Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Wheelie Ticket! =D!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[quote=PlayfulGod;876909]you have to look at it from the LEOs side too. The way they see it if they let you go today because theres no a soul in sight, whats to say you wont be doing it tomorrow in 5 o'clock traffic? Get what I am saying?

that's true, i agree with that. with that conclusion it is unfortunate that the mature riders that think before they move have to deal with the extra insurance, and the way most people look at our bikes and style of riding.
but like you say, it is what it is, we just accept it and try to do our part to make a better scene. ( until no ones looking ) haha.

Old 01-25-2010, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by dsrdr
Fight it, they are reducing them or dropping them. They don't want it going to the supreme court because it's a violation of the 8th amendment.
IT IS NOT CREUL AND UNSUAL PUNISHMENT, excessive fines or excessive bail! that’s idiotic! SO stupid they are not denying you anything and you are endangering everyone around you and especially your self! Driving is a privilege not a right! Don’t do it on public highways! Private roads empty parking lots abandoned airways ect NOT highways or roads! ESPECIALLY IN FLORIDA! Der!!
ps You might want to google 8th amendment!

Old 01-25-2010, 04:47 AM

that this LEOs opinion. Yea the fine sucks. But you were in the wrong. pay it, contest it try to get it lowered maybe some comunity service time. But no matter how you look at it, you were wrong. Not saying i have never broken the law, but dont be too crazy with it! speeding a few mph is one thing, riding on one tire is another.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:55 AM

$500 fine for bringin the front wheel up here in Jax florida....sucks gettin a ticket...you gotta pick the rite time and the rite place to do it, other wise you risk it bud...

Old 01-25-2010, 05:48 PM

no stop, no ticket. lmao

Old 01-25-2010, 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
you have to look at it from the LEOs side too. The way they see it if they let you go today because theres no a soul in sight, whats to say you wont be doing it tomorrow in 5 o'clock traffic? Get what I am saying?
This train of thought is presumptive guilt, a Soviet mindset which has no place in American law enforcement.

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
IT IS NOT CREUL AND UNSUAL PUNISHMENT, excessive fines or excessive bail! that’s idiotic! SO stupid they are not denying you anything and you are endangering everyone around you and especially your self! Driving is a privilege not a right! Don’t do it on public highways! Private roads empty parking lots abandoned airways ect NOT highways or roads! ESPECIALLY IN FLORIDA! Der!!
ps You might want to google 8th amendment!

it is in violation of the 8th in that it imposes excessive fines. The fines are excessive even by Florida own reckless driving standards which put a cap of $500 (can be $25-$500) for a first offense and a cap of $1000 for 2nd and subsequent offenses. The bills fines are also in addition to, not a replacement for, the initial reckless fine. so a $280 reckless ticket becomes $1,280 for a first offense, and that is for reckless driving, lets not forget that the anti-biker law gives the same punishment to a motorcycle or moped with an improperly affixed tag, so if your license plate is held on by zip ties instead of nut and bolt, you face the same $1k, $2.5k, $5k fines and 10 year license suspension. Whereas a car or truck would face an $80 fine and no suspension. There is no question that that is excessive and minority targeting and judges hate mandatory minimums as it gives them no leeway for mitigating circumstances and they would just as soon throw the case out or reduce the charge to something that doesn't fall under those guidelines in order to reach a punishment they consider appropriate. Thank god for checks and balances.

BTW, the prison time and seizure of the motorcycle was removed from the bill, as it was a more clear violation of the constitution. The whole bill is, however, and unfortunately is indicative of where our society is heading. The freedom, rights and civil liberties our founding fathers bestowed upon us are slowly being taken away by people who only seek to gain more power by further controlling human behavior. If there was a way to remove the fun and pleasure from procreating, you can be sure a bill would be introduced somewhere to make it a law.

"The government is best which governs least" - Thomas Paine

Old 01-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

This train of thought is presumptive guilt, a Soviet mindset which has no place in American law enforcement.
No not really, esp if he (anyone) just got pulled over for doing a wheelie etc. WHy should the LEO let em off? 99% of us would not take as a 'oh hell I just got lucky so I better knock it off' thing. Most of us would be goin hahahaha that pig me go, lets go raise some hell now, the pigs are pu$$ies, we can get away with it, etc ,etc, etc.

Hell when I get pulled over on the bike the LEO is in shock most of the time because I actually stopped. I simply reply do I look stupid?? not only would I be endangering myself, you, and god knows how many others.

IMO its simple, get caught, own up to it, n pay the price. And yes if you can get the charges n fines reduced thats great. But if you want to blame someone for them cracking down, look at your local squid doing wheelies down main street thinking he looks cool!!!

Old 01-26-2010, 07:31 AM

it is in violation of the 8th in that it imposes excessive fines. The fines are excessive even by Florida own reckless driving standards which put a cap of $500 (can be $25-$500) for a first offense and a cap of $1000 for 2nd and subsequent offenses. The bills fines are also in addition to, not a replacement for, the initial reckless fine. so a $280 reckless ticket becomes $1,280 for a first offense, and that is for reckless driving, lets not forget that the anti-biker law gives the same punishment to a motorcycle or moped with an improperly affixed tag, so if your license plate is held on by zip ties instead of nut and bolt, you face the same $1k, $2.5k, $5k fines and 10 year license suspension. Whereas a car or truck would face an $80 fine and no suspension. There is no question that that is excessive and minority targeting and judges hate mandatory minimums as it gives them no leeway for mitigating circumstances and they would just as soon throw the case out or reduce the charge to something that doesn't fall under those guidelines in order to reach a punishment they consider appropriate. Thank god for checks and balances.

