Stunters Corner For all those stunters out there.. share your knowledge, talk about it. Those that do not like stunting, please stay away. Please read disclaimer!

10 year motorcycle ban for wheeling in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:18 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 10 year motorcycle ban for wheeling in Miami

^ i agree but id really hate to see cops and law makers abuse this law the same way things happened with "street racers" in fixed up hondas and acuras. even if your car looked like it belongd in "fast and the furious" you go tpulled over and labeled as a street racer. i can easily imagine the same things happening with motorcycles. cops pullin gover everyone who has a exhaust and flush mounts, especially anyone who is lowered and stretched... hopefully things wont turn out this way

Old 12-07-2007, 01:26 PM

ORIGINAL: JonBrown

and orlando just passed a law saying that there is a no pursuit policy meaning if u run they will not follow you if ur on a bike
awesome...you gotta link to that? do a lot of places have this? anyone know about Maryland (Montomery County)?

Old 12-08-2007, 10:54 AM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

harsh? yes. overkill? yes. But then again wheelies dont belong on public roads. None of us need to be doing 30over the limit. And running gets people killed. So dont like it, dont do it. Its that simple.
exactly.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:16 PM

Heres a video w/ that faggotass tool talking about the law.... http://video.nbc6.net/player/?id=188989

Old 12-11-2007, 10:35 PM

ORIGINAL: 2QK4U2C

Heres a video w/ that faggotass tool talking about the law.... http://video.nbc6.net/player/?id=188989

Do you not see what those guys are doing? They are breaking the law and putting others at risk. You do the crime and you will do the time. There are business owners who are very willing to let stunters use their parking lots if you ask for permission. Why not do it there?

Don't do it on public roads. Plain and simple. Obviously, you're going to get screwed in FL now.

These sorts of fines/punishments are going to increase across the country as cities deal with budget deficits. I believe Virginia has started the $1300 ticket for certain speeds and it's only a matter of time until other states follow.

It's easy to avoid.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:44 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Or at least take it to the country, although for some that may mean a little ride. Around here allthe City and County cops have as much as told me, that as long as i head out to the back roads i wont get harrassed, and thats where you will find me.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:24 PM

OOuch....
10 years..
impound..
...well..its too harsh...i can see like you know a ticket...ad that it..

Old 12-29-2007, 10:52 AM

Those guys were a bunch of squids. I'd be scared too.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:07 PM

Even though I am a newb here, in high school and after, a lot of my friends were stunters. Back in the day of Miami Zoo Crew when they started out. I was about 3 hours north though. I have to say, the logical solution is to not stunt on 826 or the Rickenbacher. Just my $.02. If you read recently, a guy was doing a wheelie UP the Rickenbacher Causeway bridge, hit the rail and his leg was ripped out.

I have seen my friends get jacked up stunting and one die. I hate when I am driving down I-75 and a herd of sportbikes pass me going at least 120 when I have my 3 kids in the car. Because if one of those guys go down in front of me, I may not have the time to stop. So now I run someone over, my kids see a dead man...etc.

As for 30 over, many places are can cite you for street racing in a car if looks like a "speed contest". Of course that is entirely up to the cop, then the judge. and yes, in Miami, your car is gone if you are arrested for street racing, and you are in the clink, and your license is gone. In some place in Cali, they take your car, AND THEN CRUSH IT IN FRONT OF YOU!

I hate to sound like a tightass, but when I see a guy on a sport bike hauling *** on the shoulder in traffic or splitting lanes, or even doing wheelies, I feel bad, because then people look at me becaues a few people do it on public roads. The old saying, you gotta pay if you wanna play comes in here. If you are that determined to stunt down one of Miami's busiest roads, then you may have to face the judge. You know as well as I do, and be honest, that on 95, 826, 836, 75, the Turnpike, any of the beach accesses, there is NO REASON to stunt there. Okeechobee is perfect and I am sure you won't get hassled.

I honestly don't care what anyone does, I just want to be a mild voice of reason. Good luck in fighting this, but just be glad you can only get those penalties rather than being dead already.

kris

Old 01-05-2008, 07:43 PM

ORIGINAL: kr1s

Even though I am a newb here, in high school and after, a lot of my friends were stunters. Back in the day of Miami Zoo Crew when they started out. I was about 3 hours north though. I have to say, the logical solution is to not stunt on 826 or the Rickenbacher. Just my $.02. If you read recently, a guy was doing a wheelie UP the Rickenbacher Causeway bridge, hit the rail and his leg was ripped out.

I have seen my friends get jacked up stunting and one die. I hate when I am driving down I-75 and a herd of sportbikes pass me going at least 120 when I have my 3 kids in the car. Because if one of those guys go down in front of me, I may not have the time to stop. So now I run someone over, my kids see a dead man...etc.

As for 30 over, many places are can cite you for street racing in a car if looks like a "speed contest". Of course that is entirely up to the cop, then the judge. and yes, in Miami, your car is gone if you are arrested for street racing, and you are in the clink, and your license is gone. In some place in Cali, they take your car, AND THEN CRUSH IT IN FRONT OF YOU!

I hate to sound like a tightass, but when I see a guy on a sport bike hauling *** on the shoulder in traffic or splitting lanes, or even doing wheelies, I feel bad, because then people look at me becaues a few people do it on public roads. The old saying, you gotta pay if you wanna play comes in here. If you are that determined to stunt down one of Miami's busiest roads, then you may have to face the judge. You know as well as I do, and be honest, that on 95, 826, 836, 75, the Turnpike, any of the beach accesses, there is NO REASON to stunt there. Okeechobee is perfect and I am sure you won't get hassled.

I honestly don't care what anyone does, I just want to be a mild voice of reason. Good luck in fighting this, but just be glad you can only get those penalties rather than being dead already.

kris
Nice post.

Quick Reply: 10 year motorcycle ban for wheeling in Miami