Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

California Superbike School

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 12:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default California Superbike School

I wanted to post this here since this area gets the most attention.

I just signed up for the California Superbike School on May 19that VIR. I wanted to know if any of you have attended this school and have any suggestions or if anyone else from the forum will be attending the class on the same date?

I am currently reading "A Twist of the Wrist II" and find it very interesting. Halfway through the book and I have learned several things already. (who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks)

Looking forward to your inputs!

BP

Old 01-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: California Superbike School

I haven't been, but I'm extra jealous.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:35 PM

Don't be jealous.....come with us! The more the better!

If you started selling blood now, and collected bottles along the road, visit the local sperm bank, etc, etc it could be affordable!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:39 PM

If all goes well, I will see you there!! .. Just waiting for my graduation application to come back and then I'll sign up for May 19th and 20th. I knowBlue Fox has attended this school at Laguna Seca and says its the best thing he has ever done. He learned more at this school then 2 track days. https://cbrforum.com/m_437844/tm.htm

Old 01-03-2008, 02:15 PM

I'm reading BlueFox's post now. Did you do the 1 day or 2 day camp? Only reason I haven't gone yet, is because I have my heart set on the 2 day camps. (and no crap about excuses, excuses)

Old 01-03-2008, 02:57 PM

I hear ya...I really liked the write-up for the two day school. BUT.....that is a little pricey.

I read all of Blue Fox's discription and that helped sell me. It was a toss-up between Cornerspeed or Cali before I read it. You see the impact he made!

Old 01-03-2008, 02:59 PM

sorry, forgot to add - just doing the one day but we will arrive on Sunday, complete the school Monday, and celebrate Monday night. Then we will rest up and drive home on Tuesday. (5-6 hour drive to VIR)

Old 01-03-2008, 03:00 PM

Sooo... $650 to use their bike and attend the level 1 school. Sweet. Was that one day or two? Also, Do you have to bring your own leathers, boots, etc? Or can that be rented as well (asking because I'd have to fly there and I need to know what has to be brought and what I could just rent). What happens if you accidently lose a bike you rented? I assume it's covered in some kinda insurance... but better to figure that out beforehand. If there's a link to some info, I'd love that too.

<edit> Aaaaaannnnddddd..... I'm an idiot. I kept reading and there it was. $75 for gear, the website to check, etc etc. Soooo... nevermind.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:14 PM

I did a school last year. T'Was Da Bomb. My goal is more schools and tracktimein 08. Cornerspeed is on the list.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, I took it the 1 day level I course at Laguna Seca. The best thing I've ever done, EVER. Here's a thread where I posted tons of pics and described my experience. Hopefully doing it again at the end of April at Laguna Seca.

https://cbrforum.com/m_437844/tm.htm

Quick Reply: California Superbike School