Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

10 year motorcycle ban for wheeling in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 05:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 10 year motorcycle ban for wheeling in Miami

ok...well for everyone saying that this is a good law and all that...don't you think this will make ANY sportbike rider who is speeding run from the cops if they try to pull him over? Don't you think the rider will be scared that because they were going 85 on a 55mph highway that they'll get arrested, get their bike taken away, and loose their license for 10 yrs that they will logically see running as their best option?

Also, how can you justify saying this law is fine when a car going the SAME speed (forget about stunting for a min...b/c the law is also for "excessive speeding") has none of these harsh penelties? A 4,000 pound car do a lot more damage to others than a 300 pound bike. It is not fair to target motorcycles with harsher punishment for the EXACT SAME OFFENSE.
Also, getting arrested for having a consealed license plate? COMMON NOW...that's just rediculous. Even though the main reason for having a consealed plate is probably so they can run from the cops...THEY HAVE NOT YET DONE IT...you can't be guilty of something you "will probably do". That's like getting pulled over in a red Corvette for speeding while sitting in a parking lot...just because your car looks fast and most Corvettes probably speed.

So everyone who says this law is good...please respond to all the points I listed above...because I simply cannot see the justification...

Old 01-06-2008, 05:03 PM

I will try to reason....My points are in blue...Again, not trying to have people hate me the first month I am on here but I am trying to be logical.

Kris

[quote]ORIGINAL: 2QK4U2C

ok...well for everyone saying that this is a good law and all that...don't you think this will make ANY sportbike rider who is speeding run from the cops if they try to pull him over? First, do I break the law? Yep, I did today. I just finished my class so I get my endorsement tomorrow at 4pm...Went riding today. I took a risk and would face the consequence. For this quote above and below, in Miami, there is NO REASON to go 85 on a public highway when the speed limit is 55. There is Moroso to go to so you can drag...and track days for twisties. Don't you think the rider will be scared that because they were going 85 on a 55mph highway that they'll get arrested, get their bike taken away, and loose their license for 10 yrs that they will logically see running as their best option? A car driver would be arrested as well if they ran. Running from the police serves no purpose. Case in point, my friend blew past a cop in Brevard County, Florida on his R1. The cop gave chase and my friend gunned it. 5 miles down the road, my friend wised up and pulled over. Of course he was arrested, but the judge cut him a break for being smart. Of course this was years ago.

Also, how can you justify saying this law is fine when a car going the SAME speed (forget about stunting for a min...b/c the law is also for "excessive speeding") has none of these harsh penelties? A 4,000 pound car do a lot more damage to others than a 300 pound bike. It is not fair to target motorcycles with harsher punishment for the EXACT SAME OFFENSE. It isn't that they are targeting it may seem like it, but I would rather get nabbed for doing something retarded and live to bitch about it here on this forum, rather than do something stupid and die. It is that yes, a 4K pound car can do more damage, and has done more damage to motorcyclists who weren't doing the right thing. Of course car drivers are at fault too, but this is about stunting, and your survival rate on a busy Miami highway is low if you are doing that. And yes, depending upon the cops discretion, if you are in a "display of speed" or "speed contest" in your vehicle, you will spend a night or two in the pokey.

Also, getting arrested for having a consealed license plate? COMMON NOW...that's just rediculous. Even though the main reason for having a consealed plate is probably so they can run from the cops...THEY HAVE NOT YET DONE IT...you can't be guilty of something you "will probably do". That's like getting pulled over in a red Corvette for speeding while sitting in a parking lot...just because your car looks fast and most Corvettes probably speed. That's not even an arguement. If your license plate is concealed, that's illegal. Same reason cars get pulled for having the tinted license plate frame. And yes, you can be guilty of something "you will probably do". If you were stopped in a car and had a large amount of illegal drugs in your car, more than for personal use, the cop can arrest you for "intent to distribute". Even if 5kg's of weed is all for you, he has probable cause to arrest for your intent with that much.

