Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Wear your gear!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wear your gear!

ouchy, bet he wishes he had some gloves and a jacket...and pants(which is next on my list)

Old 04-22-2008, 05:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible his shield came off because he didn't have it locked in place? I think I'm going to start locking mine and deal with my glasses fogging up.

Old 04-22-2008, 07:47 AM

i just saw the more info

"I know I should of been wearing "gear". But I've never owned gear, and even if I would of had it. I would not have been wearing it when I wrecked. I was out cruising on some back roads not tearing up the twisties."

typical squid

Old 04-22-2008, 04:13 PM

Yeah it cant be stressed enough to have the gear on always. I myself dont really have anything for the legs, but im gonna get the ICON leg field armor. Still wont save my *** and hips from rash but my knees and shins will always be protected cuz i'll wear it with any pair of pants. Gotta start picking up pairs of riding pants as money allows. I got a good helmet, jacket, and gloves that I never ride without. Always wear my Timberlands which is all I have for now but they are leather and cover the ankle til I get riding boots which I am saving for. At least I got the essentials. I dont understand why people wait until they wreck to then preach about gear. We are the smart ones apparently who let other people wreck to show us that we need gear. My dad pisses me off so much. He's the typical Harley guy who always tell me "None of that gear is gonna save you when you crash at anything over 80mph" I basically have to explain simple physics to him that in a wreck unless you go straight into an unmovable object, the gear WILL save your ***. When that cager crashes into you no matter how good of a rider you are, wouldnt you want that full face helmet on when your head smashes through their window or worse? He doesnt grasp the concept. As most Harley guys dont.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:15 PM

and that's why all they wear is a leather jacket and the WWII **** helmets....

it's just like the guy I got my bike from... he threw in a NEVER used Arai helmet b/c his rationale was "what good is it gonna do in a crash? most deaths happen from internal shock and brain bleeding..." uhh... that's WHY you wear the helmet, the compression foam inside is supposed to absorb that shock for you, granted it won't help in ALL cases, it's DOT and SNELL approved b/c it handles the shock not 'cause it keeps you from looking like Sloth from The Goonies....

Old 04-24-2008, 09:07 PM

Those of you that wear jeans, wear these underneath... do not underestimate what a 20 hunk of plastic can do. they keep kicked up rocks off you and will save ur knees if you go down. or if your like sum of the guys i ride with. if you drag yur knee, youll only rip your pants. GET THESE IF YOU RIDE IN PANTS!!!!

Name:  apparel-alpinestars-offroad-bodyarm.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  23.0 KB

Old 04-25-2008, 12:52 AM

I was just looking at those hatebreed...I cant afford pants right now, and dont want to get 1 pair and wear all the time, but those I can wear everyday with a diff pair of pants...now the search on ebay continues

Old 04-25-2008, 06:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Hatebreed

Those of you that wear jeans, wear these underneath... do not underestimate what a 20 hunk of plastic can do. they keep kicked up rocks off you and will save ur knees if you go down. or if your like sum of the guys i ride with. if you drag yur knee, youll only rip your pants. GET THESE IF YOU RIDE IN PANTS!!!!
Won't you still rip your pants if you drag knee, since you are wearing them under your jeans?

Old 04-25-2008, 11:22 AM

the ones I got while I was in Vienna were similar and I wore 'em over my jeans as they were kind of uncomfortable under the jeans and dug into my skin...

Old 04-25-2008, 05:10 PM

yeah but not ripping the skin on your knees is the point. we dont intenitnally put our knee down without leathers but its happend.

yah i dont wanna buy some 100 dollar riding pants either so i wear them. ebay is over rated i bought mine on kneedraggers for like 17 bucks..

Quick Reply: Wear your gear!