Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Deals gap

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deals gap

Went on my first trip yesterday....wow...that was some serious sheet! great place to eat off your stips....has anybody else been?

Old 03-12-2007, 11:22 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: Deals gap

I haven't been, being on the west coast we would have to plan ahead. When I do, I am going to invite myself to stay at OldFatGuy's house and make a long weekend out of it. I want to go Sooo bad, but we got to get my wife up to speed (and me), first.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:31 PM

Me and a buddy went last year. We're planning on going again this year. Yeah it's some pretty kick **** stuff. I like the switchbacks. I have a few curves where I live but not like that. The only thing that sucked was the cars, the harleys, and the cops! The cars were too damn slow, the harleys think they're the only ones on the rode, and the cops will give you alot of ****e for going much over the 35mph speed limit( only if they can get you.LOL!) But the two states have joint custody of that road. So they tag-team on both ends. You can't ride faster then the radio.

Old 03-15-2007, 02:26 PM
Registered Users

i read somethign about deals gap that i found interesting, technically its a state/national park so regular city county police arent supposed to be able to give ticket's.....doenst mean they wont stand in the road to reach out and touch your bike and consider that assult....but yea....that's what i read....

Old 03-15-2007, 04:30 PM

We've already made reservations to go there this year - staying at the Punkin Center Motorcycle Resort in a "deluxe" cabin. We'll be there from July 28th to the 31st if anyone is interested in meeting up.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-15-2007, 07:11 PM

I live 2 hours away, but I haven't been yet. I REALLY want to go, so if anyone wants to get a group to go, PM me!

Old 03-15-2007, 07:24 PM

lets start a thread about it we can set a time and date, takes me about 30 to 45 minutes to get there

Old 03-15-2007, 07:53 PM

I am going the first summer after I get out of the military.

Old 03-15-2007, 08:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Sproutf3

i read somethign about deals gap that i found interesting, technically its a state/national park so regular city county police arent supposed to be able to give ticket's.....doenst mean they wont stand in the road to reach out and touch your bike and consider that assult....but yea....that's what i read....
lol not tru regardless or not if state park or national if its in the jurisdiction they can ticket whoever. only reason i know is cuz i work for the police and asked them if officers and state pd can give tickets and they said by all means they can without doubt

Old 03-15-2007, 09:09 PM

I will be there for the 5th time on april 18th till the 22nd. I have never seen any cops there only when you hit the open stretch on the tenn side ofter the tail is over. Most of the time they are cool if your being safe about what your doing. I have gotten my time down to about 16 minutes start to finish. But rumor has it official timing is from the resort to the end and back divided by 2

Quick Reply: Deals gap