Road Trips Post up your road trips here!

Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)

Hi Guys,

We're back from the Europetour now so i thought i'd post some pics. We've got over a thousand pics and videos all together but i'll just post a few for now as i don't want to bore you to death, lol.

For anyone that doesn't know, we went from Liverpool, England, right through France from Calais to Toulon, St Tropez, Cannes, Monaco, Genova, Pisa, Florence, Rimini, Venice including Lido island, Lake Garda, Glorenza, A tiny corner of Austria, Over the Swiss alps to St Antonien Switzerland, Black Forrest Germany, Luxembourge, Belgium and back into France to come home. We also visited Valentino Rossi's home town and birthplace along the way

At the Ferryport at Calais, France.

Claire asleep on the way down through France

First stop in France, wearing the Cbr tour shirts we had made

From left to right. My girlfriend Clare, Chris (Chrimbow),his girlfriend Claire, Sue (Gra's wife) Gra (GMC) and myself, Gaz (NoBrains)

Curling in a supermarket, lol. Chris polishing the floor for me to push Claire faster

Next below.........

Attached Thumbnails Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-ferryport-calais.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-claire-asleep-way-through-france.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-first-stop-france.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-dinner-france.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-2-curling-supermarket.jpg  

Last edited by NoBrains01; 08-21-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:50 AM

Parked up in Antibes, France, ready for breakfast

Bringing the tone down in Monaco, lol.

Me and my MCN newspaper at Pisa.

The only breakdown, a flat battery, lol. Taken out of the hotel window in Florence.

Michael Angelo's David, also what we called our private parts for the rest of the trip :P

More.....

Attached Thumbnails Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-3-breakfast-antibes.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-4-monaco.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-5-mcn-pisa.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-6-breakdown-florence.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-7-michael-angelos-david.jpg  

Last edited by NoBrains01; 08-21-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:02 PM

It seems to be the done thing to sticker up the signs on mountain passes to say you've been

Valentino Rossi's Birthplace, Urbino, Italy.

The beautiful walled town of Urbino.

Outside Rossi's fan club at Tavullia, Italy.

The bridge to Venice, Italy

More to come but i have to go to work so will post later or tomorrow

Gaz

Attached Thumbnails Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-8-stickers-pass.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-9-urbino.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-10-urbino-walls.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-11-rossi-fan-club.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-12-venice-bridge.jpg  

Last edited by NoBrains01; 08-21-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

OUTSTANDING !!!!
KEEP 'EM COMING..................
Ps we all want to buy CBR1000F shirts too.............

Old 08-21-2010, 01:34 PM

Fantastic stuff Gaz Did you manage to ride over the Millau Viaduct at all? (Thats one Id love to do)

Old 08-21-2010, 01:37 PM

WOW Gaz them pics look great they make you just want to get the bike out and go for Europe, inspiering!!!

+1 keep them coming (not boring anyone)

Old 08-21-2010, 11:46 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 to what everyone else said.
Truly an inspiring trip, Gaz. Keep those pics coming! I could look at pics for hours.... definitely not boring.

Old 08-22-2010, 12:36 AM

Thanks for the great comments guys. More pics below

Didn't manage to do the Millau Viaduct as it's further west than we went. looks great though

Me and Clare doing the famous Titanic pose, or not, lol.

The road down to lake Garda with one of many hairpins.

The hotel we stayed in at garda (blue and yellow) was so close to the lake if you rolled out of bed you got wet

Sunset over lake Garda.

The triplets waiting for their panniers to be added before leaving Garda

Next

Attached Thumbnails Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-13-lido-ferry-titanic.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-14-down-garda.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-15-hotel-garda.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-16-sunset-over-garda.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-17-ready-pack-up-garda.jpg  

Old 08-22-2010, 12:46 AM

The fabulously coloured Lago Di Tenno, just north of lake Garda.

Clare and Claire at Graun, what's left of the sunken town just north of Glorenza in Italy.

There's always one idiot that has to cross the hard way, that would be me then, lol.

Up in the clouds in the alps.

Coldest tunnel in the world i reckon. We all went from sunshine to instant shivers.

Next

Attached Thumbnails Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-18-lago-di-tenno.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-19-ladies-graun.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-20-me-graun.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-21-clouds-alps.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-22-coldest-tunnel-ever.jpg  

Old 08-22-2010, 12:55 AM

Sat nav showing 10 hairpins ahead on the Stelvio Pass :O

Middle of summer and still a bit of snow in the background

Just one of the many pics taken up the Stelvio pass.

Stelvio pass hairpins below us. 14 on the way up and 49 on the way down if we counted right (they're numbered)

On the way to St Antonien in Switzerland

More below.......

Attached Thumbnails Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-23-sat-nav.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-24-snow-mountains.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-25-stelvio-pass.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-26-stelvio-pass-hairpins.jpg   Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)-27-way-st-antonien.jpg  

Quick Reply: Rockin' Europe Old Skool Pics (Europetour)