Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Florida Riders watch out!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Florida Riders watch out!!

Quote: Even an innocent motorcyclist will think twice about fighting an an unjust seizure since the felony charges carry jail time and a permanent black mark on more than just the driving record. End quote.

What the hell!!!!! Im ticked off and I dont even live if Florida. Thats a frickin joke! I would get arrested before I let them take my bike for no reason except suspicion of running with no proof but memory!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 04:19 PM

time for everyone down there to invest in plate-hiding switches.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:31 PM

im glad they cant really see my plate to good because of the fender eliminator i got. but just think about how close they have to be to u to see your plate in the first place (pretty damn close) and then u run?! Congrats, ur retarded. Ive been pulled over several times on bike going well over the speed limit and they just tell me to slow down and watch out for the cars.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:32 PM

Yeah, and here in Orlando, they just set out a team of sport bike rider police. Just like unmarked vehicles, but on bikes. They look like regular yahamas ans suzukis, but in the ducts turns and tail are equipt with police lights. Its starting to suck down here, especially since I left the force to go to school. I mean, I dont race anyone on the roads and I dont act like a insane retard, but once in a while when I get stuck behind the people going 40 in a 55 and its a No Passing Zone, I will floor it out of frustration after about 5 miles when it clears up. I mean, somehow, they are going to have to prove that the accused carried out a certain crime. They wont just be able to go to anyone house and pick up a bike because they "SAY" Joe Schmo did something and thats that, because believe me, the first time that happens, like stated before, it will be a HUGE lawsuit and will then be call the Flordia Joe Shcmo State Police Department, because they will be getting enough money and what not to own the department!!!

Old 01-09-2007, 04:43 PM

That's F'd up. I would fight it because there is no proof that you ran from them unless they snap a photo or video.

The number one part of a trial is Evidence and if there is none it would get dismissed.

Old 01-09-2007, 05:53 PM

evryone get one of those plate flipers and youll have nothing to worry about

Old 01-09-2007, 06:44 PM

Apparently, this is a "knee-jerk" reaction to a trooper that was killed a couple years ago, trying to catch-up to a speeding sport bike. The trooper was driving a Z28 cop car and blew a tire at 130 mph. So, now all sport bike riders are bad.

I learned this from a fellow Floridian rider on another forum.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:56 PM

Quote:Although police claim the confiscation policy is done to save the lives of innocent motorists, no automobile driver has been killed by a motorcyclist on the run. End quote.

Wouldnt a cop fall under this too?

Old 01-09-2007, 09:16 PM

thats pretty harsh, what'd you bikers do to **** off the state of FL?

Old 01-09-2007, 09:42 PM

I don't see how they can do this. What if you weren't on the bike when they got the tag # it could have been a friend on it at the time.

Quick Reply: Florida Riders watch out!!