the back roads in pa and nj throwin my bike side to side, but thats not the track and its a lot more dangerous with cars leaves and gravel on the road you know. I was planning on gettin on the track this summer but don't know where to start. If anyone in the philadelphia area or anywhere else know of some places please let me know. Thanks

Old 12-16-2005, 08:39 PM

The dates for the Mid-Ohio School are August 7th for the one day school and August 8th and 9th for the two day school. Check out their web site for speicifics. The link is in the first post on this topic.

Old 12-20-2005, 08:53 PM

Oh, how funny! I'm planning on taking the classes at Laguna Seca in the beginning of March with a buddy of mine . . . . . . good point Abad about using your own bike, i'd be a shame not to get all you could out of it cause your learning the handling of a different bike

Old 05-31-2006, 12:52 AM

hey i am in marion ohio and i go every year!! so im down to ride with ya guys!! i took that course 2 years ago and its well worth the money. as far as the schedule, they have different times for different experience levels check out this link and then lets set a date. i am going to the ama championship it is from august 4-6 at mid-ohio. pm me or send me an email. if ya wanna hook up and ride. let me know and i'll give ya my digits!!

http://www.midohio.com/school.aspx

Old 05-31-2006, 01:00 PM

I feel kind of bad since I started this post but I won't be making the California Superbike School. Money is tighter then expected around the house hold, $5000 for new Expedition engine, so I had to choose between the California School and Sportbike Track Time. I chose Sportbike Time for work related scheduling reasons. I will be attending the June 5&6 dates with kiggy74. I will also be at the August races the entire week end. My wife and I will be camping out on the Mid-Ohio camp grounds with a couple of friends and let me tell you it gets crazy there at night, I call it mini Mardi-Graw.

We need to start some kind of list of mobile phone numbers and a place to meet when we get up there. We will be out riding a lot both Friday and Saturday, maybe before but for sure after the races. As some of you might know Park Avenue is a bike cursing spot on Saturday night so that might be the place to meet. The last couple of years, on orders from the Mayor, the local police have been really tolerant letting bikes do burn outs and wheelies on the main drag. My only complaint with the whole night is a lot of people start showing up in all kinds of cars and trucks and try to show off in them.

As August gets closer I will collect everyone’s personal emails and figure out how to get everyone to meet up.