Riding Gear Questions and reviews about jackets, helmets, gloves, etc.

which riding pants?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which riding pants?

Could someone recommend some riding pants that offer protection, but wouldn't be too bad to get on and off when commuting back and forth to work? I have a textile jacket w/ all the padding, gloves, etc, but am looking into the pants for more protection. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 09-14-2007, 07:28 AM
Default RE: which riding pants?

I too would like an answer to this question. I have a TourMaster armored mesh jacket and am looking for pants that will fit over my work clothes for my commute, but also can be worn on hot days with shorts underneath or just underwear and allow more breathability and riding comfort.

Last night at my friend's motorcycle gear store, he showed me a couple of tourmaster mesh pants with rain and insulated liners. I tried some on over my pants and they fit okay, but I was concerned that they may be too loose if I'm wearing shorts or nothing underneath. He also had me try on some regular textile riding pants, not designed to go over your existing clothes. They fit well, and would be fine for my weekend riding, but I still want something to go over my clothes for my commutes and that offer some sort of warmth for when the weather gets cooler.

Here's what I tried on:

(Firstgear pants only) http://www.motoemporium.com/firstgea...shtexpant.html

(Tourmaster pants w/liners) http://www.motoemporium.com/tourmast...reairpant.htmland http://www.motoemporium.com/tourmast.../flexpant.html

I wanted something to match my jacket, which is this: http://www.motoemporium.com/tourmast...ke/intake.html(the Silver/Dark Silver one). I'm trying to decide which I should go with, but right now I'm leaning more toward the "Flexpant".

Old 09-20-2007, 09:23 PM

For my around town riding, I use the Joe Rocket PhonixTextile riding pants. They have great knee and hip protection andgreat breathablity. Only downfall is they are kinda bulky when I have jeans underneath them.

Man's Textile Pants - NEW
Free-airâ„¢ poly/mesh shell
Height adjustable C.E. rated knee protectors
Rock Texâ„¢ seat reinforcement
Full length side zippers
8" zipper for jacket attachment
Reflective stripe
These pants run a tad small and are primarily for hot weather use.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Teknic Sprint pants @ ironpony.com. Closeout. $69.00 They're $178.00 other places. Check-em out.

Old 09-22-2007, 05:42 PM

"Draggin jeans" $90 a pair

Old 09-22-2007, 06:06 PM

Icon barrier jeans...triple stitched crotch, knees, and sides... reinforced knees.. $70 supporting local businesses. Just bought some Icon shin guards that fit underneath well.

Old 09-23-2007, 12:46 AM

Those Icons sound good. For now, I just go commando in leather pants I got at the mall. G.