Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Running from the police... gets you dead

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Running from the police... gets you dead

I don't think the police officer should have put himself in that position. But they had every right to use deadly force, the guy wasn't stopping for anything.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:38 PM

Nah i mean why jump on the hood, just shoot him from the side...

Old 09-23-2007, 07:43 PM

WOOOOWWWWW that is crazy I live right next to where this happened and this is the first I have heard about it. I actually rode on cornell today.. Insane I wish the video didnt break up. And that guy def got what he deserved. I didnt expect him to shoot him though..

Old 09-23-2007, 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

4. He could have shot out the tires.
Nowadays, what most officers carry won't always penetrate a steel belted radial. Spikes, yes. Bullets, questionable. They can actually ricochet off. Oddly enough, most departments in Texas specifically prohibit shooting at tires, but DPS still can.

They'll also keep going with four spiked flat tires.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:54 PM
RCR

you play you pay.

Old 09-23-2007, 11:59 PM

Don't want to state what was justified or not, but I would like to point out the cop was the one who decided to get on the car, he was endangering himself and knew the consequences (as well as the driver did too). I'm pretty sure they couldv'e done an alternative method of stopping him though, like maybe shoot the tires when he ever got stuck for a little while, shoot only to scare. I'm no cop but the safest and most logical method was to shoot the tires or use spikes, and follow him until the wheels get messed up he can't continue on, it was late and not many (if any) cars were around so none of that "endangerment to pedestrians" excuse saying quick action had to be made. As for the statement that people can still drive with flat tires, yes its true, but they drive slower and its a hell of a lot easier to baricade them after. Again I'm just trying to point out that shooting was not the best and only answer. Anyone can kill someone or shoot a gun, but stopping someone without bringing any harm to anyone is true SKILLS.

Old 09-24-2007, 04:04 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That guy was a maniac. If I was the cop on top of the car, I would have opened fire too. Given the chance, the driver could have killed him.

Old 09-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is also no footage to prove that the suspects didn't actually shoot at the officers.

Would you rather the officer shoot the person or end up in this situation:
http://www.officer.com/videonetwork/...?showid=378811

Old 09-24-2007, 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: importcarkid

granted you cant see everything it looks like the shooting was not justified, the cop rams the black car and says that the black car tried to ram him?? come on, then the cop gets out of his car after he ramed him and starts shooting??? wtf??? then the other cop endangers his own life by getting on top of a moving car to shoot at him??? wtf again?? deff not text book, and talk about harming his buddy, he hitthe black car while his buddy was on the roof while shooting at a suspect. I am not a cop but from what I can see I call BS.

[/align]
And what if they didn't shoot him? Suppose the driver got away and kept going 100 mph through intersections, then rammed and killed your mom? You'd be the first one in line saying that the cops didn't do enough to stop the pursuit. I would then call your cries BS.

Old 09-24-2007, 12:07 PM

if i was an officer, i prolly would have shot at that point..........thats just how you gotta look at it.

Quick Reply: Running from the police... gets you dead