Road Trips Post up your road trips here!

CBR Forum get together Spring 2010!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CBR Forum get together Spring 2010!

Hi all! After some discussion that most of you would have already seen, we've managed to schedule a little weekend get-together for May 14-16 in Tellico Plains, TN. This is the town that lies at the far end (from the Deal's Gap perspective) of the Cherohala Skyway. We're staying at Hunt's Lodge www.huntslodge.com and, well...you should come along!

Note that while of course anyone is more than welcome, this is sort-of an oldster (bikes, not people) CBR thang...our 'Hurricane' forum is the only place it's being talked about. I just bring that up because we might have some folks who aren't interested in a weekend of 21 year-olds on CBR1000RR's terrorizing the area. This is gonna be a low-key thing, probably under 10 people, and not a giant post-teen hooligan fest (as far as you know ).

So make a plan, post up, and come on out! The campground is a really great place to hang out after a long day of riding, the riding in that whole area is of course is awesome, and the company will be great too.

If you've never ridden at Deal's gap, or the Skyway, or in general in that area, come out for sure.

I'm planning on getting to the campground on that Thursday night, and I think some folks aren't getting in until Friday, or even Saturday. So post up your plans...see you there!

Old 02-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cant say for sure now but will def try to at least make it up to meet folks

Old 02-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm in, Dave.
I reserved a cabin for 3 for that Fri/Sat night and I'm planning on sharing it with Mark (and one more if they want/need it).
I spoke to Lori down at the lodge last friday and you're right..... a very nice woman.
I'm looking forward to it.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:55 PM

If I wasn't doing week long trips in April and June, I'd consider it

Old 02-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking 10 4

Originally Posted by kilgoretrout
I'm in, Dave.
I reserved a cabin for 3 for that Fri/Sat night and I'm planning on sharing it with Mark (and one more if they want/need it).
I spoke to Lori down at the lodge last friday and you're right..... a very nice woman.
I'm looking forward to it.

Yep ............I'm there it's only 1047 miles (16 hrs) from here to there .....should
make it down in very little time.
Thanks for setting up the arrangements there Dylan

Link to Google Map "Street View".....wait 3 seconds

Last edited by Sprock; 02-04-2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02-03-2010, 08:45 PM

Wish I could be there, but I'm like 6.000 miles away
Enjoy the ride and I'm looking forward too see pics of the cbr's on the Dragon!!

Old 02-03-2010, 11:47 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

I'm also about 6,000 miles away , but if I can rent a SPORTS BIKE! I may be able to pay a visit for a day , which would of course be total torture , but hey! It's better than nothing!!! But no-way am I gonna' do it on a Harley! Can't find anything else to rent).

Old 02-04-2010, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
I'm also about 6,000 miles away , but if I can rent a SPORTS BIKE! I may be able to pay a visit for a day , which would of course be total torture , but hey! It's better than nothing!!! But no-way am I gonna' do it on a Harley! Can't find anything else to rent).
Harleys, Goldwings, other cruisers and maybe dualsports will be all you will find to rent. The reasons being is insurance reasons lol.

Old 02-04-2010, 01:20 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
Harleys, Goldwings, other cruisers and maybe dualsports will be all you will find to rent. The reasons being is insurance reasons lol.
**** looks like I'm hoping for a lottery win on this one boys , how come I can hire a '**** hot' sports bike in London , but not in the US? I'd be more likely to crash out on a cruiser riding the dragon , than on a Sports Bike any day

Last edited by hawkwind; 02-04-2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:38 AM

Originally Posted by hawkwind
**** looks like I'm hoping for a lottery win on this one boys , how come I can hire a '**** hot' sports bike in London , but not in the US? I'd be more likely to crash out on a cruiser riding the dragon , than on a Sports Bike any day
true, but most of the crusier crashes just end up with a few scratches. When a sportbike crashes there your lucky if its just scratches lol.

Quick Reply: CBR Forum get together Spring 2010!