Street Skills Information to keep you from rashing your bike or yourself. Safe riding techniques only please.

Riding skills

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Track junkie & modaholic

I've read Keith's books cover to cover many times and I still have a hard time wrapping my head around all of the variables he talks about. I hope that once my finances settle I can go to some schools and improve.

Old 11-03-2013, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by CJardine
I've read Keith's books cover to cover many times and I still have a hard time wrapping my head around all of the variables he talks about. I hope that once my finances settle I can go to some schools and improve.
You will have a blast if you end up at one of the schools one day Also, if you ever have any questions about any of the techniques Keith talks about in his books then feel free to ask. I've been a riding coach with the school for the past 10 years.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:45 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by Misti
You will have a blast if you end up at one of the schools one day Also, if you ever have any questions about any of the techniques Keith talks about in his books then feel free to ask. I've been a riding coach with the school for the past 10 years.

Just a small thing , on one hand Keith says that you can't steer the bike by shifting your weight on the bike and yet there is the "hook turn" technique, doesn't this seem to be a bit of a contradiction? I kind of accept both points but it doesn't really make sense to me how they can both be true.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Minor Miss Steak
Just a small thing , on one hand Keith says that you can't steer the bike by shifting your weight on the bike and yet there is the "hook turn" technique, doesn't this seem to be a bit of a contradiction? I kind of accept both points but it doesn't really make sense to me how they can both be true.
Ahhhhh that is a great question!

So what would happen if you were to come up to a turn and simply try to lower your body over and down on the bike with no input into the handlebars? Would the bike turn into the corner the way that you needed it to?

Old 11-16-2013, 03:19 PM
Red face

Originally Posted by Misti
Ahhhhh that is a great question!

So what would happen if you were to come up to a turn and simply try to lower your body over and down on the bike with no input into the handlebars? Would the bike turn into the corner the way that you needed it to?

I agree that the bike would not turn without input on the "bars" so I guess in essence what Keith is saying is that you cannot initiate a turn by moving your weight on the bike but once the bike is leaning (or in a turn) moving your weight does effect how the bike turns, which does make sense and removes the contradiction, lol.

Old 11-25-2013, 12:47 PM

I agree that the bike would not turn without input on the "bars" so I guess in essence what Keith is saying is that you cannot initiate a turn by moving your weight on the bike but once the bike is leaning (or in a turn) moving your weight does effect how the bike turns, which does make sense and removes the contradiction, lol.

Hehehehehe awesome!

Old 12-16-2021, 08:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Agree with your statement.

Old 12-17-2021, 03:16 AM
Welcome crew
Received 315 Likes on 293 Posts

Hi ayaz, not sure if you realise, but this post was from 2013!

Old 12-18-2021, 07:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi A11040, thanks for the reply, i know that the post was old. just read the information.