Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Morning Dose of gore for those that think it won't happen to them.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 09:35 AM
June 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBomb
yeah, i think the hatchback was just pulling out to block him from passing, i doubt he meant to clip him and send him under the truck

i hate seeing this stupidity on the roads
Yeah it didn't look like he would have been able to make the pass... maybe he was going to try passing the truck until he got nailed from behind by a bike, saving the cagers from a head on collision.

Viewing the article I think its BS that more wasn't mentioned about why the car swerved in front of him to begin with. Not to say the riders weren't reckless as well.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:44 AM

Looks to me like the car killed him on purpose. I'd like to see the guy in the car go away for murder

Old 06-19-2009, 10:56 AM

Are those the US equivelant of double yellows? I've never seen that kind of marking on the road.

Old 06-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Banned

Falqon, i was wondering the same thing, but i would like to see the guy in the car get some time for vehicular manslaughter or something along those lines cause to me it looked intentional.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:09 PM

It looks to me like the guy in the hatchback was going to pass the guy in front of him and didn't bother looking behind him to see if he was being passed. Here in Indiana I believe that constitutes an unsafe lane change. And if he was going even 1 mph over the speed limit technically he is just as at fault for that accident as the rider. Regardless of how fast the rider is going.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by tkrizzy
Falqon, i was wondering the same thing, but i would like to see the guy in the car get some time for vehicular manslaughter or something along those lines cause to me it looked intentional.
I meant are those the equivelant of double yellow lines because if so the bikes had no business being on top of them.

I am sorry, that sucks and RIP but geez in Ga it's ALWAYS the person who hit the other guys bumper at fault and that makes sense.

Bottom line, ride in such a way that a sudden lane change won't kill you. If you can prevent it you don't give the car the ability to produce YOUR accident.

Old 06-29-2009, 04:47 AM

Damn... this is the worst thing i've seen for more than an year Horrible accident and I can't imagine to witness my best friends death like that... just ain't right.

Anyway why all they wrote about was "speeding", "dangerous overtakes" etc.. didn't the video show that it wasn't the riders fault? Yes he broke the limit with 30-40 miles but he didn't "run into" the van, the f***ing hatchback tried to overtake and didn't look in his mirror. I guess the court never looked through that prespective, they both broke the law - biker is speeding and the car is overtaking where it is not allowed... result = dead biker, as usual...

In my opinion the biker had no fault at all, we all break the laws sometimes but we try to not endanger anyone else... The driver of the car did kill a man, even if the biker wasn't speeding the result would have been the same, intentional or not the drivers actions directly caused a man to die and he should be punished. And yet they do nothing but give a ticket to the camera man...

Last edited by Mapa; 06-29-2009 at 04:52 AM.