Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Whats with cops these days

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 04:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Whats with cops these days

ORIGINAL: txmorgan

shock it's the military man, inform his super...
I called the Security officer, he said he wasn't familiar with that reg and threw me a bunch of lame questions and BS. Oh well, not like it's every morning or anything, just when I happen to get him in my line when I pull up, even then, I better be A-J squared away, but I always am fully geared up so nothing the guy can do except be a ****head.

Old 01-17-2007, 05:54 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I have mixed feelings here, so I'm going to explain myself very thoroughly........

Yes, some cops are out of line targeting mainly sportbike riders in some areas. Luckily, I haven't had that problem here in my city, the cops around here are pretty cool.

-BUT-..........can you really blame them 100%??.......here's my reasoning backing my argument.........

Not all sportbike riders are "responsible" people. There are squids and jackasses amongst us that don't care about the image they protray as sportbike riders. These riders (i'll use the term "squids" from hereon) install extremely loud D&D (for example) exhaust systems on their bikes, knowing they're WAY too loud. To make things worse, these "squids" ride around residencial zones at 2 am in first gear waking the dead. So yeah, I can see that if there's enough complaints (and squids to complain about), things like this will happen.

In fact, I called the police on a neighbor about a week ago (major jackass by the way), because he's running open headers on a Camaro. Doesn't bug me, but he cruises around the neighborhood at 2-3 am every freaking night, and it woke me up everynight for weeks on end. So I confronted him about the situation, he continued to be a jackass, then he made it a routine to blip the throttle while passing my house everynight. Needless to say, when I filed the complaint, the noise stopped. Same thing can be applied to irresponsible sportbike riders too.

But Remember, there's only a bias towards us because of the few that go out and ruin it for the rest of us. If people weren't getting pissed off at the noise level of the bikes (which is the riders responsibility), then there wouldn't be any motorcycle noise ordinances. So don't blame the cops 100%, blame the irresponsible riders that rev the bikes and ride at high rpms with loud exhaust systems through residencial zones at 3 am. THOSE people are the source of the problem, not the officers.

Just something to think about. Comments and retaliations welcome.

Old 01-17-2007, 11:06 AM

I used to go to that nathans all the time but the cops have been harrassing people the last few summers...just not as extreme as a fake sobriety test....
BS, if you ask me....what about the drunk drivers that get waved past because they're not on a bike?????????

Old 01-17-2007, 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Blue Fox

Okay, I have mixed feelings here, so I'm going to explain myself very thoroughly........

Yes, some cops are out of line targeting mainly sportbike riders in some areas. Luckily, I haven't had that problem here in my city, the cops around here are pretty cool.

-BUT-..........can you really blame them 100%??.......here's my reasoning backing my argument.........

Not all sportbike riders are "responsible" people. There are squids and jackasses amongst us that don't care about the image they protray as sportbike riders. These riders (i'll use the term "squids" from hereon) install extremely loud D&D (for example) exhaust systems on their bikes, knowing they're WAY too loud. To make things worse, these "squids" ride around residencial zones at 2 am in first gear waking the dead. So yeah, I can see that if there's enough complaints (and squids to complain about), things like this will happen.

In fact, I called the police on a neighbor about a week ago (major jackass by the way), because he's running open headers on a Camaro. Doesn't bug me, but he cruises around the neighborhood at 2-3 am every freaking night, and it woke me up everynight for weeks on end. So I confronted him about the situation, he continued to be a jackass, then he made it a routine to blip the throttle while passing my house everynight. Needless to say, when I filed the complaint, the noise stopped. Same thing can be applied to irresponsible sportbike riders too.

But Remember, there's only a bias towards us because of the few that go out and ruin it for the rest of us. If people weren't getting pissed off at the noise level of the bikes (which is the riders responsibility), then there wouldn't be any motorcycle noise ordinances. So don't blame the cops 100%, blame the irresponsible riders that rev the bikes and ride at high rpms with loud exhaust systems through residencial zones at 3 am. THOSE people are the source of the problem, not the officers.

Just something to think about. Comments and retaliations welcome.
Good points fox, I think that both groups have individuals that ruin it for the rest of them, bikers and cops alike.... However in my case I am on the bikers side simply because I'm not a cop. It's circumstantial and I realize that not every cop (or biker) is a pain, but I still hate cops for more than just the bike harrasement.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Banned

First of all, the cops on the street have nothing to do with their commanding officers requiring their participation in these, "round-ups."

It's not the cops you hate, they are drones doing as their told to kepp their jobs. Not much different from anyone else sweeping the floor of their factory because the boss said so.

No my friend, what you hate is the political agenda behind it. This whole thing, it's bigger than a cop. It's bigger than a politician, in fact it's bigger than the United States. Anyone who ever thought that free will existed on a level above the common man is just plain wrong.

Your free will is the only thing that seperates you from the demon shapeshifters that rule the world...

Now, if I had read that statement 36 hours ago, I would have laughted. Unfortunately I have spend the last 24 hours picking my jaw up off the floor in amazement of what I had been sheltered from... the truth.

I know this isn't the time and place, but it's related. The cops you speak of and that are one the street have nothing to do with this, it's the players behind the scenes. Your frustration as a response to it is calculated as well.

We are nothing more than a real life Sims game with a few people at the ultimate controller. The Earth is Satans playground.

Unreal... sorry, but true.

I have assuredly lost all credibility I may have gained from members on this forum.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:22 PM

Kid I wouldn't say you lost any credibility man, however it's 9:22am where I am and I haven't had my coffee yet, I have no idea what any of the stuff you wrote means. Way to philosophical and complicated for me in the morning...

P.S.
I still hate cops.

Old 01-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

^ kid, you have taken away all my illusions ! i feel scared [sm=helpout.gif]lmao

Old 01-17-2007, 03:12 PM
Banned

It's easier to dismiss as philosophical and silly or crazy.

It's amazingly quite simple. The key to theirsuccess (which is eminent), is the constant conformity of thought and action. We are being programed and humanity always has been - that is the ultimate goal...

CONTROL!

I'm so twisted right now... I wish I could say I have no idea what I'm talking about. I wish I could say y life hasn't changed in the last 2 days. Man...

Old 01-17-2007, 03:59 PM

i am in training to become an officer, and am in no way going to relate to these guys who pullthese kinds of bogus stops

Old 01-17-2007, 04:13 PM

I will have a double dose of whatever KID has been taking. Sounds like some good **** man
[sm=alcoholic.gif][sm=outcold.gif]

I am no "conspiracy theorist"... but I do think it sucks when cops - OR THEPUPPET MASTERS- pull **** like that.

Whoa, for some reason the Muppets theme song just popped into my mind: "It's time to get things started on the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, muppetational -This is what we call the Muppet Show." Or some of us call it the CBR Forum

Quick Reply: Whats with cops these days