Road Racing Tell your stories here.

Racing 2010

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CYCDUP
BadS1, I hear you... I saw an interview where Jordan says he puts about $5 Million into his team, I am Sure Yosh/Suzuki probablly doubles that. Then the regular Joe Smoe, has a few $1K to use. So that won't change. But I do hope it improves. I would say most of the season, SuperSport has been more exciting.

As for MotoGP... Yeah, not sure what's up with Nicky. But as he said in his interview he has to do better to not get over looked. I mean to be in the top 5 is good, but people only remeber WINNERS. So he needs to get on top of the box, even though when he won the Championship he only won 3 times. So is it the tires, bike or him???

To my understanding Yosh has close to 30 million a year invested. Sounds insane but thats factory. Jordan is at 4 million this past season. OMG what a difference.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:47 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by justasquid
After watching MotoGP today, I can't seem to think of a reason why Hayden uses a soft front when everyone else uses a medium or hard. Every race that Hayden has used a soft compound, he runs well for the first half of the race, then his tires start to fail, and he fades fast. Everyone else gets better as the race goes on. His riding style abuses tires, so why on earth use a soft tire? Especially when other riders who don't abuse tires as much, are using harder compounds. You could see him loosing touch in ever corner and had to play catch up on the straights.

not really complaining.... just don't understand why. I would have to imagine the feeling you get from the soft would be completely gone by mid race, and the harder compound would be better in the long run.

it was a gamble... it was cold and rainy all weekend. if it got really cold again (or it sprinkled lightly) a soft tire would have been a good choice because the harder tires would have never warmed up enough. the weather improved, so the feeling was gone middle of the race, hence why he faded. you know the saying.... hindsight is 20/20.

it's either be good out of the box, and deal with the tire fading later OR baby the bike for the first half of the race, hope you aren't too far behind enough to push hard for a good result once the tires come alive.

it does suck though, i was amped when he led for a bit. and he did show some bravery sticking it in there on the corners. he said in the pre-race that he needs to make sure that he doesn't get swept by the way-side once vale comes on board. it was a good showing none the less, but i was hoping for a podium.

man, that moto2 race was crazy! how about sofuoglu! i chuckled every time he banged on the left clip on. even though i'm a huge laverty fan, it would have been cool if kenan won the race.

Old 11-03-2010, 09:14 AM

Moto2 was good... I think Sufoglu will be riding there next year. If it hadn't been for mechanical issues he would have won. DAMN!!! One more race left. I am sure everyone wants to go out with a WIN!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 11:56 AM

Moto2 was good... I think Sufoglu will be riding there next year. If it hadn't been for mechanical issues he would have won. DAMN!!! One more race left. I am sure everyone wants to go out with a WIN!!!
o ya, have you noticed how much toni elias has toned it down since he won the championship? he's not pushing at all anymore it seems like -- which is completely the opposite for lorenzo who destroyed rossi last week at estoril.

i just want hayden to podium at valencia. he does ride well there. ::crossing fingers::

Old 11-03-2010, 08:35 PM

[QUOTE=Conrice;983983]o ya, have you noticed how much toni elias has toned it down since he won the championship? he's not pushing at all anymore it seems like -- which is completely the opposite for lorenzo who destroyed rossi last week at estoril.QUOTE]

I wouldn't quite say Elias isn't pushing it... He crashed out. I am sure he isn't giving it a 100+ but I think he will give a good showing on the last one. I think he will be moving back to MotoGP next year.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:21 PM

Not gonna be a Spoiler, but the season finale, was rather exciting!!! Let me hear your thoughts.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I saw the MotoGP race. Haven't seen the Moto2 yet.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:53 AM

Not gonna be a Spoiler, but the season finale, was rather exciting!!! Let me hear your thoughts.
motogp
disappointed by hayden....

who the hell would race with a $15,000 helmet (lorenzo)... hahaha

moto2
toni elias - the only thing that wasn't chromed out was the wheels and the exhaust, bad move on the last lap

julian simon and andrea iannonne- wow, what a battle

Old 11-08-2010, 08:54 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Conrice

who the hell would race with a $15,000 helmet (lorenzo)... hahaha

Who the hell would criticize the World Champion for doing so....hahahahahahaha

Old 11-09-2010, 06:58 AM

motogp
disappointed by hayden....
Probably not anywhere near as disappointed as he is with himself. It did suck though, he was strong and aggressive, but maybe a bit too aggressive to deal with the front end feel that whole team has been struggling with all season.

A good race though. Lorenzo has been fantastic. Lorenzo is doing to everyone else what Rossi did for so many years. it did kind of suck that the comentator leaned towards the crash of Rossi and Pedrosa as being the reason he won... I think it may have played a part in how early he won, but I don't think anyone could have taken it from him. It was definately his year to win.

Anyone else notice Rossi's lack of endurance since his accident? He sure seems to fade towards the end of the last few races. Its very unlike him. . It could be a combination of things, new contract, can't win the championship so why risk anything.... who knows. But it certainly doesn't look like Rossi out there.

It will be interesting to see what early testing shows.

Quick Reply: Racing 2010