Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

10 year motorcycle ban for wheeling in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 10 year motorcycle ban for wheeling in Miami

ORIGINAL: tm13_

which is worse....DUI or doing a wheelie? Seriously we've all seen the pictures and commericals of what happens when ppl get kill or injured in a DUI accident. Never seen any of ppl doing wheelies on a motorcycle or going over the speed limit. Yes it does happen but which is a bigger problem? Oviously DUI's but **** they don't get their license taken away for 10 years. They seriously need a reality check cuz ive know several ppl get off with a slap on the hand for driving drunk. That to me is ridiculous....and they are making stricter laws for ppl on motorcycles, WTF. Make stricter laws on ppl who endanger more than just their lives!!
I never even thought of that...yeah thats rediculous that it would make stunting stricter than DUI...

Old 03-28-2008, 05:09 PM

I understand completly that these people want to save lives but what there going to do is cause people to stop caring about laws. No one is going to pay attention to this regardless of how smart it might be, pretty soon people are going to be doing whatever they feel like on the roads because everyone will just be running. Maybe if the legislators knew what it was like to be on a bike they would back off. Stunters are for the most part a danger to themselves more than others, and when was the last time someone was stupid enough to get on a bike drunk, its just crazy. they need to be cracking down on something serious like DUI instead of harrasing us. I havent started stuntin yet but i want to, i hope this dosnt spread to texas or im gonna have to practice my high speed evasion.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:51 PM

Ok well to clear this up a bit im a south florida resident and the proposed bill got shut down immediately. Obviously it made no sense at all to just target motorcycles.

This bill has not passed yet. It isn't even out of committee; this bill is getting the run-around in House, and nothing really is happening in the Senate as well. It would be best if you people who continue to complain about your government take the time out of your day to write a letter to your representatives and express your concerns on the issue of similar identity and over anxious law enforcement that is pressured by public policy to find people in society performing these speeds.

I wrote a letter to the house of represesntatives and this is what i got back:

It has not become a law but simply passed one Committee in the House of Representatives. I would also like to bring to your attention that HB 137 has been amended from its original version. I would suggest reading the copyof the new amendment and I am sure you will find the bill to be more agreeable. This amendment addresses many of the concerns that were brought up when the bill was heard last. I feel that the poor actions of a few riders should not punish all riders. Subsequently, the speeding focus of the bill will be increased to anyone that is speeding 50 mph or greater over the posted speed limit. This applies to both motorcycles and all other motor vehicles. The bill will also be amended to include staggered penalties for first, second and third time offenders. First time offenders will face a $1,000 fine. On the second offense a rider will face $2,500 fine and a one year license suspension. A third time offender will lose their license for 10 years and have to forfeit their vehicle. Additionally language has now been incorporated into the bill that will account for “wheelies†that are beyond the rider’s control.

Old 03-30-2008, 10:54 PM

ORIGINAL: 20HNDAF4i02

Ok well to clear this up a bit im a south florida resident and the proposed bill got shut down immediately. Obviously it made no sense at all to just target motorcycles.

This bill has not passed yet. It isn't even out of committee; this bill is getting the run-around in House, and nothing really is happening in the Senate as well. It would be best if you people who continue to complain about your government take the time out of your day to write a letter to your representatives and express your concerns on the issue of similar identity and over anxious law enforcement that is pressured by public policy to find people in society performing these speeds.

I wrote a letter to the house of represesntatives and this is what i got back:

It has not become a law but simply passed one Committee in the House of Representatives. I would also like to bring to your attention that HB 137 has been amended from its original version. I would suggest reading the copyof the new amendment and I am sure you will find the bill to be more agreeable. This amendment addresses many of the concerns that were brought up when the bill was heard last. I feel that the poor actions of a few riders should not punish all riders. Subsequently, the speeding focus of the bill will be increased to anyone that is speeding 50 mph or greater over the posted speed limit. This applies to both motorcycles and all other motor vehicles. The bill will also be amended to include staggered penalties for first, second and third time offenders. First time offenders will face a $1,000 fine. On the second offense a rider will face $2,500 fine and a one year license suspension. A third time offender will lose their license for 10 years and have to forfeit their vehicle. Additionally language has now been incorporated into the bill that will account for “wheelies†that are beyond the rider’s control.

That is an interesting and acceptable alternative.

Old 03-30-2008, 11:47 PM

I thought so too, if your dumb enought to get caught going 50 over three times you should lose your vehicle and not be allowed to drive. Obviously your a dumb ***.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:59 AM

This is why society is so unintelligent to be blunt. You have people that want to wheelie at 120mph and die, let them. You have to put warnings on hairdryers telling people not to use them in the bathtub, if they are stupid enough let them. The idiots are too over protected.
Just let natural selection run its course, folks. PLEASE!

Old 04-30-2008, 08:56 PM

hey guys, well things like this will always keep going and going. here in jacksonville north carolina the city cops just got 13 new busa'a to control what......motorcycles. Here they are serious about bikes and we never hear the end of it. the funny thing is i am from cali and there speed laws are nothing comparded to here. when i was 16 i did 50 in a 25 what did i get not a thing all i had to do trafic school and that was it. now about a month ago i got hit for 84 in a 55, my throttle got stuck, i got proof from a dealership stating i had a bent handle bar and a broken throttle sleeve that caused it and all that happened was my trial was extened to sometime in june ( i have to talk to my atterney for detals ) so i don't know what is going to happen. the hard fact is we are going to keep on being herased more and more because they hope that it will get to the point were you can't start up your bike without brakeing a law or two. maybe some day it will get better but untill then i am just going to try to stay under the radar as much as i can. just like some people have said save it for the track. just my 2 cents. ride safe.