BTW, the prison time and seizure of the motorcycle was removed from the bill, as it was a more clear violation of the constitution. The whole bill is, however, and unfortunately is indicative of where our society is heading. The freedom, rights and civil liberties our founding fathers bestowed upon us are slowly being taken away by people who only seek to gain more power by further controlling human behavior. If there was a way to remove the fun and pleasure from procreating, you can be sure a bill would be introduced somewhere to make it a law
Here is the Florida Statute. It is not a reckless driving ticket ALTHOUGH that could be thrown in! It is a wheelie ticket! It you read further down it states BOTH WHEELS MUST REMAIN ON THE ROADS SURFACE AT ALL TIMES! Florida has a no tolerance with motorcycles and wheelies as well as excessive speed. Ect. They also have a no tolerance for drinking would you like Florida to amend that as well? This law was put into place because it is a common sense hazard to everyone on the road and should not be accepted. I say again as I said before DRIVING IS A PRIVLEDGE! NOT A RIGHT! Furthermore to dare say a LEO is in “a Soviet mindset” IS CRAZYNESS how dare you even state that! BTW LEO only enforce the law they don’t make it. Contact you senator or rep of house to change the laws. I see that as TOTAL disrespect! Someone who puts their life on the line for you safety and you DARE say they act in a soviet mindset. This may be my opinion and mine alone THAT WAS RETARDED!

CHAPTER 2008-117
Council Substitute for House Bill No. 137
An act relating to operating a motor vehicle; creating s. 316.1926, F.S.;
creating additional offenses regarding motor vehicle operation;
amending s. 316.2085, F.S.; requiring an operator of a motorcycle or
moped to maintain both wheels on the ground at all times; requiring
that the license tag of a motorcycle or moped be affixed horizontally;
amending s. 318.14, F.S.; providing additional penalties for certain
offenses; providing for a specified fine and revocation of the person’s
privilege to operate a motor vehicle; providing an effective date.
Be It Enacted by the Legislature of the State of Florida:
Section 1. Section 316.1926, Florida Statutes, is created to read:
316.1926 Additional offenses.—
(1) A person who violates the provisions of s. 316.2085(2) or (3) shall be
cited for a moving violation, punishable as provided in chapter 318.
(2) A person who exceeds the speed limit in excess of 50 miles per hour
or more in violation of s. 316.183(2), s. 316.187, or s. 316.189 shall be cited
for a moving violation, punishable as provided in chapter 318.
Section 2. Subsection (2) of section 316.2085, Florida Statutes, is
amended, subsections (3) through (6) of that section are renumbered as
subsections (4) through (7), respectively, and a new subsection (3) is added
to that section, to read:
316.2085 Riding on motorcycles or mopeds.—
(2) A person shall ride upon a motorcycle or moped only while sitting
astride the seat, with both wheels on the ground at all times, facing forward,
and with one leg on each side of the motorcycle or moped. However, it is not
a violation of this subsection if the wheels of a motorcycle or moped lose
contact with the ground briefly due to the condition of the road surface or
other circumstances beyond the control of the operator.
(3) The license tag of a motorcycle or moped must be permanently affixed
horizontally to the ground and may not be adjusted or capable of being
flipped up.
Section 3. Subsection (13) is added to section 318.14, Florida Statutes, to
read:
318.14 Noncriminal traffic infractions; exception; procedures.—
(13)(a) A person cited for a violation of s. 316.1926 shall, in addition to
any other requirements provided in this section, pay a fine of $1,000. This
fine is in lieu of the fine required under s. 318.18(3)(b), if the person was
cited for violation of s. 316.1926(2).
CODING: Words stricken are deletions; words underlined are additions.
(b) A person cited for a second violation of s. 316.1926 shall, in addition
to any other requirements provided in this section, pay a fine of $2,500. This
fine is in lieu of the fine required under s. 318.18(3)(b), if the person was
cited for violation of s. 316.1926(2). In addition, the court shall revoke the
person’s authorization and privilege to operate a motor vehicle for a period
of 1 year and order the person to surrender his or her driver’s license.
(c) A person cited for a third violation of s. 316.1926 commits a felony of
the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s.
775.084. Upon conviction, the court shall impose a fine of $5,000, revoke the
person’s authorization and privilege to operate a motor vehicle for a period
of 10 years, and order the person to surrender his or her driver’s license.
Section 4. This act shall take effect October 1, 2008.
Approved by the Governor June 10, 2008.
Filed in Office Secretary of State June 10, 2008.
Ch. 2008-117 LAWS OF FLORIDA Ch. 2008-117
CODING: Words stricken are deletions; words underlined are additions.

Old 01-27-2010, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by halffast1g
no stop, no ticket. lmao
+1 lamo

Old 01-27-2010, 07:12 PM

Yep, that's how it all started in former Soviet Union. They were handing out wheelie tickets, steep fines, and revoking driving privileges everywhere. Presumptive guilt was around a long time before the Soviets.

If you're dense enough to defend someones right to be stupid then you should be prepared to be judged right along with them.

There's a time and a place for everything. Public highways are not the time and place for anything but safe and responsible riding. Make your choice, don't complain when you've gotta pay the price. No one is infringing upon your constitutional rights. Your rights only extend as far as the next individuals and I've got more of a right to have a safe ride/drive to work than you have to be an idiot.

You say controlling human behavior. It's not controlling human behavior ********, it's an attempt to prevent unneccessary death, pain, and loss of property due to the negligence of another driver who is unwilling to operate a motor vehicle with some common sense.

The problem with many of you "freedom fighters" is that you have no idea what freedom is. You hinder the fight to retain individual liberty and freedom much more than you help. You quote Thomas Paine and preach about the Founding Fathers and what you think they intended when they warned about the dangers of allowing a government to control the citizens and have too much power but you really don't have a clue.

Quick Reply: Wheelie Ticket! =D!