Road Trips Post up your road trips here!

Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bikes in St Antinien without panniers for a change, lol.

Toboggan run in Germany. We paid about $12 to go up the mountain in a ski lift and then come down a toboggan run on rails that took ages and scared the **** out of us. I refused to use the brakes which probably didn't help, lol.

Black forest gateau eaten in the black forest, Germany

Me and Chris playing the age old game of "Who can hold onto the electric fence the longest", lol. Didn't really hurt enough so we both gave up

Chris's boots fell apart on the trip and ended up held together with duct tape

Next instalment coming soon

Attached Thumbnails Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-28-bikes-st-antonien.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-29-toboggan-run-germany.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-31-electric-fence-germany.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-32-chriss-boots.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-30-black-forest-gateau.jpg  

Old 08-22-2010, 03:37 AM

Yer making me insanely envious Gaz!!! I bet you felt knackered after doing all those hairpins

Old 08-22-2010, 07:49 AM

Gaz on the pic where you are crossing the river, The lad in the yellow T-shirt looks like Valentino Rossi's younger brother.

thats a big souvinere to bring back from the 46 fan club lol.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ilson Lad
Yer making me insanely envious Gaz!!! I bet you felt knackered after doing all those hairpins
We were real knackered on the way up the Gavia pass coz the road was only one lane wide like a farm track in places and we had high gearing for the motorways, which meant we were slipping the clutches and worried we wouldn't make the climb, lol.

Stopped for food up the Gavia pass before the clouds rolled in.

Same place 5 minutes later when the clouds rolled in, eek!

We didn't fancy riding hairpins with no visibility so we waited a few minutes and set off again with a clear view

Just a couple of photos of the many Stelvio pass hairpins

You don't have to be crazy to ride this road.........but it helps, lol.

More below,

Attached Thumbnails Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010721-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010725-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010729-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010757-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010758-medium-.jpg  

Old 08-22-2010, 08:13 AM

Banner of Rossi's 100 wins that's up in Tavullia where his fan club is.

Clare being all arty with a shot of the back of my helmet.

Young love at lake Garda. Gra and Sue who've been married for about 20 years, lol.

Yes, this is actually a street in Antibes, France (where we had breakfast on an earlier post)

Clare being arty again with the cathedral in Florences square,Italy. sorry i can't remember it's name.

More to come later

Gaz

Attached Thumbnails Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010020-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010043-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010072-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010126-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010276-medium-.jpg  

Old 08-22-2010, 09:26 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

EXCELLENT ........... what a great trip you Guys had ........ more more

That is how it's done .......... green with envy !

Duomo in Florence

Last edited by Sprock; 08-22-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Dadarob
Gaz on the pic where you are crossing the river, The lad in the yellow T-shirt looks like Valentino Rossi's younger brother.

thats a big souvinere to bring back from the 46 fan club lol.
I think the kid said something like "Spero che egli cade in acqua"

A storm comes to get us, looked like the end of the world, lol.

It bucketed down for about half an hour so we took refuge at a supermarket and had lunch

Then a rainbow appeared, appartently these stumpy rainbows have a special name but i don't know what it is off the top of my head. Answers by email to whogivesacrap@hotmail.com :P

Venice by night

The lads take a dip in lake Garda, ok, i guess you'd prefer to see the ladies next?

I'm sure i can find some of the ladies bathing if i try hard enough, lol........... coming soon

Attached Thumbnails Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010326-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010328-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010330-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010525-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010587-medium-.jpg  

Old 08-22-2010, 07:47 PM

A few lighthearted pics

Claire decides to take a dip but Sue soaks her before she can even get in, lol.

Clare gets in even though she didn't bring a swimsuit

Claire is gonna kill me for this one, but if she insists on weeing in the lake she deserves it, lol. She wasn't really relieving herself, but it looks like it I was right, she said i have to remove it, lol. If you missed it, it's gone now i'm afraid

Claire tries to do a Jorge Lorenzo jump off the top podium step at the top of the Stelvio pass.

But i think my Clare has been practicing, how good is this jump? lol.

Some nice pics of old buildings etc from Venice next i think, coming soon

Attached Thumbnails Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010618-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010627-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010772-medium-.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-p1010777-medium-.jpg  

Last edited by NoBrains01; 08-24-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW! I'm speechless mate, except to say WOW! again.

Old 08-22-2010, 10:13 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW! I'm speechless mate, except to say WOW! again.
Exactly. What an awesome trip. I feel like hopping on a plane and renting a bike when I get there.

Quick Reply: Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)