Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Police and Deals Gap

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Police and Deals Gap

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Okay, okay, okay people...

Let's not get our panties in a bunch. If you're a truck driver and can honestly say you've never used that damn big-*** rig to bully people around on the roads, honestly...

THEN I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT YOU! I think I made that very clear. Truck drivers, like every other sterotype, has it's false presumptions. However, like very few other victims of stereotype -nearly every single person on the face of the planet with a drivers license has come into contact with, and based assumptions off of - other truck drivers. It's not just people being a bigot, as in following the heard in saying some crap like, "I don't like black people."

The vast majority of people who complain about truckers do so because of a personal experience. Not because it's cool to not like truck drivers.

Anyway... I still love you all. You are all my children.
Well said.

Much love

Old 03-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Banned

The more I think about it - truckers have a rep just like sportbikers and for the same reasons.

Just about every soccer mom has witnessed, with their own two eyes, someone on a sportbike gettin' dangerous. Therefore we all represent each other, and suffer each others bad decisions.

It reminds me of what my captain used to say to me...

"We gotta do it cleaner and better folks."

The only thing us bikers and truckers can do to help out is to be as courteous and respectful of others' rights to the roadways. Until every one of us can honestly say we help the image and not hurt it - we're gonna get, "what we deserve," in the form of poor public opinion.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:55 AM

now I drive almost 2 hours a day on the hwy in a major state patrol area now on tothe truckers... I have to sorta agree that I see more and more bad drivers in the trucks.. (many more in cars and suvs) I used to let truckers in and pass but they seem to take it as an invite to go super slow (55 mph in a 65 zone while showing bubba his new hatthrough the cab window while they take up both lanes)and this is a level area since it isfairly close to the IL boarder)
I really think they know what they are doing and aredriving slow and blocking up traffic because we get these certaint people who drive up here and think it's there play-ground cutting people off with no other cars in the lane and going 90+ mph with the middle finger out the window! only to slow down and speed back up the whole way... (I have notice no one uses cruise control- it's hard to when the idiot who just flew past you 1/4 mileback is now going super slow so you have to slow down too, you end up passing them and for no reason you get the finger and off they go again)

then you have the police who really drive crazy, they will fly up on your bumper and play a games.. if they are going to hit the lights ,fly around and cut you off just to ride the guy in front of you or pull next to you and pace you so others can't pass

I know I got off topic here alittle but my point is there are so many jerks on the road it's hard to drive anything

Old 03-07-2007, 03:16 AM

the cop is probably on your *** so he can get your plate and run it. I see what you mean about the whole speeding up and slowing down. it makes it hard to do favors for other drivers anymore. Im not gonna go on and on about it. bad drivers there everywhere.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: 2003cbr600rr

now I drive almost 2 hours a day on the hwy in a major state patrol area now on tothe truckers... I have to sorta agree that I see more and more bad drivers in the trucks.. (many more in cars and suvs) I used to let truckers in and pass but they seem to take it as an invite to go super slow (55 mph in a 65 zone while showing bubba his new hatthrough the cab window while they take up both lanes)and this is a level area since it isfairly close to the IL boarder)
I really think they know what they are doing and aredriving slow and blocking up traffic because we get these certaint people who drive up here and think it's there play-ground cutting people off with no other cars in the lane and going 90+ mph with the middle finger out the window! only to slow down and speed back up the whole way... (I have notice no one uses cruise control- it's hard to when the idiot who just flew past you 1/4 mileback is now going super slow so you have to slow down too, you end up passing them and for no reason you get the finger and off they go again)

then you have the police who really drive crazy, they will fly up on your bumper and play a games.. if they are going to hit the lights ,fly around and cut you off just to ride the guy in front of you or pull next to you and pace you so others can't pass

I know I got off topic here alittle but my point is there are so many jerks on the road it's hard to drive anything
Two words...

Brake check.

That's not only BS, but it's dangerous. If his lights aren't on, there is no video to prove that a possumm didn't just run out in front of you. He rear-ends you, his fault.

Teach ***** cops like that a lesson. I can read a plate from about 4-5 car lengths back, as can most people with corrected or perfect vision. There is no excuse for that.