Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Why is personal riding video so scarce here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2011, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is personal riding video so scarce here?

I know all you guys have awesome bikes, and a large percentage probably have video cameras. Why aren't there more current videos of day trips? Is it an issue of legal liability?

There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for anything here. Where are the sights and sounds in "Sights 'N Sounds"?

Old 05-22-2011, 07:27 PM

I'll have footage from GrandSport Speedway in a couple weeks...first TD on the CBR. I'll be sure to post it up...should be interesting...

Here's one from TWS:

YouTube - ‪Texas World Speedway - 09/25/10 Ridesmart L2‬‏

Last edited by DrAwkwArD; 05-22-2011 at 07:30 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by DrAwkwArD
I'll have footage from GrandSport Speedway in a couple weeks...first TD on the CBR. I'll be sure to post it up...should be interesting...
I'll definitely watch it. I'm sick of watching 480p stunter video with awful soundtracks on Youtube.

I'll work my way through your Youtube channel.

Last edited by Timr; 05-22-2011 at 07:34 PM.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Timr
I know all you guys have awesome bikes, and a large percentage probably have video cameras. Why aren't there more current videos of day trips? Is it an issue of legal liability?

There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for anything here. Where are the sights and sounds in "Sights 'N Sounds"?
This is a good question.

I have one of those pocket keychain things that I have yet to try out but i'd like to, problem is I seem to have misplaced it in the move. I guess a GoPro might be a good investment as well.

Its on the to-do list.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
This is a good question.

I have one of those pocket keychain things that I have yet to try out but i'd like to, problem is I seem to have misplaced it in the move. I guess a GoPro might be a good investment as well.

Its on the to-do list.
You can get the 960p Hero for $170.

Every weekend we should be seeing a whole new set of videos by members of this forum. We've got members from all over the world who could certainly post awesome video to be enjoyed by all. In my short time here I've noticed only a handful of the same members ever seem to post unless someone has a question. I too am guilty of asking questions, but at least I'm trying to contribute in other ways.

I want to see some videos of back road day trips in Australia, Japan, Europe, Hawaii, the continental US. Where are they?

Old 05-22-2011, 11:57 PM
Sprocket Hauler and Savior

I just picked up my camera, Yea its a cheap camera but i am still working on the angle and ride. My 2 locations i have tried were both bust but once i get it working and the set up right i will be posting them up. Also the weather needs to break only 5 good days of riding. Winter just wont quit.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

KK as soon as I get all the bugs worked out... Gonna make some very humorous videos I'm sure.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
To be honest I think many members are a bit shy to post vids because of the chance that others will hang chit on them or there riding skills ...

If you are bored , you can even click the link at the bottom of my sig pic and it will take you too a few of mine on utube
Yeah, I've taken a little crap for my videos. From more aggressive riders I get chided for entering turns to slow; from others I get criticized for speeding or crossing the lines.

I'll check out your vids. Love those old Hurricanes.

Old 05-23-2011, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Timr
Is it an issue of legal liability?
I don't currently have a video camera, but I do want to pick up a Go Pro at some point to get some bike/ski/car footage with.

However, this article Man Arrested After Posting 195 MPH Corvette Run On YouTube definitely has me thinking twice about uploading anything from some of the more "spirited" adventures. And I'll definitely pick a mounting point that keeps my speedometer out of the shot.

Aside from that, videos are awesome and I would love to see more posted up.

Quick Reply: Why is personal riding video so scarce here?