Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

2nd gear stand ups

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2nd gear stand ups

ORIGINAL: Black

I would think that would give you more consistancy and more control, but it's gotta be HELL on your tranny. I'm trying to do the least painful wheelie for my tranny. That's why I stuck to just the power wheelie in first, but I gotta get somethin down for the highway. Girls keep doin the "lift up the arm" thing on the highway, but I can't do a 60mph wheelie, so it makes me feel small inside.
Nope my clutch is still going strong with no signs of wear after alot of clutch ups. Even if the clutch goes out its only $120 for a stock one. Power wheelies are dangerous man im just trying to warn you. Cover the rear brake and start clutching them up dont be scared

Old 06-12-2006, 11:49 PM

im still doin first gear sit downs but i'm eager as hell to start clutching it. However, considering its my first bike and i just got it a month ago, i figure i'll take it slow before i end up hurting my bike or myself. From what i've seen and read it seems everyone has their own preference of how to get to the BP, i guess whatever is comfortable works but i'm sure some ways are easier than others if done correctly.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:04 AM

yup, you dont wanna try to learn to fast, thats how you get hurt...

alot of people underestimate these bikes....they can take a beating, you dont have to baby them all the time....

Old 06-14-2006, 11:26 PM

Just wanted to chime in and say that I finally got the ***** to start doing stand-ups, I don't know why it took me so long but I'm lovin it LOL. I can ride them in 2nd gear alot longer than my sit-downs. I bounce it up instead of clutching it. Just blip the throttle and pull back, I usually start at about 40-50mph and pull it up without any problems, no clutch. I do have one question, if your doing long wheelies is there anything that should be done to the bike? Someone told me that I should add an extra quart of oil, but thats doesn't sound like it would be a good idea. I don't just stunt, I ride alot of miles and do alot of wheelies here and there. Let me know. Thanks for the advice guys, but I think the best advice for someone that wants to try standups is just get off the damn computer and go do it LOL. Just take it slow and practice. I have been trying standups for about a month and I just got it down about 2 days ago, so take your time.

-Jesse-

Old 06-15-2006, 11:07 AM

i run mine a quart over and thats what I've heard alot of others do....or if you really get into doing bar tricks then you're gonna need the stuntex oil pickup...

Old 06-15-2006, 06:40 PM

So I started the other night, trying it out. It felt sooooooo much smoother commin up and down, but I could only pull it about seven inches or so, then it fall back down. I guess I need to let the clutch out faster or rev up higher. more tries this weekend after the carshow.

Old 06-15-2006, 07:26 PM

it all comes down to just gettin a little higher each time till you finally get it where you want it...

Old 06-15-2006, 08:40 PM

ORIGINAL: Turnin20s

Just wanted to chime in and say that I finally got the ***** to start doing stand-ups, I don't know why it took me so long but I'm lovin it LOL. I can ride them in 2nd gear alot longer than my sit-downs. I bounce it up instead of clutching it. Just blip the throttle and pull back, I usually start at about 40-50mph and pull it up without any problems, no clutch. I do have one question, if your doing long wheelies is there anything that should be done to the bike? Someone told me that I should add an extra quart of oil, but thats doesn't sound like it would be a good idea. I don't just stunt, I ride alot of miles and do alot of wheelies here and there. Let me know. Thanks for the advice guys, but I think the best advice for someone that wants to try standups is just get off the damn computer and go do it LOL. Just take it slow and practice. I have been trying standups for about a month and I just got it down about 2 days ago, so take your time.

-Jesse-
ok when you ride long wheelies xtra oil is a good idea. but by long they mean minutes at a time at least a mile or slow **** in a lot . so unless your there dont even worry about it

Old 06-15-2006, 09:25 PM

2 - Questions:
1) What is a power Wheelie? Is that a throttle wheelie only, like I do with my dirt bikes?
2) Do you have to be at the balance point to ride any type of long wheelie? The BP scares the hell out of me. A guy died in here in Reno 2 days ago practicing wheelies.
G

Old 06-15-2006, 11:26 PM

ORIGINAL: AchillesGone

2 - Questions:
1) What is a power Wheelie? Is that a throttle wheelie only, like I do with my dirt bikes?
2) Do you have to be at the balance point to ride any type of long wheelie? The BP scares the hell out of me. A guy died in here in Reno 2 days ago practicing wheelies.
G
1) it a wheelie held up by continued acceleration, hense more power it keep it in the air
2)yes pulling back on the bars(and leaning your body back if stanp-ups) will help you get to the bp after we're already up then decrease the throttle and she'll sit perfect
i've been meaning to get some on film to help this thread out, maybe this weekend we'll see

Quick Reply: 2nd gear stand ups