Street Fighters For the unconventional CBR builder.

Boxdgm's F1 fighter build log

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Borowicz_Cbr600f1
What Vapor Model did you go with and how trickey is it to set up im starting my Build List for my F1 and i see alot using the vapor models. Already have the 06 gsxr 750 seats and starting to make a frame to mount,
I used the 75-601 kit which is just the universal kit for bikes with conventional (not usd) forks and water cooled. it was really easy to wire up. wire everything up to the wires going to the stock cluster. i used the stock tach signal wire with a resistor inline to filter out the interference that was making the tach jumpy.

Originally Posted by hillbilly86
Love the look man, I've seen people do rear end swaps but they cut sub frame off and replace it all together, this looks much simpler, cheaper, and in my opinion safer. Fixing to start turning my '96 cbr1000f into a street fighter and this has inspired me to swap the back end for something sportier
Thanks man it was the first time i tried anything like it so i didnt wanna cut anything in case i didnt like how it turned out so i could just put the stock tail parts back on.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:14 PM
Registered Users

alright mate great build im currently doing one myself have you got any pics of how you wired your gauges up please

Old 08-27-2013, 02:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you like that Polisport headlight? I am looking for a new setup to replace the cheap Acerbis one I have on my bike. I really like the look of that one, just want good light output. Would it hold up to HIDs?

Old 08-28-2013, 07:29 AM

I had only thought that I was going to do a little modification to my bike here and there, nothing really too major. Then I come accross your build... Crap.

I now have most of the back end on my ebay watch list and as soon as I can sneak some money passed the wife will probably start checking things off that list. I love what you have done here.

Looking at the link you posted to the other backend swap, it looks like the framing he made to hold the tail end wouldn't hold any weight at all. Did you manage to come up with anything more secure or just along the same lines?

Old 09-02-2013, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by cloudee1
I had only thought that I was going to do a little modification to my bike here and there, nothing really too major. Then I come accross your build... Crap.

I now have most of the back end on my ebay watch list and as soon as I can sneak some money passed the wife will probably start checking things off that list. I love what you have done here.

Looking at the link you posted to the other backend swap, it looks like the framing he made to hold the tail end wouldn't hold any weight at all. Did you manage to come up with anything more secure or just along the same lines?
Thanks man, When i built it i never had plans to carry a passenger. This bike is just for me, im planning on picking up a more comfortable bike (vfr or superhawk) to go 2 up on. The other reason i did it how i did is i wanted the option to put the stock tail back on if needed (selling the bike, for a passenger or if i just didnt like how it turned out) which i can do if i really wanted to.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:38 PM

Ok Boxdgm, I have finally gotten most of the pieces that I need for the tail swap, and now I have a couple of quick questions.

The little offset piece in the front that connects the fairing to the frame on both sides. Is there anyway that you could throw out a couple of quick measurements for that just to make my life a little easier. That way I could come up with them at work without having to pull the bike into the maintenance area. Also, did you make it curve back out to work around the lip at the bottom of the fairing or not.

Name:  frontfaringmount_zps456e2ff8.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  2.0 KB

I'm also noticing that the front of the seat doesn't really want to sit as flush as I would have liked. Looking at your pictures, you don't seem to have as much of a gap as I am looking at on mine. How did you get the edges of your seat in the front to wrap the tank so well?

Name:  seatwrap_zpsa57addc3.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  69.3 KB

The front tab on the side panels pretty much jam right into the corner under the tank, did you actually mount something there for them to fit into, or are they just riding loose.

I'll leave it at that for now, but I am sure that I am going to have a lot more little questions like this for you. I apologize now for as much as I am going to bug you on this.