Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Track crash video/lesson learned

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by motorcycle5
I am not one for giving advice though. After a crash its basically pointless, and before a crash there is enough going on without trying to heed the brilliant advice of others. In a way thats what I like best about track days: you soon discover that its just YOU out there and you dont have time to ponder or recall sentences of riding wisdom in your head ..you outgrow needing to think about words. Too slow! You just become part of the riding fast process and its wild. I have crashed a few times on track. So instead of riding advice I will tell you this: nobody does track days forever and ever. Take what you want to take from doing them and then its cool to back away.

BTW: nice vids, and nice way to keep your sense of humor.
Thanks. I can see you've been there and done that. In reviewing the tapes I made, including the outtakes, I think what got me in this crash is two things: It was my pit lap on the last session of the day and I decided to slow down. I relaxed just enough to get out of the bubble.

Second, I think I probably forgot which turn I was in. I was clearly setting up for a high entry to to a left; mentally, I was probably back in the Cave Esses. That right hander startled me. I had the option of just doing nothing in that turn and would have recovered fine.

It take skill and experience to understand doing nothing. And the tuition is a bitch.