Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

10 year motorcycle ban for wheeling in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 10 year motorcycle ban for wheeling in Miami

That is if this law did pass. I am sure VA would piggyback it..just my opinion

Old 01-29-2008, 03:57 PM

Ok, i usually never post on these types of threads because the people who air on the side of safety get flamed...But this bill(albeit overkill) will actually help save lives, and yes it does suck that motorcyclist are getting the shaft and cars aren't cracked down on as hard. My only biggest gripe with everyone who is against it, is that yes im sure most of us at times feel the need to pull the front wheel up or get into the throttle, but(speaking for myself atleast) I know what consequenses may await me for whatever illegal thing i do. So if i decide to go 120 down a interstate where the speed limit is 75 and i get pulled over. of course I will get pissed, but I knew that was the risk before I decided to speed. And if it werent for the irresponsible people doing wheelies while splitting lanes and whatnot, I wouldnt get in half as much trouble I bet.

and another thing, people who are too immature to have self control are causing this to happen. Feel free to flame me, those of us mature enough to respect the laws are mature enough to handle some one crying because we dont agree with them.

Old 01-29-2008, 04:33 PM

There is a law against cruel and unusual punishment.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:52 PM

this is crazy, i forsee alot of folks running from cops, some getting busted and then when they get out of jailjust gettting anotherbike and ridingwithout a license....[>:]

Old 01-30-2008, 11:07 AM

Didn't bother to read all 3 pages of the thread but got the general jist of it all...parts of it make sense others don't...

We had similar laws just put through up here (Ontario) and the big one was if you are caught doing 50 km/h over the limit they can sieze your vehicle (bike or car!) right there without any hearing etc. Plus if convicted you will lose your license for a year. Not to mention that even when you do get it back you won't be able to afford insurance!

Old 01-30-2008, 12:19 PM

Sometimes you just don't realize that you are going that fast on a motorcycle. Most people on a sportbike will break the speed laws every day. If this law ever passed in the DMV the cops better abandon the harleys and get Busa's like those cops in TX, cuz those boys are running!!! So in the long run it's gonna do more harm than good.

I understand safety and am all for it, but I don't mind when I see someone take a stretch of "open" road and blaze it. Most of us like the freedom and the speed of a sportsbike that's why we have them. If we just wanted to cruise all day then we would just have gotton Harleys.

No lie I was doing the about 45 on a stretch of road one time for about a good 10 miles and nearly fell asleep. I had about 75 miles to go. Damn was I bored. I eventually got pulled by the cops cuz he said he flew by himdoing 50 in a 35 . I was nearly sleep and I didn't see him.Told him I just got back from Iraq and that myfiance was pregnant with my Sargents baby and that's whyI didn't notice him(I made that part up). he acted like he was sorry for me, patted me on the back, told me it would be allrightand wrote me a ticket anyway. Bam instant 3 points!! Insurance sky high...Now most people I know if you tell them the next time they get pulled they may do jail time and not be able to ride till their child is in middle school are going tosay F** that and hit it!!

I digress... Itsway too harsh...He really don't think this will pass, he must have something else he wants to pus thru

Old 02-20-2008, 08:10 AM

**** THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-20-2008, 12:57 PM
Banned

Well while we're at it we might as well ban European exotics... right?

I'm sorry, I bought a sportbike because I like to go fast. If someone wants to sit there and tell me it's easy to avoid I would agree...

IF I WERE ON A HARLEY. Retarded and another perfect example of citizens giving up yet more rights for the, "comfort" of being safe.

Patriot Act anyone?

Old 02-25-2008, 08:15 PM

which is worse....DUI or doing a wheelie? Seriously we've all seen the pictures and commericals of what happens when ppl get kill or injured in a DUI accident. Never seen any of ppl doing wheelies on a motorcycle or going over the speed limit. Yes it does happen but which is a bigger problem? Oviously DUI's but **** they don't get their license taken away for 10 years. They seriously need a reality check cuz ive know several ppl get off with a slap on the hand for driving drunk. That to me is ridiculous....and they are making stricter laws for ppl on motorcycles, WTF. Make stricter laws on ppl who endanger more than just their lives!!

Old 03-03-2008, 07:52 PM
stx

ya know, I felt kinda of guildy spending a good chunk of change getting ready for the track, but this thread has totally justified it.....I see both sides of the story (I'm a libra, what can I say), hell if your going to break the law your taking a risk (end of story), now does the punishment fit the crime, hmmmmmm I would say no.......I plan on taking it to the track, thank God for new jersey motor park (new this year) and pocono raceway!.....honestly I'm looking at a cruiser for the street, because as you guys pointed out its so easy to go fast onsport bikes......breaking the law, breaking the law, ehh ehhh.......

Quick Reply: 10 year motorcycle ban for wheeling in Miami