Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Florida Riders watch out!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 02:06 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Florida Riders watch out!!

ORIGINAL: CBRCRF

ORIGINAL: havoc_on_2_wheels

wow reading this just makes another reason why im happy to live in cali owning a car sucks due to smog laws but owning a bike isnt that bad here , especially with lane spliting. i cant even imagine some of the other BS that you guys/gals have to deal with in other states.
I hear about people talking about the smog laws but I dont understand what they are. Whats the difference between Cali and other states? Washington is pretty laid back when it comes to cars and bikes.
cali has some of the toughest smog laws in the usa. im not sure why but the @$$holes at the C.A.R.B (california air resources board) decided that it would be fun to make hella stuff illegal and hard to pass. not to mention we have smog testes every year and when we sella vehicle. in certian cars are designated gross poluters and have to goto test only stations . we have smog check 2 which is even more of a pain than normal smog tests. the list goes on and on. i wont even get into why certian products are illegal and why it makes no sense... but im happy about living here and owning a bike !

Old 01-14-2007, 04:07 AM
Default RE: Florida Riders watch out!!

Trust me, fighting troopers, dmv, and the law is like trying to cut down the biggest tree in the forest with a herring. I had my gixxer sized by dmv and had a sh*t load of legal problems for more than 6 months, but I got all charges dropped after finally getting a lawyer and even losing more money all because of one wanna be cop had a grudge against me all because I started to ask questions since I had no idea what was going on.

I hate @ssholes, but generally like cops. Most of them are trying to do their jobs, but its the @sshole cops that **** me off cause you honestly can't do sh*t. You try to explain and they don't want to listen. The more assertive you become, the more pissed off they get and start throwing you the book and arrest you. The @ssholes are never down to earth and in the end, innocent civilians are the ones that always get hosed, not the 'criminals'.

Siezing bikes because someone maybe have remembered your plate number has so much wrong with that. A law like that could be abused so easily. Remember, cops are humans too and are still susceptible to corruption.

On another note, Charlotte had a sting operation on a group of street racers a few months ago. While people hate them, at the time of the sting, they were loitering at a parking lot at night doing nothing. The cops pulled up and started to seize any car with mis matching VIN #'s on the car and engine. They took some 20+ cars.

What really needs to be done in high motorcycle populated areas is education and restraint. Restrict the size of the cc to new riders, mandate the MSF course, educated the new motorcycle riders about the motorcycle when getting a permit or license. Perhaps business owners try to sell track day events like tickets to an amusement park at dmv. Someone should start a company where they operate a bus with a large enough trailer to haul a dozen bikes and offer a full package service of where they transport you + your bike to a track for a whole weekend or even a week as a vacation package. Like going to Disney world. Hotel and everything included.

Old 01-14-2007, 05:01 PM
Default Florida Riders watch out!! Plate flippin

Few years ago there was a guy that I met here in upstate NY thatdesigned and made his own flip plate switch. I think that it was calledFast Tags. He had a .com website butI tired to find his website but I didnt have any luck finding it. Maybe you guys could have better luck.

Old 01-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Default RE: Florida Riders watch out!! Plate flippin

is this it?
http://www.mannsmotorsports.com/fastags/