Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Running from the police... gets you dead

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Running from the police... gets you dead

ORIGINAL: D2DGraphix_600RR

ORIGINAL: importcarkid

granted you cant see everything it looks like the shooting was not justified, the cop rams the black car and says that the black car tried to ram him?? come on, then the cop gets out of his car after he ramed him and starts shooting??? wtf??? then the other cop endangers his own life by getting on top of a moving car to shoot at him??? wtf again?? deff not text book, and talk about harming his buddy, he hitthe black car while his buddy was on the roof while shooting at a suspect. I am not a cop but from what I can see I call BS.

[/align]
Wow, do you know anything about law enforcement. The car didnt stop and headed in his direction. Thats considered trying to ram his since HE DIDNT STOP. The cop didnt hit him first either, and it's clear that they were looking for this car from the way the video started. The car wasnt stopping, was running read lights, with outher people on the road. That right there is ground for deadly force. Also, you dont know why the suspect was being chased, nor do you know his record. And he didnt hit the car at any speed while the other officer was on it. You try to get the ram guard on the police car between the front wheel on the suspects car, that way it will jam the wheel not allowing it to move. This is all stuff you learn at the academy. HE didnt "ram" the car while the officer was on the hood. Also, the officer tried to get the car to stop by standing in front of the car, the suspect didnt so he got on the hood, well, the suspect kept going, therefor used deadly force since he put the officers life in danger and used deadly force against the officer. So yes, no matter what why you want to look at it/twist it, by law, it was justifed in every way.

Well put D2D.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:28 PM

granted you cant see everything it looks like the shooting was not justified, the cop rams the black car and says that the black car tried to ram him?? come on, then the cop gets out of his car after he ramed him and starts shooting??? wtf??? then the other cop endangers his own life by getting on top of a moving car to shoot at him??? wtf again?? deff not text book, and talk about harming his buddy, he hitthe black car while his buddy was on the roof while shooting at a suspect. I am not a cop but from what I can see I call BS.

[/align]
I told you there was gonna be some dumb ***. your right he shouldnt have ram'd him, shouldve just let himcontinue on victomizinginnocent people. Then he def shouldnt have jumped on the hood, he shouldve just let this ***** run him over,I mean it was his fault for steppin out in front of the car right.What a *****

Old 09-23-2007, 05:36 PM

Wow, do you know anything about law enforcement. The car didnt stop and headed in his direction. Thats considered trying to ram his since HE DIDNT STOP. The cop didnt hit him first either, and it's clear that they were looking for this car from the way the video started. The car wasnt stopping, was running read lights, with outher people on the road. That right there is ground for deadly force. Also, you dont know why the suspect was being chased, nor do you know his record. And he didnt hit the car at any speed while the other officer was on it. You try to get the ram guard on the police car between the front wheel on the suspects car, that way it will jam the wheel not allowing it to move. This is all stuff you learn at the academy. HE didnt "ram" the car while the officer was on the hood. Also, the officer tried to get the car to stop by standing in front of the car, the suspect didnt so he got on the hood, well, the suspect kept going, therefor used deadly force since he put the officers life in danger and used deadly force against the officer. So yes, no matter what why you want to look at it/twist it, by law, it was justifed in every way.
damn right, the guy got what he deserved

Old 09-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[/align]
I call BS on your reply, not real bright.

Old 09-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont see how anyone could say that wasnt justified...if it was me on top of the car, i wouldve popped 2 more in that guys ***...

Old 09-23-2007, 05:44 PM

There is a lot of uninformed opinions being thrown around here. I believe the shooting was justified in the fact that the officer who was on top of the black car did feel his life was in danger. Think about it this way, the car has come to a complete stop after being rammed by a patrol car, an officer exits his vehicle and gets in front of the black car who then attempts to evade the patrol cars by driving forward towards the officer on foot giving him reasonable grounds to use necessary force. In the instance of a 3500lb piece of metal with a careless and dangerous individual behind the wheel necessary force would be deadly force.

Don't get things confused though... dangerous driving and evading police don't constitute reasonable grounds for deadly force, however attempting to run over a police office does.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:13 PM

Don't steal cars or drink and drive or do/smuggle drugs or in any way break the law unless you can deal with the consequences of getting caught. The second those lights came on that guy was caught. Trying to run NEVER ends well.

Whether or not the cops were justified (And I am in agreement with almost everyone here that they were) in what they did, they were in a life threatening situation and made the best judgments that they could while under fire. I've had soldiers who made bad judgments in Iraq. The command supported them once a determination that they were not acting out of personal cruelty was made. You might be able to critique the judgment of those cops, but it's clear they were not out 'hunting' that guy. They were obviously trying to stop a criminal and protect themselves. If he had not been so stupid to think he could drive away with an armed law enforcement officer on his hood, he would probably have lived. That guy deserves a Darwin award.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:30 PM

they looked like a buncha cowboys... i like how in the begining of the clip he said he tryed to ram him... but i didnt.nvr seen someone shoot someone like that.

Old 09-23-2007, 06:32 PM

1. Don't run from the cops. You'll get busted these days for sure. Helicopters, radios...all faster than any bike.
Plus you are endangering other drivers on the road.

2. The driver, least in my view, never tried to ram the police car, but only get around him.
Not advocating what the driver did, just stating what I saw with the video provided.

3. What's the cop doing on top of the hood of the car? That's pretty dumb. He's just putting himself in danger.

4. He could have shot out the tires.

5. Shooting justified? I don't know...and since we are talking Ohio, not my problem, and not surprised.

Strange how when the moments leading up to the shooting occurs, the video is missing or heavily edited.

Final conclusion.

Dumb driver. Questionable actions on the part of the shooting.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:31 PM

But think about it. If he wouldnt have put himself in that position, how much longer could it have taken for the suspect to stop?

Quick Reply: Running from the police... gets you dead