Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Wear your gear!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wear your gear!

thing is, sometimes after a couple of month of putting up your gear each time you go out and nothing has yet to arrive, you start to be more careless and don't wear full gear. THat's when the problems arrives.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed on my jacket the other day, I had half a fly left on my left shoulder pad. Besides road rash...keeping the bug juice off you should be a good enough reason [:'(]

Anyway, sucks for this guy to learn his lesson this way. Almost seems like the only way some people will learn. I know this guy with a harley who took a spill once. Last time he ever went riding without a helmet.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:32 AM

i wear khaki's and cut off tank tops when i'm riding to stay classy. [sm=joke.gif]

+1 for gear

Old 04-21-2008, 02:08 PM

That music was gay, wish he would have showed some pics of the bike...guess he was a little too busy being messed up to take pics. I'm suprised that his pants held up as well as they did. I normally only wear my regular jeans when I ride. Still use my textile jacket with gloves and a helmet, and I try to always use my steeltoe Docs.

Old 04-21-2008, 02:35 PM

+1

add to it my icon field armor back/chest protection as i don't really trust the soft crap in the Joe Rocket jacket, I really should start wearin atleast the knee sliders I got in Austria since I don't like the look of the Rocket pants(they look like snow pants) for daily rides... or I should just invest in a decent pair of riding jeans to go w/ the rest of the daily riding gear(Rocket textile jacket, Teknic over the wrist/armored knuckle gloves, Arai helmet, and Ecco over the ankle boots)

Old 04-21-2008, 05:12 PM

wait, wait, wait... you guys missed something that I saw? [8D]

Click on the "more info" link thing for the video... he discusses his lack of gear

That said (or more accurately, because of that), he's a f**king retard.

Old 04-21-2008, 05:53 PM

i wear a 2pc suit zipped together with gloves, sport-touring hein gericke boots and shoei helmet and feel like i'm nude when something is not there. i know it can be very hot in summer days, but in case of an accident i'd prefer to look better than this guy (that looks now like the "hellraiser"'s ugliest demon).

just remember one nice rule: if it's too hot to wear all the gear , it's too hot to ride the motorcycle

Old 04-21-2008, 07:14 PM

i thought it was "sweat rubs off, road rash doesn't"

with that said... man I see way too many squids around here... no helmets, shorts, no sleeves.... and of course when something like this happens to them then they say "i shoulda worn my gear"... and of course in most instances(not all... there still are cases of reckless cagers colliding w/ us) when ppl were still hurt w/ full gear it's usually rider error/riding beyond their abilities like that pic of the guy who hit the back of a semi going 100+ and his helmet got stuck in the back of the semi

bottom line is the best piece of gear is what's between the ears, but a smart and safe rider still could use a lil' help... that's why I'm also glad to say that on top of full gear I have full coverage on the bike and medical insurance

Old 04-21-2008, 07:52 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure he thought his rocker hair was going to protect him when he fell.

Old 04-21-2008, 10:28 PM

ORIGINAL: cwmc29

I'm sure he thought his rocker hair was going to protect him when he fell.
lol...

have to at least wear gloves. damn...

Quick Reply: Wear your gear!