F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Where Da Deals At?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think you guys will enjoy this!

Alright guys, I just wanted to test the waters and see how much response I will get back from this so I'm not just wasting my time .

So here's the thing. Back when I was on the other forum (the dark side...they had cookies), when I owned a Ninja, I used to post a monthly or weekly (depending on how giddy I was lol) thread on the best deals I could find on eBay pertaining to my ride. Occasionally I would throw in some other websites but eBay was the primary one.

I based the deals price advantage and also seller. Needless to say I wasn't referring someone who had a -3000 rating lol.

I feel as if I have began to prove myself in the forum (hopefully ) and even though I haven't reached the OFFICIAL 100, I still feel like I can provide some decent information.

1)Even though I enjoy trooping eBay for good offers, is this something you guys would look forward to seeing?
2)To the Mods - Is this something that I can do here? or would this be frowned upon. I don't want to cross any lines because I love the community here and I don't want to do that.

Thank you guys for reading this, lol I know it's long but I had to explain lol.

Last edited by donnygeewebb; 12-30-2011 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Misleading title
Old 12-30-2011, 12:45 PM

I said pertaining to my ride but I meant it like I will be posting up the best parts i find on ebay that are for a CBR 600 F4i for you guys to buy. Let me know what you all think!

Old 12-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a sticky thread for posting experiences with eBay sellers. And if you don't have experience with a seller to give feedback for, one has to wonder why you would promote their auctions? do you offer compensation for buyers who encounter a bad experience based on your recommendations? i can appreciate a 'heads up' on unique little-known web deals once in a while, but considering ebay's (craigslist, etc.) already extensive searchability and the information already available I don't usually consider people telling me what's for sale on ebay of much value.

that said, i don't automatically poo-poo the idea based on my own opinion, as i don't assume everyone shops or uses the internet the same way i do. however, as you've already mentioned there is the immediate issue of the rules concerning your membership status, for which there are no exceptions; and i defer to any additional opinions, interpretations or concerns from the other site administration about your proposal.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:51 PM

I don't offer any compensation because it I am not in part with the dealer of the said item. I just simply posted some things from eBay that I feel as if I could not get any better deal. I based the posts on their rating and that was the bottom line. I was just promoting the items that I, myself, would buy if I needed them. Some people don't feel all to well with purchasing things with eBay, and when I wasn't used to it I would look for other people to recommend things that I should buy (i.e price advantage, returns, return fees, seller feedbac, etc.)

Like I said earlier didn't want to step over any boundaries and if need be I can wait till the legendary 100 lol. It's not a big deal. I was just seeing what kind of response I would get from others and the mods so thanks for your reply!

Old 12-30-2011, 01:51 PM
Default e-bay, craigslist

I might mind you posting good deals. What if you tell somebody to buy a good deal out from under me just cause I'm poorer and am in the process of saving up! Then I would get pissed. Just kidding (mostly).

Old 12-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Smile

Originally Posted by podunkian
I might mind you posting good deals. What if you tell somebody to buy a good deal out from under me just cause I'm poorer and am in the process of saving up! Then I would get pissed. Just kidding (mostly).
lol If that ever became a common issue I would stop. lol nobody likes that.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll give you all the cookies you want if you find a good deal on spark plugs (NGK IMR9A-9H) make sure you PM me and whatever you do, DONT post it up!

Old 12-30-2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Sick97SS
I'll give you all the cookies you want if you find a good deal on spark plugs (NGK IMR9A-9H) make sure you PM me and whatever you do, DONT post it up!
I PM'd. Let me know how those work out for you

Old 12-31-2011, 02:41 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeti man has it right.(as usual)

The members here are generally quite able to find deals for themselves without an ongoing list of what's on sale..

if need be I can wait till the legendary 100 lol
This has less to do with your post count than what is seen as appropriate on the Forum as a whole.
We don't allow continual links to other sites. The odd one now and again based on personal purchases is allowable, but ongoing links - no, sorry. There are good reasons for that - we have just had a link to another site change, to an inappropriate alternative site . The member concerned then had to go back through all his posts and remove the link he had used........ not a fun way to spend your time.....
The sponsors who pay our bills would also probably not be too happy........
So to answer your questions
Is this something that I can do here? No.
or would this be frowned upon. Yes.
But thanks for asking - your public spirited-ness is noted.

Old 12-31-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow
Yeti man has it right.(as usual)

The members here are generally quite able to find deals for themselves without an ongoing list of what's on sale..

if need be I can wait till the legendary 100 lol
This has less to do with your post count than what is seen as appropriate on the Forum as a whole.
We don't allow continual links to other sites. The odd one now and again based on personal purchases is allowable, but ongoing links - no, sorry. There are good reasons for that - we have just had a link to another site change, to an inappropriate alternative site . The member concerned then had to go back through all his posts and remove the link he had used........ not a fun way to spend your time.....
The sponsors who pay our bills would also probably not be too happy........
So to answer your questions
Is this something that I can do here? No.
or would this be frowned upon. Yes.
But thanks for asking - your public spirited-ness is noted.
No worries. I just wanted to ask to make sure. It's all good!