[color=#0033ff]Again, I hate to say it....A LOT OF YOUNG riders have made this happen. Come to Miami to a Hooters or Fuddruckers on a Thursday night. Most are nice folks to be around and show off their bikes in the parking lot. However, a few bad seeds go and do retarded stuff RIGHT IN FRONT OF COPS. If you are that clueless, then you deserve what you get.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:50 PM

F*ck that guy and F*ck his bill.....thats all i got to say.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:52 AM

is this a FL wide bill? sounds like it, which sucks. yes, stunting on a busy freeway is dangerous and can get other people hurt, but from the sounds of it, this law isnt just for freeways or just for miami.

to those who are saying this is a good law, think about what they are going to charge people with, 10 years, take your bike away, and jail time.

someone could be drunk, smoking weed while doing 120 in a car and get off for less.

I could see looseing your licence for mabey a year. but 10?

and looseing your bike, i dont know about the rest of you, but bike bike is the most valuble thing i own, yes i could live with out it, but thats essentially slaping a $6000 fine on someone.. and what about the people with finaced bikes, they will be stuck with bike payment for a bike that is not theirs, and they will probably loose there job so they couldnt even make the payments. I know if i went to jail, even if for thirty days, i wouldnt have a job when i got out.

law makers always want to be firm. but what they are doing is irresponcible themselves, because what they are going to get is almost every one running, people dieing because of it, and the ones that get caught are going to be turned into criminals.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

harsh? yes. overkill? yes. But then again wheelies dont belong on public roads. None of us need to be doing 30over the limit. And running gets people killed. So dont like it, dont do it. Its that simple.
Then take that fine money and build some tracks.

See, every time some overzealous idiot passes yet another law, they never offer an alternative.

I live within driving distance of 4-5 tracks.

Other. people, other states, have nothing.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:53 PM

but yet the boarders are wide open

Old 01-24-2008, 10:21 AM

It is amazing to me the energy that morons put into fighting or bitching about something that is meant to save lives. First helmet laws and now this. Here's a tip. Don't break the law. It doesn't belong on public roads. I am all for you being able to stunt, although I have no interest in it, but do it in a controlled environment and not on public roads. I, like many of you, have a wife and kid on the roads. I don't want her to be the one who changes a lane and gets smakced in the rear by a bike going over 100 mph and couldn't tell. I also don't want some dumbass bike acting like an *** and stunting when he loses control and slams into the side of my wifes car.
As far as speeding? I have no problem keeping my speed within a reasonable limit. IT'S CALLED SELF CONTROL.

Old 01-25-2008, 10:30 PM

Whatever! Those of you that say "You shouldn't be doing any of that anyways" need to think awful hard. At some point in time you unleashed a little! Whether it's a quick wheelie or a sudden pull of the throttle to send you into hyperspeed. Going thirty over on a motorcycle is too easy no matter what the posted limit is. 55 ona streetbike is like walking on some roads. Now imagine if you will at that said point in time when you let go of your inhibitions and turned loose even if for briefly you saw blue lights. Dang there goes my license for 10 years! You tell the officer "but I usually obey the laws" who cares! This law targets everyone. I don't care what you say; you speed occasionally. The rules should be fair across the board. If your in a car and thirty over REVOKED 10 YEARS, burnout 10 YEARS!

Old 01-25-2008, 10:48 PM

Seriously guys, I love a good wheelie and all but, there is a reason why you (not everyone) get called a squid. It's one thing if you find a safe place to do it, but if you lane split a wheelie in the middle of rush hour, then you deserve to loose your license. Not to mention that you're the reason why they are trying to crack down in the first place.

Go ahead, you can flame me now.

Old 01-29-2008, 02:24 PM

All
I can say is don't let this pass. I am moving back to the DMV and Virginia lawmakers are really ********, This will give the state troopers too much power and they will be "head" hunting

Quick Reply: 10 year motorcycle ban for wheeling in Miami