Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Wheelie Ticket! =D!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blakjak
If you're dense enough to defend someones right to be stupid then you should be prepared to be judged right along with them.
Damn that's the wisest thing I've read on a forum all day. You should make that your sig!

Cop or pre-law?

Old 01-28-2010, 07:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would rather see some dumbass riding down the road in flip-flops and shorts doing a head stand wheelie than some dumbass driving an 4 ton suv, texting, smoking a cig, bull****ing with their friend, fumbling with their i-pod.... ect there is alot of other things out there that they should be cracking down on. I was driving down the road in my truck and had to switch lanes to make it to the next turn lane. this lady in a bmw would not let me over, so i just come to the stop light where she was stoping after me now. SMASH she rear ends a pontiac g6 that was siting at the stop light. i look over in amazement that she was still doing something with her cell phone. that would have been fun if i got in front of her on my bike and got killed because of her! give them basterds the heavy fines and take them off the roads.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:31 AM

Agreed on the dumb a$$es in cars doing stupid stuff.. But that is reckless driving. The original problem was someone stating that the law was unconstitutional as far as the wheelie law and they were violating our 8th amendment right. Which was idiotic, as well as stating that law enforcement officers are communist. WOW. But in your particular situation just thank god that didn’t happen. Not a excuse for stupid people but hey we cant kill all the stupid people the world would be boring.

Old 01-28-2010, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Damn that's the wisest thing I've read on a forum all day. You should make that your sig!

Cop or pre-law?
Neither. I just try not to be stupid. Sometimes I succeed.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by bubba_finch07
Here is the Florida Statute. It is not a reckless driving ticket ALTHOUGH that could be thrown in! It is a wheelie ticket! It you read further down it states BOTH WHEELS MUST REMAIN ON THE ROADS SURFACE AT ALL TIMES! Florida has a no tolerance with motorcycles and wheelies as well as excessive speed. Ect. They also have a no tolerance for drinking would you like Florida to amend that as well? This law was put into place because it is a common sense hazard to everyone on the road and should not be accepted. I say again as I said before DRIVING IS A PRIVLEDGE! NOT A RIGHT! Furthermore to dare say a LEO is in “a Soviet mindset” IS CRAZYNESS how dare you even state that! BTW LEO only enforce the law they don’t make it. Contact you senator or rep of house to change the laws. I see that as TOTAL disrespect! Someone who puts their life on the line for you safety and you DARE say they act in a soviet mindset. This may be my opinion and mine alone THAT WAS RETARDED!
I never said that he shouldn't have got a ticket or that ticketing him for doing a wheelie was being in a soviet mindset. Re-read playful gods statement. Theoretically, it's like catching someone who stole $5k, and thinking that since he stole $5k, he probably would have stole $10k, and then proceeding to treat him as if he stole $10k. That is where presumptive guilt comes in. Treating him as if he stole $5k is just fine. Call a spade a spade. Don't think that because he did a wheelie on an empty back road that he'd probably do it in 5 O'Clock traffic and then treat him as if he had done it in 5 O'Clock traffic. That is the train of thought I referred to as being of a Soviet mindset because that is how they charged people and sentenced them to 20 years in a gulag for stealing bread. If they'd steal bread they'd steal a car, and so on. I never said LEO's were communist, you're twisting my words. My problem is with the state legislature overstepping it's boundaries as defined by the 8th and 14th amendments, and with playfulgod's theoretical LEO thought process, not the thought process of the officer who wrote the OP the ticket.

Originally Posted by blakjak
If you're dense enough to defend someones right to be stupid then you should be prepared to be judged right along with them.
I never defended anyones right to be stupid. Again, you're twisting my words. I defended our right to not be excessively fined, and then went on about every government that's ever existed's grab for more and more power by gradually taking control over more and more of it's peoples daily lives. That is what governments do, because some control is necessary to preserve law and order, but unchecked, government becomes so big that the people cannot support it and it crumbles (i.e. Rome, USSR) http://www.cato.org/pubs/journal/cjv14n2-7.html
and from the looks of things that may be where we are headed
http://www2.nationalreview.com/dest/...0fb84e6963.jpg
Governments have always done this. The founding fathers knew that and they created the Bill of Rights with the explicit intent of preventing governments encroachment and intrusion, and it does a pretty damn good job, but injustices do still and will take place, and it's the peoples job to speak out against them, whether they affect you directly or not.

