Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Riding pants advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Riding pants advice

Hey guys, looking to update my gear and having some problems finding a decent pair of riding pants..

Looking for a set of decent (price doesn't matter) riding pants for around the city. No crazy twisties or anything just weekly cruising with some guys from work. I live in South Carolina so it will need to be something textile that can flow well once summer hits.

Also want something with a decent amount of protection, as I'm a new rider I know I'll be going down at some point and time in the near future and want to the best protection I can for when that happens.

Currently looking at Icon Arc Textile or Rev'It Textile pants. But looking for some real world experience from ya'll on what works best.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:39 PM

I've been looking into this too...can't decide what I want. I think I want an overpant - love to be able to wear shorts under them when I get off the bike in the FL heat.

Old 09-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 09-17-2010, 10:35 PM

i just got a pair of the tour master venture pant, very nice with comfy removable lining. might not be the best for your warm weather but did not break the bank by any means and am very happy http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...ding-Gear.aspx

Old 09-17-2010, 10:39 PM

I would put into consideration where you are and the weather at your location. Textile pants, while breezy and cool, do not offer THAT much protection. Look at Kuro's thread and maybe look into some leathers.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by botlfed
I would put into consideration where you are and the weather at your location. Textile pants, while breezy and cool, do not offer THAT much protection. Look at Kuro's thread and maybe look into some leathers.
I've considered that, I haven't been in leather pants before so I was a bit cautious of them.

Usually those of us from work will ride to downtown or such and than get some food so I figured with the textiles I could easily remove them or at least they wouldn't look ridiculous.

Would there be any recommendations for leathers that aren't too trackday-ish that can be worn in public without to much attention.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wear the Shift Torque jeans like they're a regular pair of jeans. Most people don't have a clue they're not. My girlfriend thought they were designer jeans actually.

They won't protect like leather. But I don't look like a hillbilly clown in them walking around town

Old 09-17-2010, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
I wear the Shift Torque jeans like they're a regular pair of jeans. Most people don't have a clue they're not. My girlfriend thought they were designer jeans actually.

They won't protect like leather. But I don't look like a hillbilly clown in them walking around town
I've had my eye on a set of the riding jeans for awhile. I do like that they look normal with some bonus protection. I may even order a set or two along with a pair of riding pants. I seem to buy multiples of things.. (2 Jackets, 2 Boots, 3 Gloves, 2 Helmets).

I ran into these and they look like a decent alternative:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...voc-Pants.aspx

Video Review:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebZ4O5Yutrs

Look like a decent set of street riding pants, 70% Leather, 30% Textile and are over-the-boot type fit..

Old 10-25-2010, 08:05 PM
MZ5

So, what did you end up getting, and how do you like them?