Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Racing 2010

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:46 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

man, if thats true, thank god. he needed to get away from that kawi in WSBK, that was killin' him. why not him though, you know? he's already confirmed to be a wild card at indy, so he has the pace, and who else would leave middle of season where ever they're at (unless its such a bad team like hayden's)

he settled for that team for one reason, to learn the tracks in europe. his placement on that kawi team was in no way a showing of his true skill

Last edited by Conrice; 07-20-2010 at 09:55 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JB, I saw it also... He is replacing DePuniet for Laguna & it appears he will go to Moto2 at Indy.

Hayden's upgrade to MotoGP now comes in advance of his planned appearance in Moto2 aboard a Honda America-backed Moriwaki at the Indianapolis GP in August. That team is to be managed by Texas legend Kevin Schwantz and it is anticipated that Schwantz will be a key advisor to Hayden in the LCR garage during the Laguna Seca weekend.

Old 07-22-2010, 02:06 PM

Does anyone have the MotoGP race from Catalunya this year? I have all the races except that one, and i cant find it anywhere. I saw the 125 and moto2 races at Catalunya but not the GP race. I even have the Sachsenring race, but cant find the one from Catalunya :-/

Old 07-23-2010, 09:21 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I missed a lot of races this year...

Old 07-24-2010, 11:27 AM

Just in case no one is watching,

The last few AMA supersport races have been rediculous. I'm actually starting to like it more than the WSBK. Still things don't seem like they should be, but its much better than when the new owners first took over. Its a lot like watching the old motogp 250 class. Superbike is getting better as well. Tommy Hayden is doing great this year.

If you've let your priority of watching it slip, you may want to start tuning in.

I was also extremely impressed with Rossi. I can't beleive he came back so soon and did as well as he did. Not worth the risk IMHO, but holy crap it was impressive.

I hadn't heard of Roger Hayden coming to MotoGP as a wild card. That is awesome. He needs to get on a good bike with a good team. The guy has amazing talent that has been able to be shown. The only downside, being on non competitive bikes for a few years now, he may have lost some of his talent along the way.

Now all we need is tommy to go to MotoGP all 3 brothers racing in the same series again would flat out awesome!!

Im still curious what Spies will be doing. Anyone heard?

Last edited by justasquid; 07-24-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:48 PM

I had a lot going on...and when Comcast switched me to digital, I couldn't use my PVR anymore and they never shipped their DVR to me. So I changed zip codes, dropped Comcast, picked up Verizon and now I get SPEED HD (nyce).

Old 07-26-2010, 09:02 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by justasquid
Just in case no one is watching,

The last few AMA supersport races have been rediculous. I'm actually starting to like it more than the WSBK. Still things don't seem like they should be, but its much better than when the new owners first took over. Its a lot like watching the old motogp 250 class. Superbike is getting better as well. Tommy Hayden is doing great this year.

If you've let your priority of watching it slip, you may want to start tuning in.

I was also extremely impressed with Rossi. I can't beleive he came back so soon and did as well as he did. Not worth the risk IMHO, but holy crap it was impressive.

I hadn't heard of Roger Hayden coming to MotoGP as a wild card. That is awesome. He needs to get on a good bike with a good team. The guy has amazing talent that has been able to be shown. The only downside, being on non competitive bikes for a few years now, he may have lost some of his talent along the way.

Now all we need is tommy to go to MotoGP all 3 brothers racing in the same series again would flat out awesome!!

Im still curious what Spies will be doing. Anyone heard?
i agree, WSBK and World supersport are losin' out.

my fav. is as follows
1) MotoGP
2) Moto2
3) AMA supersport (600's)
4) AMA superbike (1000's)
5) Moto 125
6) WSBK
7) World supersport

as far as spies, they're keeping it quiet. there's always the rumors and what not, but i think he will probably move to fiat. after they make rossi's leaving official, im sure you'll officially hear what spies is doing. if rossi leaves Fiat, there is absolutely no one that would be a better replacement for him other than spies.

i'm actually kind of worried about nicky... nothing is set in stone for next season with ducati, and he's starting to trail off as the season goes on and on. i really hope him and rossi get the chance to work together again, and develop the 1000cc bike for 2012 (im sure whatever team rossi is on will have the best 1000 in '12). (for hayden's sake, thank god he finished in front of spies)

haven't heard about whats happenin to jeremy burgess (if he's going with rossi to ducati or not).

and i hope colin edwards stays in GP (rumors are saying he's going to WSBK tho)

roger lee did an amazing job just bringin' the bike home at laguna...finished 11th. he's been on WSBK, then tested on a moto2 for a few days at indy, then had 2 days to learn the motogp bike for laguna all in the same week. thats a lot of bikes for a racer in that short amount of time.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:25 PM

My list is:
1. MotoGP
2. Moto 2
3. WSS
4. WSBK
5. AMA DS
6. AMA ASBK
7. Moto125

Not sure why... but to me, the 600s have more competitive races than the 1Ks. I also like the Moto & World series, because there are all the manufactors racing unlike AMA its pretty much Suzuki & Yahmaha.
As for riders, I do think Rossi will head to Ducati & it only makes sense that Spies moves up. Nicky, I feel will do better on the 1K bike, but like you (Conrice) said he's on the bubble...

Last edited by CYCDUP; 07-27-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:44 PM

I am also worried about Hayden's future. I don't think he is doing as well as Ducati wants, and like already said, he seems to not be improving, at least not at the same rate as everyone else is. I don't think he's gotten worse, but everyone else is just getting better at a faster rate. Hopefully, his work ethic will get him another year with them. It would be awesome for them to work together again. I know Hayden Respects Rossi, but more importantly for Hayden, Rossi has a great deal of respect for Hayden. If Rossi has any input for who his teammate is, Im sure he will have nothing but praise for Hayden, and it may help him stick around another year to help develop the bike.

Anyone esle catch the return of Duhamel in AMA Superbike? And on a Ducati... he placed last, which I thought he would, but it was cool to see the old dog out on the track again. I've watched Duhamel for such a long time, brought back good memories... aside from the Ducati thing..

Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 AM

I really liked Duhamel. Had no idea when he'd retire...I guess he really didn't just faded away when Am Honda left the scene.

Quick Reply: Racing 2010