Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Had my first run in with the law pullin 2 wheelies!

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007 | 12:09 AM
Default RE: Had my first run in with the law pullin 2 wheelies!

This is a little off topic but I'm moving to Ga in a month and someone told me they just got rid of the helmet laws? anyone wanna shed some light?

Old 03-08-2007 | 11:08 AM

I got hooked for standing it up in front of the court house in oklahoma city. I looked behind me and there were 5 fu**in cop cars. the first one pulled me over and got out and walked up to me and was cool because( I pulled over immediatly, I mean he didnt even have his lights on I just knew it was going down, they like that) anyway he came up to me and gave me the whole "you know why I pulled you over" routine and then said "well if one of my buddies had pulled you over you would be going to jail but I have a bike just like this (01 gixxer6) and I just want to know how you did it" that was cool as hell. I got lucky

Old 03-08-2007 | 12:47 PM
Registered Users

to answer that horribly off topic question, no the helmet law's have not been stricken from the records' their still in effect now back to wheelie's and cops....

Old 03-14-2007 | 01:52 PM

i got pulled over for the same thing .. when the cop got close to me i as if i could negociate something with them .. he thauth that was funny .. so right there and then i knew i had a chance ..I told him i didnt know that what i wasdoing was illegal so i told him that i was new at this only had my bike for a month or so .. then "here is the best part" i said that i accidently pulled on my clutch while holding the throttle which cause the front end to go up .. and all i did was try to keep my balance and not kill myself .. he's like .. "yeah right" so he goes in his car .. comes back out and tells me to be carefull next time .. true story ... gotta love canadian cops

Ride hard or Not at all

Old 03-14-2007 | 02:01 PM

that is awesome!!!! gotta love the "i didn't know" routine. some cops are cool about it, others think that they are swat on a drug bust.

either way i am not going to stop!

good job brother.

Old 03-21-2007 | 12:58 AM

awsome storys guys!

Old 03-21-2007 | 05:42 PM
Ski

I got stoped for wheeling once too. I got off easy though, the cop liked bikes too and just gave me a speech on how dangerous it is. It's true its up to them what to charge you with, it always is.

My and my buddy go out riding late at night to practice. Under teh cover of darkness and nearly no traffic giving u more room to manuever its less likely to get stopped i think. Plus it looks sick when the headlight hits the tips of the trees that are on both sides of the road

Old 03-21-2007 | 06:03 PM

ORIGINAL: seldon929rr

I got hooked for standing it up in front of the court house in oklahoma city. I looked behind me and there were 5 fu**in cop cars. the first one pulled me over and got out and walked up to me and was cool because( I pulled over immediatly, I mean he didnt even have his lights on I just knew it was going down, they like that) anyway he came up to me and gave me the whole "you know why I pulled you over" routine and then said "well if one of my buddies had pulled you over you would be going to jail but I have a bike just like this (01 gixxer6) and I just want to know how you did it" that was cool as hell. I got lucky
You live in OKlahoma. if so Where?

Old 03-21-2007 | 06:53 PM

it looks cool too in the nighttime fog! not too heavy but a little. you can see the beam of light go straight up! great reply bout the trees.

Old 04-02-2007 | 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: tremblemcp

You might want to stick with " i didn't know it would land me in handcuffs" stupidity helps.

If you try to quote another police officer, it just might urk them enough to take you in. This is what sucks, there are no laws against wheelies. NONE! but there are careless driving, and reckless driving that the police canuse at THEIR disposal. So when you are out there doing wheelies, it is totally up to the cops mood. so if the cop didn't get "any" the night before, you are going to jail. Do you really want to put your freedom in the hands of a cops mood. I don't. I will now find back roads and secluded areas to practice!
there are laws against wheelies, i've got it. "operating a motorcycle on one wheel" but i got it reduced to improper tread depth. i'll take non-moving violations all day long.....

Quick Reply: Had my first run in with the law pullin 2 wheelies!