Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Training video :) please watch and reply

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 12:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pocfoo
yea i completely understand. a buddy of mine that i ride with had a car get over on him and he kicked a dent in the side of their car while riding...

people dont look for bikers

the vid is a lil ironic.. cause now the guy def. wont be able to see any bikes in his rearview
love your point

I think the biker overreacted. The would be accident was avoided quite easily and it is not like the bike was right beside the car for a duration when the car moved into the lane. The bike was moving up and the car happened to change lanes at the same time. I mean a noob can avoid that accident.

If the bike was right beside the car initially or if there was oncoming traffic in the other lane then I would be pissed. In this case it is uncalled for. It's like throwing a fit over a boo boo.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:45 AM

I don't know if one wrong deed deserves another. He definitely just made an *** out of himself for doing that. Glad no one got hurt.

Old 01-26-2011, 12:51 PM

Lame video, would have been way better had he just passed the car and kicked the mirror off on the way by lol.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:11 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

Originally Posted by fiddy_nutz
Lame video, would have been way better had he just passed the car and kicked the mirror off on the way by lol.
I would have lol'd at that.

but in all regards it was OTT of the rider.

I have had this happen I just got in front of her turned around looked at her and shook my head. she was shocked and thought i passed her in the left shoulder i think or she realized what she did i dont know. but no reason to damage a car to where they really cant see other bikers now

Old 01-29-2011, 09:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** like that happens to me every day with cagers not looking out for me. The biker took it to extreme, and lucky he didn't get shot. Biker avoids an accident, but then causes one....lame. Yes, there's A LOT of dumbasses out there...., but this video proves there are TWO.

Old 01-29-2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by GDM YO
We are invisible, and you should respect that.
No, we are not. I've never in my life failed to see a biker because I take my time and look. I check mirrors and turn my head, as well as take my time driving. I leave early so I am not rushing. Most people are too lazy to check mirrors and look, or are in too big of a hurry.

I don't agree with damaging the guys car, but then again I don't blame him. I was once almost hit in a head on collision by a guy trying to beat the red light as I was turning left. His direction of driving was a blind hill, so I couldn't see him, and he was approaching the blind 35mph intersection at around 60mph. As I went to turn left, he came flying through and both of us swerved at the last second. His car brushed my knee. Lucky for him it was night time, and when I turned around, I couldn't tell what set of brake lights were his. Irresponsible motorists can DIAF for all I care... lol

Old 01-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dissevered
No, we are not. I've never in my life failed to see a biker because I take my time and look. I check mirrors and turn my head, as well as take my time driving. I leave early so I am not rushing. Most people are too lazy to check mirrors and look, or are in too big of a hurry.

I don't agree with damaging the guys car, but then again I don't blame him. I was once almost hit in a head on collision by a guy trying to beat the red light as I was turning left. His direction of driving was a blind hill, so I couldn't see him, and he was approaching the blind 35mph intersection at around 60mph. As I went to turn left, he came flying through and both of us swerved at the last second. His car brushed my knee. Lucky for him it was night time, and when I turned around, I couldn't tell what set of brake lights were his. Irresponsible motorists can DIAF for all I care... lol
I agree with you. I think he may have over reacted but now the guy has to fix it. Not like he was using his mirrors in the first place.

Plus people who drive cars dont know what its like and what to look for. Once you get a bike you realize all the things cagers do wrong and you tend to be more wary of them. Just yesterday on my ride i had three things happen.

1.We making a right turn and waiting for light. A guy comes up on shoulder and makes the right before us as we waited. Light turns green and i go only to see him now cutting across both lanes to make an illegal u-turn while he stopped to let opposite direction traffic go. By the time i stopped it had been so sudden and as i was just getting set straight that i almost dropped my bike by stopping a few inches before his bumper. I honked and went on my way.

2. Lady is in a suv on a fairly sharp but long right turn that is on old county road. She slowly drifts over into the oncoming land about half way and she isnt distracted. Both hands on wheel just being lazy i guess. She finally corrects herself after we were going in a straight line. If a bike had been coming the other way they would have no chance to avoid hitting head on.

3. Lady in a massive truck texting, or messing with music drifts into the my lane causing me to swerve onto the shoulder.

This stuff happens so much im not surprised that this guy snapped.

Old 01-29-2011, 08:41 PM

watched the video and by the looks of the car he/she has done this at least once before. in my experience of being on the road I try to look at the vehicles condition around me for there driving habits. Even when I am parking in a parking lot I will not park next to a car that is damaged (here it comes) I agree that not all vehicles that are damaged is due to the drivers bone head move. you can tell when a driver just does not care how he/she drives.
Now on the video of what i would have done. I would have hung back and waited for the stupid move and then went around the car. the truck in front of the car was going slower than the car that was in front you so the car behind the truck would pass unless it was going to turn right. now changing lanes and then turning would have gotten a finger and a honk for that stupid move(not preparing before the turn to get in the correct lane at least a block back)
the driver probably wouldn't have seen a train coming up beside it by the way the car changed lanes quickly

sorry for the long read
just my

Last edited by eagleclaw; 01-29-2011 at 08:46 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 04:13 PM

crap like this happens almost every week to me. rider was totally overboard, normally people are like oh **** oops...

so ive been riding 3 years, in the last year I have driven my car < 5000 miles mostly on the weekends. In the last few months i noticed my driving has really suffered, I cant maintain strict lane position(ie I weave as if i was on a bike/drunk), I run even more on auto pilot, not maintaining consistent speed.
well atleast i use my mirrors TURN my head and dont ride the brakes.

maybe i should just more, and fly by asshats who drive like me....

Old 01-30-2011, 05:55 PM

The rider needs anger management. After he stopped and paused, he thought about what he wanted to do and then carried it out. Road rage is more spontaneous.

Quick Reply: Training video :) please watch and reply