Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Training video :) please watch and reply

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Training video :)

Okay I want everyone to view this...
Instruction as follows

Pretend you are the one riding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2Rju...eature=related
Pause as soon as it loads.

Stare at it and think this out and scan the area...
Which car is going to to cause trouble for this biker "aka you"

Press play...

After the video is done.. Give your inputs about the video and your opinion on what you would have done.

Thanks everyone.

Just want to get everyone back into the riding mentality state since we are into the new year and that for the winter guys to prepare for spring/summer riding.

Last edited by AmazinAznF4I; 01-25-2011 at 04:51 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:41 AM
Banned

Road rage is dangerous.....

but I don't blame the guy.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:06 AM

yea i completely understand. a buddy of mine that i ride with had a car get over on him and he kicked a dent in the side of their car while riding...

people dont look for bikers

the vid is a lil ironic.. cause now the guy def. wont be able to see any bikes in his rearview

Last edited by pocfoo; 01-25-2011 at 08:13 AM.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:34 AM

Wow that guy is a douche. Big deal, you RIDE A BIKE. You should know that you are gonna have drivers that do stuff like that, absolutely nothing you can do. Not a single person here drives a car perfect. We are invisible, and you should respect that. I find it funny that some people ride like they are driving in a car with a steel cage. "Pfft if this person comes into my lane and hits me, it's their fault". Uhh yeah sure it's their fault, but you are going to be the one dead. Unfortunately if you ride on the streets, you have to understand that you HAVE to look out for everyone else's mistake, that's just the way it goes. Smashing someone's mirror might make you look "badass" on camera, but in reality just makes you look childish.

Old 01-25-2011, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by GDM YO
Wow that guy is a douche. Big deal, you RIDE A BIKE. You should know that you are gonna have drivers that do stuff like that, absolutely nothing you can do. Not a single person here drives a car perfect. We are invisible, and you should respect that. I find it funny that some people ride like they are driving in a car with a steel cage. "Pfft if this person comes into my lane and hits me, it's their fault". Uhh yeah sure it's their fault, but you are going to be the one dead. Unfortunately if you ride on the streets, you have to understand that you HAVE to look out for everyone else's mistake, that's just the way it goes. Smashing someone's mirror might make you look "badass" on camera, but in reality just makes you look childish.

I agree. The car had its blinker on (maybe he was a little late with it) in time for the rider to give him room. He refused and had to dive into the opposite lane. I would place equal blame on the rider and the driver. No reason to smash a mirror.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Ragnar1x
I agree. The car had its blinker on (maybe he was a little late with it) in time for the rider to give him room. He refused and had to dive into the opposite lane. I would place equal blame on the rider and the driver. No reason to smash a mirror.
I just realized his blinker WAS on, and the biker was going way too fast. Definitely was not going the speed limit.

Which indeed backs my case/reasoning even more. I ride aggressively (At the track and in the canyons) but on the street, I am constantly waiting for people to cut me off, pull out in front of me, etc. You cannot relax for a second or you risk getting hit. Even if it's not your fault, you are the one that has to live with the consequence. Be smart guys, you are invisible.

Old 01-25-2011, 10:51 AM
I Can't Sell On CBRF
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GDM YO

i bet that driver will look twice from now on though if every biker did this, then sooner or later every driver would start being more careful....they would get tired of replacing mirrors

Old 01-25-2011, 12:03 PM

i too think the rider wasn't really paying attention and should have seen the blinker, then given the car right of way just so that he wouldn't have been ran off the road.. but if the car saw the biker he also should have slowed down to get behind the biker... i believe ALL bikers should watch out for others even more so hell your life is on the line...and given the fact that the car had primer on it they have had an mishap before...
as far as smashing the mirror. no reason at all... what if the driver got pissed and ran him over.. then the bike would be damaged and the rider hurt.. would it really be worth it then to smash the mirror.. cause the car could just do a hit and run and get away with it.. happened to a friend of mine on the highway.. totaled his bike, am had him setting at home with no job or money for 2-3 months...
when ever there are cars around and even more so when riding thew a city block like that you as a rider have to pay extra attention... they give license to anyone who can pass a test not actually drive...

Old 01-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Banned

Just because you have your blinker on doesn't mean you can cut someone off. I agree the blinker was on, but not enough time to warn anyone that you are changing lanes.

Old 01-25-2011, 02:05 PM

I could maybe see myself doing something like that in a fit of rage but this guy had plenty of time to cool off. He spent too much time thinking about it. Likely I would have just layed on the horn and gave him a earfull of pipe and a dirty "wtf?! what wtf you're doing!!!" look.

Ps. This does NOT belong in the f4i section.

Quick Reply: Training video :) please watch and reply