Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

Had my first run in with the law pullin 2 wheelies!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007 | 06:34 PM
Registered Users
Default RE: Had my first run in with the law pullin 2 wheelies!

Yea it did, i thought i had scoped the area befor i cracked it up....damn sneaky ****'s[:@]

Old 03-05-2007 | 06:41 PM

A cop will never understand unless they have a bike too! I actually had a sheriff tell me that if you can get the front tire off the ground, balance 350 pds on one wheel, bring it back down and not fall, YOU ARE SHOWING EXTREME HANDLING OF THAT BIKE!!

i think this is true. only because of the hours i put in just to learn the wheelies. I had to learn to bring it up and back down ( called those bunny hops) then i learned somewhat throttle control ( called those rainbows it would only roll about 50 to 100feet then back down) then i learned to bring it up to balance point and ride out first gear. all the study and preperation i did, i think i am in control. Now, can **** go bad, UUUHHH YEAHH. but people who can wheelie i think can handle a situation better due to all the training and practice.

Old 03-05-2007 | 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: tremblemcp

I actually had a sheriff tell me that if you can get the front tire off the ground, balance 350 pds on one wheel, bring it back down and not fall, YOU ARE SHOWING EXTREME HANDLING OF THAT BIKE!!
I have not learned how to wheelie my CBR since i have only had it for about a month, but when i finally do learn how to control the bike on one wheel. I will attempt touse this as a excuse to avoid getting that reckless driving ticket.

Old 03-06-2007 | 01:57 AM

ORIGINAL: CoreyAkaOpie

I actually had a sheriff tell me that if you can get the front tire off the ground, balance 350 pds on one wheel, bring it back down and not fall, YOU ARE SHOWING EXTREME HANDLING OF THAT BIKE!!
I have not learned how to wheelie my CBR since i have only had it for about a month, but when i finally do learn how to control the bike on one wheel. I will attempt touse this as a excuse to avoid getting that reckless driving ticket.
lol then they might give you a ticket for accessive show of speed or something like that

Old 03-06-2007 | 11:39 AM

You might want to stick with " i didn't know it would land me in handcuffs" stupidity helps.

If you try to quote another police officer, it just might urk them enough to take you in. This is what sucks, there are no laws against wheelies. NONE! but there are careless driving, and reckless driving that the police canuse at THEIR disposal. So when you are out there doing wheelies, it is totally up to the cops mood. so if the cop didn't get "any" the night before, you are going to jail. Do you really want to put your freedom in the hands of a cops mood. I don't. I will now find back roads and secluded areas to practice!

Old 03-06-2007 | 03:28 PM
Registered Users

but there are careless driving, and reckless driving that the police canuse at THEIR disposal.
that's pretty messed up, when i got a wreckless driving, he made me go to the court date and then dropped it down to too fast for conditions

Old 03-06-2007 | 03:37 PM

I think if there was a state law here inFL about wheelies and you can only get a small ticket depending on circumstances, not so many bikers would run.

Now if the person is doing wheelies in a neiborhood with children playing. ok go with reckless driving. you are not showing any regard for life or property.

but if your going down a desserted street hittin wheeliez, then give what is appropriate for that infraction. Today to much of what we do depends on another human beings mood or personality. Horrible

Old 03-06-2007 | 03:59 PM

I've found that the southern state troopers are more strict about stunting in public, or even speeding for that matter. Probably because they're more used to seeing bikes year round.

In New England, the coast especially, the cops I've encountered never seem to care about motorcycles. I can't count how many times I've wheelied right by troopers and nothing has happened. I was talking to a New York State trooper (the hardasses of the Northeast) and he said that they're discouraged to pursue any violation by a motorcycle, especially sport bikes, other than routine traffic stops, like running a stop sign, etc. etc, unless it is absolutely necessary. His explanation to this was "Sport bikes are more likely to run, so we tend to let some of their bull**** slide".

So, I decided to take a trip to Pennsylvania, figuring I could pull the same stuff. Lets just say that guns were drawn, handcuffs wereput on andI owe the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania 300 dollars.

Old 03-06-2007 | 11:36 PM

in ga were i live you have to be breaking 2 or more laws for it to be reckless driving you just cant get a ticket for riding a whellie but alot of people dont that and they wont fight it, it helps to know the laws though

Old 03-07-2007 | 12:11 PM
Registered Users

ORIGINAL: mikey1297

in ga were i live you have to be breaking 2 or more laws for it to be reckless driving you just cant get a ticket for riding a whellie but alot of people dont that and they wont fight it, it helps to know the laws though
is this a statewide law or...? where can i find out about other such law's? i too live in georgia this is goods to know

Quick Reply: Had my first run in with the law pullin 2 wheelies!