Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Whats with cops these days

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 02:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats with cops these days

Well, sometimes we dont use them. Its a big Spring Break town, so tickets are handed out right and left, and most are out of state and wont come back to contest and will just pay the $74.50 or $114.50 for the non-moving violations.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:52 PM

Must be nice.

MDFF

Old 01-18-2007, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

The two posts above are not entirely true. Some cities or counties have certain subclause ordinances. Like where I work, there is a db issue OR if stereos can be heard more than 25 ft away or if exhausts can be heard more than 10ft away at an idle or 75 away at a normal accelerating speed.Most cites have ordinanceslike such because a lot of departments no not have the expensive equipment,so they add subclauses that they can administer.
This is true in MO. We have an ord. that allows us to write a ticket for a car radio that can be heard from over 50 feet away. In these cases we do not need any special equipment to measure the db level.

Old 01-18-2007, 10:44 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I'm talking a few classes on terrorism at the university and what you are proclaming is DANGEROUSLY close to terrorism recruiting sites. Be careful what you read. Not everything on the internet is the "truth."
And once you get anywhere near the truth they hit you with Anti-Semitism or attack your character by claiming that you are participating in a terrorist organization. Haha, predictable indeed.

Hey Fireplug, where are you in Missouri?

Old 01-18-2007, 10:46 PM

Kansas City

Old 01-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: fireplug

ORIGINAL: D2MEclipseGT_600RR

The two posts above are not entirely true. Some cities or counties have certain subclause ordinances. Like where I work, there is a db issue OR if stereos can be heard more than 25 ft away or if exhausts can be heard more than 10ft away at an idle or 75 away at a normal accelerating speed.Most cites have ordinanceslike such because a lot of departments no not have the expensive equipment,so they add subclauses that they can administer.
This is true in MO. We have an ord. that allows us to write a ticket for a car radio that can be heard from over 50 feet away. In these cases we do not need any special equipment to measure the db level.
same here in cali. all a officer needs is their "best judgement" and they can give you a noise violation ticket. because for the cops to be properly trained to use DB meters and the money it would cost to keep them calibrated it would be too much money. so the law here is if the cop believes its too loud then they give ya a ticket and send you to the state ref and they preform the test. or you can just pay the full price of the ticket and be on your way. either way they win

Old 01-19-2007, 03:52 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

I'm talking a few classes on terrorism at the university and what you are proclaming is DANGEROUSLY close to terrorism recruiting sites. Be careful what you read. Not everything on the internet is the "truth."
And once you get anywhere near the truth they hit you with Anti-Semitism or attack your character by claiming that you are participating in a terrorist organization. Haha, predictable indeed.

Hey Fireplug, where are you in Missouri?
Agreed.

Just because they taught it to you in school doesn't mean it's true. I don't actually see what Kid's ideas have to do with terrorism. If you have a problem with what he says, then attack that, but don't attack his character.

Old 01-19-2007, 04:21 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And just because you read something about this "truth" from some website or book doesn't mean it's true either. And I challenge you to find a quote where I'm attacking his character.

Some people take things WAY too literally around here. Lighten up.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:23 AM

wow, this topic is getting big

Old 01-22-2007, 04:01 AM

ORIGINAL: cksean

guess what...if anything happens to you while riding...guess who comes to the scene first to help you...COPS...
you hate them cuz you got ticket for speeding?...you hate them cuz your god damn pipes are so loud?...what if that was you that have to listen to that **** everyday...just don't break the god damn law and you'll be fine...
Not to hate man but F**K that. Dude I have been in several situations where i NEEDED the police and they were nowhere to be found. Then I go through years of harrasment by my college town cops, and when I move to Scottsdale get harrased by the local bored out of their mind rich neighborhood cops.

To me cops are always there when you DONT need them and never there when you DO.

Quick Reply: Whats with cops these days