"First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out."

Old 01-28-2010, 09:10 PM

Tbh it sounds like you're pissed the fine isn't lower so it wouldn't hurt your wallet so much to break the law

Old 01-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dsrdr
I never said that he shouldn't have got a ticket or that ticketing him for doing a wheelie was being in a soviet mindset. Re-read playful gods statement. Theoretically, it's like catching someone who stole $5k, and thinking that since he stole $5k, he probably would have stole $10k, and then proceeding to treat him as if he stole $10k. That is where presumptive guilt comes in. Treating him as if he stole $5k is just fine. Call a spade a spade. Don't think that because he did a wheelie on an empty back road that he'd probably do it in 5 O'Clock traffic and then treat him as if he had done it in 5 O'Clock traffic. That is the train of thought I referred to as being of a Soviet mindset because that is how they charged people and sentenced them to 20 years in a gulag for stealing bread. If they'd steal bread they'd steal a car, and so on. I never said LEO's were communist, you're twisting my words. My problem is with the state legislature overstepping it's boundaries as defined by the 8th and 14th amendments, and with playfulgod's theoretical LEO thought process, not the thought process of the officer who wrote the OP the ticket.

I never defended anyones right to be stupid. Again, you're twisting my words. I defended our right to not be excessively fined, and then went on about every government that's ever existed's grab for more and more power by gradually taking control over more and more of it's peoples daily lives. That is what governments do, because some control is necessary to preserve law and order, but unchecked, government becomes so big that the people cannot support it and it crumbles (i.e. Rome, USSR) http://www.cato.org/pubs/journal/cjv14n2-7.html
and from the looks of things that may be where we are headed
http://www2.nationalreview.com/dest/...0fb84e6963.jpg
Governments have always done this. The founding fathers knew that and they created the Bill of Rights with the explicit intent of preventing governments encroachment and intrusion, and it does a pretty damn good job, but injustices do still and will take place, and it's the peoples job to speak out against them, whether they affect you directly or not.

"First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;
Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;
Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out."
no its not, and no that not what my comment is or meant.

Its real simple, you get caught doing something the LEO have every right to suspect you'll do it again until you youself prove you have wised up. You need to stop twisting ppls word to fit your warped outlook n liftwing freedom fighter views. Want to fight for freedom?? that easy enlist. other than that stfu!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 06:00 AM

lol IDK how you get that I'm left wing

What pisses me off is the government circumventing the constitution to gain more power and control than what they are truly due. I actually wish they would have left the prison time and seizure of the bike in the bill, as it more clearly exemplified their intent to be malicious, heavy handed and excessive in their punishment.

btw, "Zero Tolerance" is a term for what amounts to the legislative branch gaining power and control over the judicial branch (which are supposed to share a BALANCE of power) and doing their job for them by sentencing the defendant themselves through even MORE legislation. Tying the judges hands. Resulting in an IMBALANCE of power which the constitution intended to prevent.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:24 AM

if rules carried no consequence, we would have a lawless society. certain fines a little steep ,yes, but you do know when yer breakin the law, so its a decision you make in advance and are in a way accepting the punishment if you get busted. breakin the government down so we can pay less of a fine when we ***** up is not a smart move, case in point- if we cut off the hand of a theif , very little would be stolen....

Old 01-29-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by dsrdr
lol IDK how you get that I'm left wing

What pisses me off is the government circumventing the constitution to gain more power and control than what they are truly due. I actually wish they would have left the prison time and seizure of the bike in the bill, as it more clearly exemplified their intent to be malicious, heavy handed and excessive in their punishment.

btw, "Zero Tolerance" is a term for what amounts to the legislative branch gaining power and control over the judicial branch (which are supposed to share a BALANCE of power) and doing their job for them by sentencing the defendant themselves through even MORE legislation. Tying the judges hands. Resulting in an IMBALANCE of power which the constitution intended to prevent.
It is your opinion that the punishment doesn't fit the crime. Apparently while many bikers may agree, the majority of the public doesn't since the fine is still there.

System works. 3 choices left:
  1. Change the opinon of the majority
  2. Move
  3. Shut up

Dude, nobody is holding a gun to your head making you wheelie.

Quick Reply: Wheelie Ticket! =D!