Sights 'N Sounds This forum is for pics, vids, and sound clips pertaining to Motorcycles, Racing (Street/Strip), Interviews, etc.

Florida Riders watch out!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Florida Riders watch out!!

I do agree with the insurance. if an accident does happen the property damage that could result could save your wallet.
the larger plate........ not too sure. just how big do they want them and can they even be effective due to the fact that if a Biker runs they usually cant even get a color of the jacket they were wearing. I think the larger plate would become awkward and not to mention just how are we supposed to mount them? the solution is education these 18 yr old kids getting on a bike without learning how much their actions can effect the whole. now don't get me wrong its not all kids but majority wins in this case... my .02ยข

Old 01-10-2007, 05:02 PM
BB

I was told I had to have liability insurance so I bought it anyway since it only costs me less than $200/year. The paper said that an 18 year old on a YZF R6 pays like $5,800/year. I don't know what kind of insurance that's for, but geez. I'm 35, so maybe that's why I don't pay as much, but I can't imagine it's that much of a difference between the ages.

As far as the license plate, I assume they're talking about something similar to what you see in Europe. They're basically big square plates.

Old 01-10-2007, 07:01 PM

ORIGINAL: BB

Saw this interesting letter in the Orlando Sentinel regarding the story on sport bike seizure.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...ters-headlines

There was another article in today's paper that talked about requiring insurance for bikers (not currently required in Florida) Also one legislator is trying to get a bill passed to make motorcycle plates larger. What else will they think of??
I have been so bothered by this that I had to post a comment on thepage that the link goes to. I urge everyone else to do the same.

I don't think that insurance is a bad thing. I've always had it on my motorcycles, in case of theft or me damaging someone else's property. But, the State will probably come up with something ridiculous so they make money too.

Compulady5, I like the new avatar! I hope that you do get a response to that letter. I'm anxious to hear what they have to say.

Srob, I'm also anxious to hear with the "goof troopers" have to say.

Old 01-10-2007, 11:29 PM

I hate even thinking of this. I remember one day several years ago I woke up one morning got in my firebird and drove right through town and was pulled over in less than 2 miles of total driving. this county cop comes up to my windowyelling at me saying he saw me on the hwy and could not catch me but had me doing over 100mph on his gun. Shocked at this I told him I just woke up and just left my house. I even told him to look at the temp of the car (not even reading yet) he called me a liar and kept at it for some time. he let me go since he never had a plate and thankfully not any law like this!!! now if this was on my bike and in florda guess what THANKS for nothing usa[:'(]everyday we see more and more of this BS

Old 01-10-2007, 11:54 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

wow reading this just makes another reason why im happy to live in cali owning a car sucks due to smog laws but owning a bike isnt that bad here , especially with lane spliting. i cant even imagine some of the other BS that you guys/gals have to deal with in other states.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:49 PM

ORIGINAL: havoc_on_2_wheels

wow reading this just makes another reason why im happy to live in cali owning a car sucks due to smog laws but owning a bike isnt that bad here , especially with lane spliting. i cant even imagine some of the other BS that you guys/gals have to deal with in other states.
I hear about people talking about the smog laws but I dont understand what they are. Whats the difference between Cali and other states? Washington is pretty laid back when it comes to cars and bikes.

Old 01-11-2007, 02:00 PM

Everything is.. We're not such a free country anymore.
We are a country ran by greed and scandelism,America is not "free" at all and hasn't been for hundreds of years.[:'(]

BUT, there are worse places to live I am sure.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:03 PM

ORIGINAL: bushmasterAR15

Everything is.. We're not such a free country anymore.
We are a country ran by greed and scandelism,America is not "free" at all and hasn't been for hundreds of years.[:'(]

BUT, there are worse places to live I am sure.
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 PM

F--k Florida not trying to hyjack this post but check this out...
http://www.givethemback.com/

Old 01-11-2007, 09:59 PM

You against a trooper. you might not win.
BUT on the other hand whenyour lawyer sends them a nice written letter with $25 words,
it suddenly becomes a diffrent story.

These laws are becoming outrageous soon or later this has to stop.

Quick Reply: Florida Riders watch out!!