SUPERBIKE SCHOOL

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2005, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SUPERBIKE SCHOOL

Has anyone attended any of the superbike school sessions?

I have never been on the track before (No tracks in Idaho), so it looks like a good opportunity to learn all of the skills needed to "safely" enjoy riding any tracks and enhance the experience of the weekend rides (canyon roads). Plus, the fact that you get to experience and to have the freedom of going fast without being worried about Cages, traffic, loose sand and COPs.

Their two days camp sounds pretty good. They have the following machinery (training bikes):

Control Trainer: Teaches riders to operate and correctly time their control operations.
Lean Bike
Slide Bike
Panic Brake Bike
Wheelie Bike
Video Bike
No BS Bike

I tested the Control Trainer in Laguna Seca (Red Bull Moto GP) and it really challenged me. Had a hard time blipping the Throttle while keeping pressure on the front brake and shifting down at the same time EFFICIENTLY. I do this all the time, but I guess it can be perfected.

Old 09-11-2005, 04:54 AM
Default RE: SUPERBIKE SCHOOL

Basically, I am just wondering if any of you guys have any feedback (positive / negative) about the school.

"Doing easily what others find difficult is talent; doing what is impossible for talent is genius"

Old 09-12-2005, 03:36 AM

You'll love it! You'll also be tired at the end of the day; but you'll have a big smile.

Later on I suggest trying other schools; and try other tracks than where you do your CSS.

Cheers

Old 09-12-2005, 11:48 AM

Does anyone have a site for any of the suberbike schools preferably closer to the east coast.

Old 09-14-2005, 05:12 AM

Well guys,

I suppose I need to find out for myself what the Superbike scool is all about; therefore, I am flying out tomorrow to the two day camp in Reno (Sept 15-16). Riding their 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R's, with Dunlop 208's does not sound too bad. My main concern is getting used to their bikes, we'll see.

Reno is also having their famous Air Races; hopefuly I get to see the end of it.

P.S Thanks a lot for the feedback Whippet Goode.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:44 AM

Runnin, not sure if your looking to get licensed but Im a member of sportbiketracktime.com and you can go to this website click on news then scroll down to the caption reading something like AHRMA and WERA liscensing school. You will have to email Monte and he'll hook you up with info. If you enjoy track days I would highly recommend joining and signing up. I live in Tennessee and their are at least three tracks they offer within a few hours drive. Seems the East Coast riders get shafted on big time race venues besides Barber Motorsports Park.

Old 09-14-2005, 06:45 AM

In Vegas they have the Freddy Spencer Riding School. They will rent you the bike and set you up with a hotel room and transportation to the track. Here is the web site: http://www.fastfreddie.com/. A bit pricey but worth it if you have the cash.