Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Running from the police... gets you dead

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Running from the police... gets you dead

sorry to get off topic...but txmorgan do you know that your signature is sweet? lol i just spent like 2 minutes looking at it...mmmm sneezing

Old 09-25-2007, 01:55 AM
Friend and Hero ...

ORIGINAL: 600f4i_blackout

Don't get things confused though... dangerous driving and evading police don't constitute reasonable grounds for deadly force, however attempting to run over a police office does.

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

Don't steal cars or drink and drive or do/smuggle drugs or in any way break the law unless you can deal with the consequences of getting caught. The second those lights came on that guy was caught. Trying to run NEVER ends well.

Whether or not the cops were justified (And I am in agreement with almost everyone here that they were) in what they did, they were in a life threatening situation and made the best judgments that they could while under fire. I've had soldiers who made bad judgments in Iraq. The command supported them once a determination that they were not acting out of personal cruelty was made. You might be able to critique the judgment of those cops, but it's clear they were not out 'hunting' that guy. They were obviously trying to stop a criminal and protect themselves. If he had not been so stupid to think he could drive away with an armed law enforcement officer on his hood, he would probably have lived. That guy deserves a Darwin award.

Well since weare all armchair quarterbacking here. I would like to say that these are the two most important statements I've heard made here, would like to remind everyone that not only were none of us there. But you have to remember, whether it be a military pursuit or a law-enforcement pursuit at the end of the pursuit. You have adrenaline, frustration, and a lot of times anger flowing through you and you have to make a conscious decision whether or not you're going to subdue the individual or neutralize them. It is quite hard to come off of that adrenaline rush and make that transition and have the mental clarity to do this and this is one of the hardest things to teach someone it is something that we work on constantly within the MCMAP . Military Personnel and Law-Enforcement are trained to evaluator situation in a matter of microseconds to determine whether or not a given situation warrants lethal force or not, as far as the officer being on the hood of the car or standing in front of the car. Put yourself in the situation, how much personal jeopardy are you willing to place yourself in to accomplish your task. A wise man once said, how do you second guess the man on the ground. And I absolutely saw no evidence to second-guess anyone's decision here. Would I have personally used lethal force in this situation given the visible circumstance?. Probably not! But I'm One of Those Dumb Bastards Who Believe I Can Physically Contain Any Individual at Some Point if he's not armed with what I deem a true weapon. And before you ask are jump to conclusions. Yes, my rules of engagement are much different, don't bother with posting if you have a question about that PM ME

Old 09-25-2007, 02:36 AM

I did not read all the posts in this thread but i did watch the video, I have never seen a cop chase video that ended with a cop just firing 1 shot to stop a suspect they always have to shot people multiple times, i have never understood that... If the cop was in fear of his life he should not jump on the hood of a car with a criminal driving.. Thats just stupid, shoot out the tires, oh wait its easier to get point blank and shot the guy in the face 3 times.. Yes he ran yes he desereved to go to jail, But gettin shot cop style come on.. police officers do some wonderfull things, But i still think they are the biggest form of legalized organized crime.. Score one for the cops another dime bag seller taken out and off the street.. Way To Go .

Old 09-25-2007, 08:06 AM

That was freaking awesome! Although what I would have done differently was stopped the chase and let them get away then call in a heat seeking missile right when they were thinking "OH SNAP! Those cops suck we totally evaded them!" then all of a sudden BOOM!!!!!! Evade that beooootch.

Old 09-25-2007, 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Ludefreak

I did not read all the posts in this thread but i did watch the video, I have never seen a cop chase video that ended with a cop just firing 1 shot to stop a suspect they always have to shot people multiple times, i have never understood that... If the cop was in fear of his life he should not jump on the hood of a car with a criminal driving.. Thats just stupid, shoot out the tires, oh wait its easier to get point blank and shot the guy in the face 3 times.. Yes he ran yes he desereved to go to jail, But gettin shot cop style come on.. police officers do some wonderfull things, But i still think they are the biggest form of legalized organized crime.. Score one for the cops another dime bag seller taken out and off the street.. Way To Go .

Because you chose not to read some of the other, more logical arguments through the thread, I'm going to be nice. How often do you think a cop actually hits what he's shooting at? The adrenaline and fear these officers and assailants are faced with makes their aim terrible. I forget the exact statistic, but don't most police shoot outs happen within a 7 or 14 foot distance with an average of something along the lines of 15 rounds fired. I just pulled that off the top of my head, but it happens like that. Back in the day, a couple of guys tried to hold up an armored car in Illinois. The police and the robbers exchanged rounds at a distance of 8 feet. A total of 20 or more rounds were fired and the only person who took a hit was a robber in the foot.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:27 PM

WOW, I live near to Blue Ash, never even heard of this...he put alot of peoples lives at risk....I think the cops were just doing their jobs.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:45 PM

man......the only thing you wanna run from the cops in is a hummer H1 Alpha......and then in woods with rivers they cant fjord...

Old 09-26-2007, 02:57 AM

ORIGINAL: terror

sorry to get off topic...but txmorgan do you know that your signature is sweet? lol i just spent like 2 minutes looking at it...mmmm sneezing
SIR YES SIR! you know it mang, feel free to stare as long as ya need... FtP

Old 09-26-2007, 10:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was one of the craziest chase videos I have seen. Almost as good as the one where the cop tbones that guy whos shooting at him.

FTP? I say F*ck The Boneheads. I guess logic just beseiges some people.

Old 09-26-2007, 12:05 PM

screw it i am going to throw in my .02 in too! .. the police had complete justfication(sp) on firing on that guy .. he ran why ? beacuse the car was stolen ? who knows who knows anything on this story .. this just to many what if's on this one .. hell i want the cops in my town to shoot the bastard that stole my babe and ran her like that .. f the bad guys i hear this all the tim from you guys and now they do and you call no fair .. there is just no winning with some poeple .. look break the law and expect repercations(sp) .. look i am not saying i love the police but as a person that recently brooke the law and was an idoit and ran i was lucky i didn't get shot ... but if i had i wounld be crying about it .. i know i broke the law .. i am a man about it .. it cost me my job my bike and alot of money and now for the next 2 years i don't get to drive .. guess what lesson learned.. some idoits will never learn .. and for the haters i pose a question for you .. flip the script .. what if you were the cop what would you have done ? what if it was your car that they were ravin on ?[sm=rant.gif]

sorry guys but this is bs the world is full of concesses and nobody cares about them anymore ..

Quick Reply: Running from the police... gets you dead