Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

Gettin cold....

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gettin cold....

I know this is random but seeing how I just bought it I figured I'd share it with everyone else.

Under Armor Hood

Going hunting up in northern Missouri and wanted to be prepared for the winds while up in the tree stand. Any ways, I was checking out reviews before I went an got it and it what caught my eye was the fact that it was thin but yet kept your ears, head and face warm. Not sure how your helmet keeps the bottom of your chin and neck warm if you ride in the winter time but would be a great piece for under the helmet and would fit comfortably too. Feels nice on altho like some others state it does get a bit tight around the nose altho you can pull it down or even use it as just a neck gaitor.

Any thoughts?

Old 11-02-2010, 11:28 PM

sounds useful to me i may just have to pick one up. let us know how it treats you when youre sitting up in that stand for a few hours

Old 11-03-2010, 12:12 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ah yes, the good ole tree stand exposed to cold numbing winds. ;-)

Yeah, UA is good stuff. I use it under my leathers, both 'heat' & 'cold' gear. Use UA for exercise gear & daily use. I've got a golf pullover that's great just to throw on when its cool. Its light-weight & thin but keeps me warm.

UA can be more expensive than some other similar products but the quality is there at that price-point.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:50 PM
MZ5

I use a sweatshirt (I think it's popular to call them "hoodies" at the moment?) under my riding jacket when it's cold in the morning. Keeps my neck from getting frostbite below freezing temps. I've never had anything from UA on, so I don't know why they're magic clothes, but I hear they are. I do wish that my sweatshirt was more windproof, but I have other things (like a scarf) I can wrap around my neck.

I have a 'long' head shape, so I can't really wear anything underneath my helmet without getting a headache from it pressing on my forehead. Some day, maybe I'll be able to afford a Shoei helmet, which doesn't seem to cause me these difficulties.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:21 PM

I've got a full set of cold gear under armor and you get pretty warm being out in mid 20* weather with the rest of your clothes. Pretty crazy. Got the leggings and full arm gear from my parents for Christmas. Had to have it for hunting. Got about two weeks and I'll let you know how it works. What's nice is how it pulls down easily and isn't super tight on your head or face.