Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Training video :) please watch and reply

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tucsondude
crap like this happens almost every week to me. rider was totally overboard, normally people are like oh **** oops...

so ive been riding 3 years, in the last year I have driven my car < 5000 miles mostly on the weekends. In the last few months i noticed my driving has really suffered, I cant maintain strict lane position(ie I weave as if i was on a bike/drunk), I run even more on auto pilot, not maintaining consistent speed.
well atleast i use my mirrors TURN my head and dont ride the brakes.

maybe i should just more, and fly by asshats who drive like me....
The worst part is trying to park a cage after riding only a bike for months and months. lol

Old 02-05-2011, 06:39 AM

No big deal, this happens from time to time..........would of horned her.........and continued my ride.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:34 AM

I understand why any biker would be mad, but i mean look at where most situations like this happen...larger busier streets, if you want to get mad at a dumb driver for cutting off a biker why not get mad at one cutting of a minivan with a family inside, I have to drive through portland everyday and to be honest i've seen everything from cars cutting off semi trucks and even emergency vehicles(not going anywhere but thats besides the point) All i'm saying is with roadrage today if you kick in someones door or break their mirror who knows if they have a gun or a history of violence, then you've got bigger issues, so back off and thank your lucky stars that you at least were smart enough to avoid being hit, by moving out of the way and not ending up DEAD!

Old 02-21-2011, 12:05 PM
July 2012 Ride of the Month

Whats that bikers problem?? He got cut off at about thirty mph... Im sure most of us riders on here, have been cut off way worse then that.
I know I have, multiple times on the highway..

Then he breaks the mirror? Get over it dude. You ride a street bike, you're going to get cut off.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:31 PM
2011 Ride of the Year

man i know what that guy feels and i would just used my horn to make sure they knew they screwed up. but taking someones mirror off, little harsh.

i have an intersection near my house that you have to go little to the right going through to stay in your lane, well a lot of dumb asses go little to the left and cut people off.
when im in the car i dont give a s**t if they hit me, a lot of times they get pissed off thinking i cut them off.

when i was on the bike saturday i had to slow down and let 2 cars in front of me because i knew they would cut me off or hit me, while it pissed me off, yet it saved my bike from being dropped since it was right off of the light and i wouldnt get hurt to much.

so sometimes we have to slow down and let the dumb asses go, im sure i could of get in front of them since i was on much faster machine, but why the headache of tailing me to closely after that.

car behind me got pissed off that i was letting them go and he had to sit on green for 5 more seconds until i moved, like hes gonna loose $$$$$ milions in that time.

what you gonna do, cant change the way they drive, so the only option is, make sure you make it home safely by the way you ride.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:19 PM

I've had similar situations happen before. Depending on how close they've got I've honked and flipped them off, smacked a few windows, or followed them and screamed my head of at them.

These days I keep a few of these stuck to my tank, with the word ******* in sharpie on the back.
http://boingboing.net/2010/12/18/mag...llow-card.html
I got them printed on a heavy enough magnet that I can chuck them pretty accurately if needed.

If I have time, I slap one on once I've got back into a safe riding position, If not, I follow the person to the next stoplight or sign, chuck it on their hood, and then ride away.

It's slightly passive aggressive, but I've got a bad enough temper that if I got off my bike I'd probably end up in jail.