Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Why does it happen to me?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why does it happen to me?

I swear no matter how much good i do i always get screwed in the end. Over the past 2 days my bike has been acting funny. So i go to test it today and bring the laptop down to hook up the Power Commander and see what my throttle reading was. Sure enough the throttle isnt sticking so i go for a test drive. All is good for about 20 mins and then the idle never wants to drop. It will just stay at 3-8K RPMs even with the clutch in. So i bring it home and change the oil cause who knows. Im due anyways.

I put the bike on the rear stand and brush my arm against the exhaust. FANTASTIC a massive blister. From here i take the wifes car to go get oil and come back home. I start changing the oil and cant get the filter off and i have lost my filter/wrench attachement. Its been about 30 mins since the bike was ran so i try my hand at the filter and the heat isnt bad at all. I keep trying to turn it and then i feel my hand like burst. I look at my hand and FANTASTIC A MASSIVE BLISTER. It was amazing how fast it went from nothing to EXPLOSION of swollen blister stuff. It felt really odd.

Anyways I go back to the store and as i make a left to the main road from my apartment driveway i hear a scrape and i look back just in time to see my laptop smack the ground and see it get run over by 6pm traffic. Right after i see it get ran over my wife calls saying the neighbors just saw me drive off with the latop ontop of the car. Well its to late now i told her. So i cant stop so i drive a mile to the turn around. By the time i get back to where it fell off someone has already stopped to pick it up! Seriously? Who the hell wants/saw/would do that?

Whats really crappy is i speed up through the apartment gate before it closed and also just barley made the light. If i had just slowed down for 3 seconds i would have had to stop at the red light, would have gotten the phone call from the wife, and would have been able to grab the laptop.

Anyways the oil change seems to have fixed the bike issue. Which is odd. 3000 miles of full synthetic and it was acting weird as hell. Well i gotta get ready for work/hell.

Hope your day is better than mine.

Oh yeah my headlight went out yesterday as well. SAAAWEEET

Old 10-06-2011, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gawd, that sounds horrible man.. sounds like you need a beer haha. hope there wasnt too much important stuff on that laptop

Old 10-06-2011, 04:08 AM
Track junkie & modaholic

that sucks about your laptop, sounds like you need a 6 pack about of four locos. YOu wont remember a thing about this day.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by CJardine
that sucks about your laptop, sounds like you need a 6 pack about of four locos. YOu wont remember a thing about this day.
Now i have been super drunk before and can drink a fair amount but the first time i had 2 four lokos back to back i dont remember a thing and passed out on the bathroom floor and pissed my pants. Since then i have stayed away from those. haha

Old 10-06-2011, 08:57 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Geezuz , now my lousy day yesterday feels not so damned bad.

Bummer Dude ...hope things get better.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You survived the day in one piece, that's a plus.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:33 AM
October 2011 ROTM

Chris that blows man. I am real sorry to hear about your crappy day. Hopefully today gets better. Hope your laptop wasn't too new/nice/expensive/important info on it.

I don't think the oil change is going to fix your throttle problem. Oil isn't going to make your bike rev high. IF anything it would slow it down as the crank has to travel though oil. The only things I can think of is the throttle, throttle cable or throttle bodies are getting hung up somewhere. Have to tried to disconnect your PC for a while to see if that fixes it.

Last edited by R Dub; 10-06-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:22 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I've always have to best respond on ones bad day...but this is a tough one. Let's see....lap top fell, it's meant for you to U turn around (chang your schedule) and avoid a more serious worst case scenario..... time for an iPad 2.....cheer up bro.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Chris that blows man. I am real sorry to hear about your crappy day. Hopefully today gets better. Hope your laptop wasn't too new/nice/expensive/important info on it.

I don't think the oil change is going to fix your throttle problem. Oil isn't going to make your bike rev high. IF anything it would slow it down as the crank has to travel though oil. The only things I can think of is the throttle, throttle cable or throttle bodies are getting hung up somewhere. Have to tried to disconnect your PC for a while to see if that fixes it.
Yeah the laptop had the next 3 weeks of my wifes school work on it so whoopsie.

We went and got a new one today so owell. Thank god for savings.

Anyways the oil change did fix my issue. I remember the first time i ran Castrol FS my bike started to hang up the day before i changed the oil but i thought it was outside temp related. I changed the oil since i was due and dont recall the issue happening again till just a few days ago. I was 300 miles shy of the 3k mark. So i changed the oil last night and start it back up and BAM my rpms are back to normal at idle. I take it for a 20 min test ride and it doesnt hang up again but it was cooler outside.

I took it out again today for a 70ish mile ride and i purposly try to recreate the issue i was having and it just wont happen. So the oil change in fact did fix the issue. Im not sure why or how but it did. I also measured the oil i took out of the bike last night and it was right around the 3qt mark so i wasnt running low. I wish i could explain it.

I refilled with Castrol FS again so if the RPMs start to hang in a few months and i change the oil and it stops i guess its something with that oil and my bike.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:54 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Well bro hopefully it remains fixed and glad it was easy for ya. Enjoy that new Laptop.

Quick Reply: Why does it happen to me?