Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Wear your gear!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wear your gear!

I was actually looking at them on motorcycle-superstore...ebay they were the same price so why not get them direct....was just hoping to find some differnt ones on ebay, but no luck

Old 04-25-2008, 08:44 PM

Wear your F*CKING gear!!! I just started riding with a kid who just picked up an 07 600RR for his first road bike. Has ridden dirt for years. His "riding" ensemble consists of:

-Hoodie
-Helmet
-Cargo pants
-Etnies? (whatever those low top skater shoes are)

Showed him my back (which it's been about 7 mo's since the wreck) and got him to geta jacket. I have no clue what I'm going to do get him to get gloves...

Guys, please ride safe this year.

[IMG]local://upfiles/16333/A1B867848B1E4440A0E2EE8B25558822.jpg[/IMG]

Old 04-26-2008, 01:57 AM
Banned

Yeah that's some gnarly rash.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't always wear all the gear. I've always worn jeans and boots so there's nothing to change there, my gloves are inside my helmet and my jacket is next to the door.

Still doesn't matter, if I go down it's only going to be a varying degree of road rash. I know that.

I guess my point is - I can't fault anyone for anything they choose to wear or don't wear, and I don't judge people on it. I do however consider you an idiot if you drive in any sort of populated area,or any type of performance ridingwithout a helmet you're a complete tool.

Rash heals and chics dig scars...

P.S. I think if you don't have some type of rash on you, you've either led a life that would bore me or you're really damn good, lol.

P.P.S. I don't want rash like the guy in the video, FWIW.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:59 AM
Banned

^^^Hope you had a good woman with you when that happened, Woody. That's some hard shiite to clean by yoself!

Nice scar though - and tell me, now that it's all healed, isn't just kinda cool... ?

Old 04-26-2008, 04:36 PM

Sorry for the THREAD JACK!

Funny you ask about the woman. She's a great woman, but we just separated three days ago! Umm, it would've been impossible, at first,to take care of by myself with the other injuries I had but after about 3 days I was able to bathe myself and manage around the house. I couldn't dress the wounds though. And I couldn't drive a vehicle for about 3 weeks. And when I drove, I was using my left foot (auto trans only) with my right leg in a cast slung over the center console of my Blazer!!!

Now that it's been several months, it's still clear something bad happened to my back. I figure it'd bea great conversation starter when I'm at the beach/pool!! I haven't seen either since the wreck. I'm not insecure about it at all. I'm sure it'll work more in my favor than not.