Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Wheelie Ticket! =D!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 11:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

lol, so what were they suppose to do? Let the iggits keep on doing their 100+ wheelies etc down the hwys?? It was obvious the old rules n punishments were not deterring the iggits riders.

Originally Posted by dsrdr
lol IDK how you get that I'm left wing

What pisses me off is the government circumventing the constitution to gain more power and control than what they are truly due. I actually wish they would have left the prison time and seizure of the bike in the bill, as it more clearly exemplified their intent to be malicious, heavy handed and excessive in their punishment.

btw, "Zero Tolerance" is a term for what amounts to the legislative branch gaining power and control over the judicial branch (which are supposed to share a BALANCE of power) and doing their job for them by sentencing the defendant themselves through even MORE legislation. Tying the judges hands. Resulting in an IMBALANCE of power which the constitution intended to prevent.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Forget it PG. Until the fine is negligible enough that he can wheelie every paycheck with impunity we'll live in a police state, Big Brother is watching and the Constitution is just a bit of toilet tissue since he can't do what he wants.

Cop gives a guy a ticket for going up on 1 in an empty parking lot? Got my support
Crying cause it costs too much when they knowing break the law and endanger public safety? Got my laughter

Old 01-29-2010, 11:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Forget it PG. Until the fine is negligible enough that he can wheelie every paycheck with impunity we'll live in a police state, Big Brother is watching and the Constitution is just a bit of toilet tissue since he can't do what he wants.

Cop gives a guy a ticket for going up on 1 in an empty parking lot? Got my support
Crying cause it costs too much when they knowing break the law and endanger public safety? Got my laughter
well I do agree on the big brother thing on the whole, but just not so in this case lol

Old 01-29-2010, 11:59 AM

Bah, let em watch. The laws I break are too minor for federal scrutiny and I don't plan to run for any public office.

I've gotten hit for doing 29 mph over the limit in my old Celica (the cop was being nice and dropped it to 29 mph). After blowing past her, I pulled over 3 blocks down the road and waited for her. I knew I was busted (doing 115 mph in a 35 mph zone). I was ready to face the consequences and that's why she dropped it to 29 over (and cause it was 2am with nobody on the road). I even answered her honestly when questioned:

Cop - Do you know what the speed limit is on this street?
Me - Yeah, 35 mph. 30 mph in some areas
Cop - Do you know how fast you were going?
Me - Yeah, 115 mph. 110 mph in some areas
Cop - Why'd you stop?
Me - Cause I knew I was caught

Old 01-31-2010, 02:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bah, let em watch. The laws I break are too minor for federal scrutiny and I don't plan to run for any public office.

I've gotten hit for doing 29 mph over the limit in my old Celica (the cop was being nice and dropped it to 29 mph). After blowing past her, I pulled over 3 blocks down the road and waited for her. I knew I was busted (doing 115 mph in a 35 mph zone). I was ready to face the consequences and that's why she dropped it to 29 over (and cause it was 2am with nobody on the road). I even answered her honestly when questioned:

Cop - Do you know what the speed limit is on this street?
Me - Yeah, 35 mph. 30 mph in some areas
Cop - Do you know how fast you were going?
Me - Yeah, 115 mph. 110 mph in some areas
Cop - Why'd you stop?
Me - Cause I knew I was caught
Damn I’m not sure if I would’ve stopped. Back in the day I may have ran from the cops a few times. Successfully.

Old 01-31-2010, 02:55 AM

Now I stand to loose too much if I don't stop or if I do somthing like that.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:58 PM

It is your opinion that the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Apparently while many bikers may agree, the majority of the public doesn't since the fine is still there.

System works. 3 choices left:
  1. Change the opinon of the majority
  2. Move
  3. Shut up

Dude, nobody is holding a gun to your head making you wheelie.
if it's only my opinion, how do you explain the disparity in punishments between a person who improperly affixes the tag on their car and who just has to keep paying $80 fines for each infraction, faces no moving violation, no points, no criminal record... and a person who does the same thing on a moped or motorcycle who faces several thousands of dollars in fines, a 10 year DL suspension and a felony criminal record and all that entails, including loss of right to vote. Either one is fair and the other too harsh, or one is fair and the other is too lenient. They can't possibly both be fair.

Also, you seem to think that there was a public majority vote on this. It was a bill, not a proposition. It was never on a public ballot. The whole thing was drawn up, passed and enacted by less than 30 people. Some majority...

Old 01-31-2010, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by dsrdr
if it's only my opinion, how do you explain the disparity in punishments between a person who improperly affixes the tag on their car and who just has to keep paying $80 fines for each infraction, faces no moving violation, no points, no criminal record... and a person who does the same thing on a moped or motorcycle who faces several thousands of dollars in fines, a 10 year DL suspension and a felony criminal record and all that entails, including loss of right to vote. Either one is fair and the other too harsh, or one is fair and the other is too lenient. They can't possibly both be fair.

Also, you seem to think that there was a public majority vote on this. It was a bill, not a proposition. It was never on a public ballot. The whole thing was drawn up, passed and enacted by less than 30 people. Some majority...
Thought we were talking about you keeping both wheels on the ground, not tag placement

But how to explain it? Guys running from the cops with their tags mounted on their bikes so they can't be read. Bikes going through traffic control cameras that couldn't grab a pic because the tag is wrapped on their swingarm (or tucked up cause they hit the plate flipper) Can't say with any certainty but I'd bet if pulled over cause they have zip ties holding the plate to a proper mount (and don't give the cop any attitute), most cops would give them a fix it ticket or warning.

Florida legislature apparently found problems in the biker community that normal fines weren't resolving. So they jacked the fines up to try and get bikers' attention. Seems to be working cause it got yours. And I didn't mean yall voted for the laws. I mean vote them out and vote in representatives more friendly towards biker community. Worked here in PA (state sponsored MSF courses for residents, red light sensor bypassing, legal LED / neon for visibility, etc).

But I don't think you'll find anyone in public office friendly towards wheelies on public road. When the front wheel leaves the ground in a public roadway, the motorcycle represents an increased risk to public safety. It doesn't matter how good you are or think you are. The best, meaning professionals whose entire livelihood depends on how good they are on a motorcycle, have wrecked even through no fault of their own.

What makes you think you're better?

Old 03-14-2010, 03:28 PM

I agree it is dangerous and I am pretty stupid for doing it at lights. But $1000?!

Bike taken away? Felony?

I've seen people with fking DUI's get off for less!

Old 03-14-2010, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
Now I stand to loose too much if I don't stop or if I do somthing like that.
hahahhaha oh god; concerning this topic, is it actually possible to get away successfully from a cop who chases you?

Let's say they didn't have your plate cuz you covered it (or something like that), and you were on a motorcycle. The cop is at a standstill, and you zoom by 80+mph. Couldn't you just take a turn and lose the cop?

I keep watching cop chases on tv and the cops have helicopters and walky talkies, coordinating your takedown. I feel like it is impossible nowadays.

Quick Reply: Wheelie Ticket! =D!