Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Racing 2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 10:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that the EUropean riders are groomed more to transition to WSBK or MotoGP. No there are 2 MotoGP races & 1 WSBK race in the US, might help some. I think all the teams know it would take a year at least to learn the tracks. Traveling I think the riders could adjust if they are mentally ready to go to that level. I had a job where I traveled all over the world every 2 weeks for the most part. Yeah, sometimes jet lag will get the best of ya, but I'm sure they fly 1st class & stay in the nicest hotels. So, if ya want it, it comes with the JOB...

Also my heart goes out to Shoya Tomizawa (Moto2) and Peter Lenz (Redbull GP) who lost their lives doing the sport we love.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

ya, ive been on youtube watchin some of the peter lenz and shoya tomizawa stuff. there is some really good stuff out there, makes you realize how good they were and were going to be.

i have to put in my .02 about moto2 though. we all know that time between pole and 30th is a second, but you have to love a scrap in racing to do good there. look at the points. who is dominating? tony --- and its a commanding lead. he's on the same bike, and he's not always pole. if ianonne gets out in front at the start, its over, he'll pull away (even though he's a bigger guy and he's on the same bike essentially).

roger's problem is that he's been riding in WSBK on a team with almost no funds, he can't explain to the mechanics what he wants out of the bike, and he's been doing a whole bunch of testing for moto2, motogp, and other stuff. yet, he's still ahead of his teammate. i think that if he were to go to moto2, he'd be great once he got settled. i think the haydens as a whole, don't do good with just riding whatever it is on any given day, but once they get settled, they're amazing. look at nicky, he didn't do anything at repsol his first year, fast forward a bit he win's the championship. they switch to 800cc, he doesn't do anything, fast forward a bit, he's been more consistent than casey stoner this year. the same goes for his older brother tommy, look at his career. roger didn't have that good of a showing in any race this year, but he's vastly improved as the year has worn on in WSBK. he did pretty well at indy considering that bad wreck he was in on the first lap of the race. the kid is a warrior, he's lost a finger, he has a bad hip, and he's still fighting it out in a tough class.

Old 09-20-2010, 06:48 AM

Very impressed with Hayden. He finally showed some *****!!!.... good stuff. I hope he continues riding well and carries it over to next year when he teams up with Rossi.

Man I wish they still covered the interviews. I would love to hear what he had to say about the race.

Spies did a great job as well.

Cal Crutchlow will be teaming up with Edwards for tech 3.

Last edited by justasquid; 09-20-2010 at 06:54 AM.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 AM

Yeah, I was proud to see Nicky finally get a podium. I hope this will boost his confidence to maybe even get a win. PLUS!!! if Lorenzo keeps slip'n Repsol might get another title.... Yeah I know the masses hate Pedrosa... LOL!!! Stoner I hope is also getting back to form too...

Old 09-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

YYYAAAAA NICKY!!!! WOOOO... and as for the spies/dovi battle, in the last few laps when they kept swapping from on boards to the track commercials, that was some of the most intense riding i've seen. goood stuff. stoner is going to be just like pedrosa when he gets on the honda, because he's so light, and he'll be better in the fact that he's just a better rider than pedrosa IMO. i was surprised by how bad rossi was doin'.

i'm glad cal got confirmed for tech3. im glad he didn't go to moto2, he would have been swallowed up by that.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:26 PM

i was surprised by how bad rossi was doin'.
Yeah, I am too, but then again, Im not... On one hand, Rossi is not the type of rider to slip the way he has after his crash. On the other hand, he is still injured, and he has absolutely no chance for the championship. With that in mind, i think he is just buying his time until the end of the year. Anything he does for the rest of the year, doesn't really matter, since he will be riding a different bike next year. Things he adjusts to now, won't play at all next year. So, he can't win, he won't get any feedback for next year, so why push it and risk another injury... He is better off to ride decent, and recover fully before pushing too hard.

Also, I think he came back too soon. I think his desire to compete got the better of him. walking to your bike with a cane and because you can't put pressure on your leg, is not a good way to go. Plus, its not even his leg, its his shoulder, which wasn't the big concern before, but perhaps the doctors (and doctor), misjudged how serious his shoulder was.

having said that. His poor performance is most others great performances. Most other riders placing in the top ten are good rides. Rossi's taking it easy is still phenominal. I really look for him to be back in full form on the Ducati. I don't know that he will place well being his first year on it, but I bet by the end of the season, he will be winning on the Duc.

keeps slip'n Repsol might get another title.... Yeah I know the masses hate Pedrosa... LOL!!!
I think Lorenzo is a fantastic rider, but the Yamaha is so good because of Rossi. Rossi is the one that turned that team around and gave them a winning bike. I don't know that with Rossi somewhat withdrawn, and not really trying on the Yamaha, if Lorenzo will be as good. Luckily for Yamaha, Spies will be there next year and the two should be in contention all next season.

As for Pedrosa. I still don't like him. However, my stance on him is changing just a bit. I think he has been humbled, and is starting to become a more respectable rider. His interviews are certainly better, he doesn't seem nearly as cocky as he was before.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:31 PM
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

EVERYBODY has there ups and downs, even gifted athletes and professionals such as Rossi. Look at Tiger Woods...He'll be back with a vengence though. So will Rossi.

Old 09-21-2010, 06:22 AM

Yes the Doctor is hurt, but I think by end of this season, he will ride hard not for points, but for PRIDE!!! He still can build upon his legacy, with WINS... So I think he'll do better for that reason alone.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:04 AM

AMA:
- Barber Last race of the season this weekend. Who will be crowned the Champion?
- Daytona Sportbike rider Melissa Paris broke her leg & will not ride in Barber.
- 2011 Daytona 200 will return to day racing.

Old 09-26-2010, 12:03 AM

Josh Hayes will win for Daytona Superbike.
Hayden could potentially upset, but it would require Hayes to basically not show up. Hayes hasn't made too many mistakes this year, and I don't think he will make any now. Its just a shame it took Bostrom all season to get up to speed. It would have made a much closer race this year.

For Daytona Sportbike, I look for Eslick or Herrin to come away with it. However, it seems like Eslick's bike has been way down on power compared to the other bikes. Its pretty noticable in any straight away. But, Eslick is a pretty die hard rider, Herrin wants it really bad, considering he should have been the winner last year when he had to compete with the unfair advantage of the Buell. PLus, he should be in the lead right now if he didn't have those few offs that he has had. I don't think Cardinez will pull it off. Anytime there is pressure, he seems to crash. But, its extremely hard to call, since any of the top 8 guys could win the race and make things interesting.

Quick Reply: Racing 2010