Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Florida Riders watch out!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 03:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Florida Riders watch out!!

Hey all I gotta put my 2 cent on this! I am a Law enforcement officer I am a Deputy Sheriff for one of the Counties here in Florida, on top of that I am also a member of our aggressive Traffic enforcement unit - i.e. unmarkedunit. This is the first I have heardor read about this. This must be more an Orlando kinda thing I am west of Orlando. I dont believe my Sheriff would allow the goof troopersto do this in his cuonty he already dis like themin our county. But I know 100% inmy county we dont chase sport bikes, unless they have just committed a serious felony (not running on a speedinginfraction)

My other concern with this thing the goof troops are attempting, perhaps someone barrows your bike how cantheycome after you, if you arent the rider?? I read one post who someone stated they will take the wrong bike and get a lawsuit.. if the goof troop see to many law suits that will come to a fast stop..

Old 01-10-2007, 04:12 AM

Very Nice, when you get a response (if you do) please let us know..

O and in reguards to the county or state thing all I meant by that is the goof troopers are split up they have different troops ie. troop C troops D etc.. and each troop has their own capt. <--Head GOOF!! So this Head goof incharge of lets say Troop B has no control on what troop C does.. If that makes any sense. I have a couple of Goof troops on my cell when I go back to work I will also look into this and try and find more out..

Old 01-10-2007, 06:17 AM

my only concern is what if I am on a day trip to Orlando some trooper spots my bike parked and somehow they think its one of probably many that ran from them.. I don't speed much (if you call going just a couple MPH over the lane of traffic then yes.) I definitely do not run and I don't stunt. all it takes according to this article is his word of it.

Old 01-10-2007, 12:07 PM

I don't run either. Period. I value my life and want to be there for my family. I do pull a wheelie here and there, maybe a standup, and definitely ride spirited through the twisties. I do this stuff on back country roads where no one is around. But I gotta agree with a previous poster on the fact that what if your a tourist and your bike is parked and they decide to invoke this process.

Holy ****, watch out bike week riders. Does the AMA know about this?

Old 01-10-2007, 03:33 PM

There was a time where any kind of motorvehicle was a good way to go to any place...now every thing everywere is REGULATED!

Old 01-10-2007, 03:59 PM
BB

Saw this interesting letter in the Orlando Sentinel regarding the story on sport bike seizure.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...ters-headlines

There was another article in today's paper that talked about requiring insurance for bikers (not currently required in Florida) Also one legislator is trying to get a bill passed to make motorcycle plates larger. What else will they think of??

Quick Reply: Florida Riders watch out!!