CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Street Skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-skills-89/)
-   -   Riding skills (https://cbrforum.com/forum/street-skills-89/riding-skills-149391/)

Minor Miss Steak 09-30-2013 04:46 PM

Riding skills

I have 50 years of various bikes under my belt. These videos still helped me immeasurably

I can't recommend their advice highly enough. :icon_hyper:

CJardine 09-30-2013 05:05 PM

I've read Keith's books cover to cover many times and I still have a hard time wrapping my head around all of the variables he talks about. I hope that once my finances settle I can go to some schools and improve.

Misti 11-03-2013 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by CJardine (Post 1252811)
I've read Keith's books cover to cover many times and I still have a hard time wrapping my head around all of the variables he talks about. I hope that once my finances settle I can go to some schools and improve.

You will have a blast if you end up at one of the schools one day :) Also, if you ever have any questions about any of the techniques Keith talks about in his books then feel free to ask. I've been a riding coach with the school for the past 10 years.

:icon_dance-twist:

Minor Miss Steak 11-09-2013 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by Misti (Post 1256717)
You will have a blast if you end up at one of the schools one day :) Also, if you ever have any questions about any of the techniques Keith talks about in his books then feel free to ask. I've been a riding coach with the school for the past 10 years.

:icon_dance-twist:

Just a small thing , on one hand Keith says that you can't steer the bike by shifting your weight on the bike and yet there is the "hook turn" technique, doesn't this seem to be a bit of a contradiction? I kind of accept both points but it doesn't really make sense to me how they can both be true. :icon_band:

Misti 11-09-2013 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Minor Miss Steak (Post 1257291)
Just a small thing , on one hand Keith says that you can't steer the bike by shifting your weight on the bike and yet there is the "hook turn" technique, doesn't this seem to be a bit of a contradiction? I kind of accept both points but it doesn't really make sense to me how they can both be true. :icon_band:

Ahhhhh that is a great question!

So what would happen if you were to come up to a turn and simply try to lower your body over and down on the bike with no input into the handlebars? Would the bike turn into the corner the way that you needed it to?

Minor Miss Steak 11-16-2013 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Misti (Post 1257339)
Ahhhhh that is a great question!

So what would happen if you were to come up to a turn and simply try to lower your body over and down on the bike with no input into the handlebars? Would the bike turn into the corner the way that you needed it to?

I agree that the bike would not turn without input on the "bars" so I guess in essence what Keith is saying is that you cannot initiate a turn by moving your weight on the bike but once the bike is leaning (or in a turn) moving your weight does effect how the bike turns, which does make sense and removes the contradiction, lol. :icon_eddie: :icon_beerchug:

Misti 11-25-2013 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Minor Miss Steak (Post 1258041)
I agree that the bike would not turn without input on the "bars" so I guess in essence what Keith is saying is that you cannot initiate a turn by moving your weight on the bike but once the bike is leaning (or in a turn) moving your weight does effect how the bike turns, which does make sense and removes the contradiction, lol. :icon_eddie: :icon_beerchug:

Hehehehehe awesome! :icon_toast:

ayaz 12-16-2021 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Minor Miss Steak (Post 1258041)

Agree with your statement. :)

Al1040 12-17-2021 03:16 AM

Hi ayaz, not sure if you realise, but this post was from 2013!

ayaz 12-18-2021 07:48 AM

Hi A11040, thanks for the reply, i know that the post was old. just read the information.